20% CGT refund on properties sold between 2004-2008

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

I read in the sunday express today under the headline 1000's of euros to be refinded to spanish property sellers, that all properties sold in spain between 2004 and 2008 where 35% capital gains tax was taken from the profit, mainly from expats, has now been declaired illegal by the european parliment as the spanish only had to pay 15%.- the 20% surchsrge must now be refunded if they are asked for it.

They only have to go back 4 years due to statute of limitations laws, but if you have sold a spanish property in that period, it may be worth checking with your solicitor what you paid and if they can get you a refund.

Has anyone else picked up on this, is it being discussed in Spain and in the Sur in english???

I'm calling my solicitor on Monday for sure.

Can you give us some more advice locally???

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 7:04 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Well, I don't think this is quite right.  It's to do with a Spanish law firm that's saying that the 35% CGT charged to foreigners was illegal and they are taking the matter to the European court. 

They are saying that if you were affected by this then you can do the same.

In my view, you would need a lot of money to do this but I assume they have publicised it so that you get them to do it for you.

You can see more at www.spanishtaxreclaim.co.uk

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 12:26 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Here's the link to another article about it:-

Click herel=0

Although I read on another forum that it's possible the people who made huge profits in the boom years were quite happy to walk away from the 5%(?) retention, because reclaiming it may have lead to further tax labilities on the profits.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2008 12:22 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
http://www.spanishtaxreclaim.co.uk

Spanish Tax Reclaim Helpline 0845 680 3849 or email
info@spanishtaxreclaim.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

FIRST OCCUPATION LICENSE'S - 3 posts
las ninfas, los montesinos - 12 posts
state primary schools in the mazarron area - 1 posts
Newcomer in '08 - 5 posts
Multicurrency Mortgages - 5 posts
Changing Address for car ownership - 4 posts
Rojales (CB) - 11 posts
Sales Rep's required to sell the New SPF SPRAY BOOTH and LIGHT THERAPY CHAIRS - 0 posts
Wanted Office Furniture - 0 posts
Rent or Buy when moving to Spain - 8 posts
contact - 2 posts
Fitting electrial appliances and lights. - 27 posts
Death Duties - 0 posts
car boot sale - 0 posts
Driving Time - 3 posts
Rental needed with ADSL Internet - 9 posts
Most common problems when buying in Spain? - 4 posts
I need some websites! - 3 posts
Gas Bareque Licence??????????? - 1 posts
Wonderful Alcaidesa - 3 posts
Gran Mirador Rio Park Muchamiel 13 MISSING PEOPLE WANTED READ MR ANDY. - 0 posts
Mr Andy - 1 posts
Disappearing developers - what is the right course of action - 7 posts
How to find a thread - 3 posts
Spanish property prices up! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x