las ninfas, los montesinos

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by mazz66 Star rating in los montesinos. 28 posts Send private message

If any of you enjoy Spanish tapas you should try Las Ninfas, in Los Montesinos. Its a very small bar with very friendly spanish owners  Jose & Carmen with every sort of tapas you could ask for and the best tortilla and a very leathal sangria .

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 6:27 PM by amcgrory Star rating in La Herrada Los Monte.... 23 posts Send private message

amcgrory´s avatar
Can you give us the location in Los Montesinos mazz66 ? Would definately give it a try when over next

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 6:39 PM by mazz66 Star rating in los montesinos. 28 posts Send private message

Las ninfas is on the outskirts of town, from the main high street you turn on to the avenida la maquesa which takes you past  the main plaza and the town hall, continue and take the very last turning on the right and las ninfas is on the right. I should of also mentioned they make a fantastic paella but this must be ordered a couple of days beforehand.  Hope you find it you wont be dissapointed.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 6:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thanks Mazz, our villa is nearby & we will be going June again (yes I know we've just come back after being there 25 days )  so we shall look it up. However, do we need Spanish ?  We've been directed to many little bars only to find that because we've not learnt Spanish ( yes we should endevour to do so, I realise) we can't make ourselves be understood. We know of two excellent restaurants both just off the main road as you go through Los Montesinos but we were rather lost once in them. (Panicked & fled in shame).

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 7:06 PM by mazz66 Star rating in los montesinos. 28 posts Send private message

Spanish is always and advantage but in Ninfas just having a finger to point at what tapas you want will get you by. Jose loves all the english and will always make you welcome and hes even learnt a very small amount of english to make our lives a bit easier. 

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 10:38 AM by amcgrory Star rating in La Herrada Los Monte.... 23 posts Send private message

amcgrory´s avatar
cheers Mazz I know the bar that you mean, me and OH have sat outside with a beer or three a few times admiring the large villa opposite promising to visit on an evening to eat.The woman who always seems to be there is ultra friendly, maybe  next time !!!

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 11:06 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mazz & Amcgrory, do you live in Spain ?
You haven't filled in your location on your profiles so we don't know. Any chance you would, please ?  

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 2:48 PM by amcgrory Star rating in La Herrada Los Monte.... 23 posts Send private message

amcgrory´s avatar
Hello More, no we don't live in Spain [ at this moment in time anyway,who knows ? ] but we have a quad in La Herrada beside Los Montesinos. We completed on the property last July and hope to use it along with family and friends as often as we possibly can for   years to come. My OH  Pat is the one who moniters Eye on Spain most days and like most folks find it brill for keeping up to date with goings on. Keep up the good work, Ann. 

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 2:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Ann, thanks for kind comment. I see La Herrada has a community website, are you aware ?

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 3:37 PM by amcgrory Star rating in La Herrada Los Monte.... 23 posts Send private message

amcgrory´s avatar

Hi again More yes we are aware of community website and pop in from time to time to keep up to date locally but prefer to browse Eye on Spain more often as it has a wider range of topics from a seemingly knowledgable fan base.Ann

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 8:09 PM by mazz66 Star rating in los montesinos. 28 posts Send private message

Hello all, yes we have lived in spain for 5 years now, 18 months in Algorfa opposite La Finca Golf  course before it was a golf course and the last 3 and half years in Los Montesinos. We have 2 teenage boys who love it as much as we do. So if you are going to be in La Ninfas in the near future let me know  because i only work around the corner from the bar and its my local for lunch.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 9:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I feel another EOS meet is in the air for June, I'll bring the gang, ask Jose to crack open the sangria, Mazz.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2008 3:55 PM by mazz66 Star rating in los montesinos. 28 posts Send private message

hey hey roll on june, any excuse for a party

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

state primary schools in the mazarron area - 1 posts
Newcomer in '08 - 5 posts
Multicurrency Mortgages - 5 posts
Changing Address for car ownership - 4 posts
Rojales (CB) - 11 posts
Sales Rep's required to sell the New SPF SPRAY BOOTH and LIGHT THERAPY CHAIRS - 0 posts
Wanted Office Furniture - 0 posts
Rent or Buy when moving to Spain - 8 posts
contact - 2 posts
Fitting electrial appliances and lights. - 27 posts
Death Duties - 0 posts
car boot sale - 0 posts
Driving Time - 3 posts
Rental needed with ADSL Internet - 9 posts
Most common problems when buying in Spain? - 4 posts
I need some websites! - 3 posts
Gas Bareque Licence??????????? - 1 posts
Wonderful Alcaidesa - 3 posts
Gran Mirador Rio Park Muchamiel 13 MISSING PEOPLE WANTED READ MR ANDY. - 0 posts
Mr Andy - 1 posts
Disappearing developers - what is the right course of action - 7 posts
How to find a thread - 3 posts
Spanish property prices up! - 3 posts
PARKING AT TERMINAL 2 ALICANTE? - 2 posts
Splitting a parcela - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x