security grilles

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2008 11:03 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Pat, builders are a law unto themselves. I doubt it very much that Bill's builder will put grilles on if he hasn't done. It cost money & they won't if they don't need to, will they ? If Maria can't help maybe there's not a law & it's just been conjecture.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 11:31 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Do the draft enclosed in the contract or   the publicity  show grilles? If so, ask for them.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 11:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Barbara, I sourced THESE for you

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 2:26 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

maria, thank you for your reply, the contract we have is a standard contract  that is used in spain, or so we were told not to sure what publicly is but we wre given sales brochure and on it is garden and drive gates we have since been told that we have to supply and fit them ourselves not to sure what  corner our soilictor is fighting for , if we had the choice again we wuold have arranged our own and not the agents, i would like to thank you and everyone concerned for there time and patience on trying to help in this matter, good luck to you all for the future. bill marshall

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 2:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
If the grilles are in the publicity, they need to place them. No way you have to. ASk your lawyer to put a claim before the Consumers Office for that.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 4:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Bill, have you joined your development forum yet ? Is it this one Buenavista Golf  (Rojales area) I can't locate one for  Vista Golf. You could ask in there of the other owners/ prospective owners.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 4:50 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hi we did speak to few other buyers but they were in the same position i have tried the site but didnt get a lot of response not to sue whether we were doing it right  the address we have is `vista golf, florida golf , the development is the one with different painted pergoles. hope this helps but thank you anyway , cheers bill.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 5:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Bill, i don't know your development.

I think what Maria was trying to convey to you was if the grilles were listed in the contract, the advertising publicity pamplets or anywhere else then you have a right to them.  I guess grilles were fitted to show property, weren't they ? (Oh yes, I bet they were). If your agent inferred you got all you saw except certain fitted items like vanity unit, fridge/freezer etc, I'd EXPECT to be given them. They tell you half truths, not necessarily lying through their teeth but not telling you the full story & hope you won't cotton on. We've been there, done that & got teeshirts.  

You sound such a lovely gent.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 7:50 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

maria ,  i have had some other advice on this matter when we paid the deposit we were handed  brochures with details of the apartments they had gates fitted also when looking on web at estate agents selling the property they have gates on it we asked our lawyer to ask why we had to pay for supply and fitting she told us that  the builder  said they do not come fitted,  we were also told there would be gates fitted around swimming pool for security we are now being advised that we and the other residents have also to pay for them ourselves. we have not paid the final payment and we have not and will not give anyone the power of attorney. we were also informed by the agents that if we did not arrange a time to sign for the property we would incur interest charges even though the cert hab licence is not in place ,

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 8:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Bill, you cannot be forced to sign for your property if it hasn't a certificate of habitation. (Maria has posted on this so many times). It's also illegal to live in a property without a certificate of habitation. You will be on builders water & electricity till you are granted the certificate & the builder could withdraw these at any time & leave you high & dry. You may never be granted one & that's the worry. We actually completed without even knowing about certificates of habitation being important, we had no knowledge about such things three years ago. It took us two years to get our certicate. We were on mains electricity as our builder did a deal with a company but we were on builders water for the two years for which he charged what he wanted & actually cut fase 1 off for three days in the height of summer as they refused to pay. Be careful, stand your ground. Your builder seems to be having his own way far too much.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 3:32 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hello again to everyone that has a interest in the long  standing saga . when we decided to purchase this apartment  we purchased on the understanding that we would have it a a holiday home for family and friends and also to rent the property out to help pay for  the upkeep and mortgage that we have taken out , so this how we  are at this stage in the game. we have friends and numerous work collegues that are waiting to rent   throughtout the year.  we now stand to lose at least £ 4 to 5 thousand pounds on rental.  WE ARE NOW IN A POSITION WHERE WE  CANNOT USE OR RENT OUT DUE TO NO CERT OF HAB.  THESE BUILDERS AND OTHERS LIKE THEM HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER . AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT INTO PLACE TO PROTECT ME AND ANY ONE ELSE THAT HAS HAD AND IS STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS GOING BACK TO THE YEAR DOT. WE HAVE BEEN ASKED BY MANY PEOPLE WHATS THE INS AND OUT OF BUYING PROPERTY IN SPAIN I JUST ANSWER HOW LONG HAVE YOU GOT. once again thanks to everyone and you all have a nice day if that is possilbe. cheers bill barshall.

Like 0      
29 May 2008 9:31 AM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Hi All

Can anyone resolve the issue of if new build property requires Grills or Shutters to be fitted by law? I have seen a number of threads stating this is now law for new builds since September 2006?

If anyone knows this is now law please can you quote exactly which law this is?

Or is it just an old wives tail?

Regards

Phil

Like 0      
29 May 2008 5:22 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Regardless of what the law is (or perceived to be) none of the properties on my new urb had grilles fitted to the ground floor and I completed in May this year.  Builders quoted €3,800 to fit a 3 bed house but I got them from a company called Omac for €2,480 and they did an excellent job plus excellent quality materials (came when they said, fitted, cleared up, and provided them in the colour required - quick too.)
I had heard that all new builds from Jan 08 had to have grilles fitted on the bottom but, if this is true, my builders have certainly not heard of it.
I did, however, have a front and back gate fitted which was a bonus.

Like 0      
29 May 2008 5:29 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hello, i did a lot of  searching for this but did not come up with anything concrete, but  if you look at most of new building s completed you will find them already fitted ,   cheers.

Like 0      
30 May 2008 2:23 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hello Bill, good to "see" you again, have missed your posts.

Like 0      
30 May 2008 8:18 AM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hello mo, just been  keeping quiet for the moment, but i have a lot to say when im finally sorted, thank you for those generous comments, speak to you all soon,  cheers bill marshall.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Musician looking for work - 1 posts
break ins common on new`builds - 1 posts
Cave houses in Rojales - 20 posts
Zeniamar - 7 posts
Spring Sale from Thomsonfly - 0 posts
Disney in Spain - 5 posts
Due to Complete and at a loss to know which way to turn - 8 posts
Snagging Company - Mojacar Area - 2 posts
Condado de Alhamo - 3 posts
Airports-dont forget - 4 posts
Exchange Rates - 22 posts
HOUSE IN SPAIN - CHANNEL 4 - 12.30 til 13.30 uk time - 5 posts
coming over on 11th march !! - 2 posts
Hacienda Requelme Golf Resort - 25 posts
Andalucia Day - 2 posts
Peter and Theresa - 3 posts
6-8 week Rental required, Costa Brava Area, May and June - 1 posts
Costa Brava small property rental required for May and June 2008 - 0 posts
Fay Nights - 0 posts
Isnt it time for a new meet?? - 14 posts
SPANISH CLUB, HELP YOU LEARN, FORUM ETC - 1 posts
Pinar de campoverde - 10 posts
New to EOS and looking to buy in Spain - 4 posts
Europa Goldcar rip off at Murcia - 0 posts
Easter Cultural Fiestas Costa del Sol - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x