Pinar de campoverde

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by joellie Star rating in n.ireland. 7 posts Send private message

Hi

I'm thinking of buying in this area.

What I would like to know has anyone used the local estate agents in pinar de campoverde are they okay to work with?

Also I am holding out until maybe the start of 2009 do you think the prices will drop any in this area.

Joanne

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 2:23 PM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Joellie,

I currently live in this area but unfortunately I can't tell you about the local Estate agents as I have never used them or heard anything about them.

I can tell you its a lovely area, very quiet and friendly people and only a short ride into the decent size town of Pilar de la Horadada and the beach just beyond that. 

I couldn't tell you about house prices rising or falling but I do know that if you want to buy here you will be spoilt for choice as the are literally hundreds of places for sale.

HTH

Damian

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 2:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Joanne

Re prices dropping further, just a mo whilst I look into my crystal ball for you. Nope, it's cloudy !!

Can I recommend these two guys who post on EOS who are estate agents ? Hubby & I have met both. Genuinely nice hard working people.

"GEORGIA" in Guardamar .. http://www.rightmoveespana.com/  Contact shaun@rightmoveespana.com

"GILLESPIE" in Los Alcazares .. Contact ken@propertyshopsgroup.com

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/27/2008.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 3:48 PM by joellie Star rating in n.ireland. 7 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks very much for the replies.

Yes  Damok Campoverde is a lovely area and very clean, no gravity or anything like that.

I  rented a villa there  just too get a feel for the place, and really enjoyed my stay, people very friendly. I have also booked again for July to get an update on the property market.

There is alot of properties for sale and as yet can not make my mind up to buy in the new area or old ,both are lovely.

I particularly like the large pink villas with the round tower and blue roof tiles and have noticed they have dropped a bit in price. There  on the wide street Herbe something I think it is called in the new bit.

Thank you More for your reply . Yes I have read posts by the two estate agents you have mentioned and they seem to be really decent blokes, but there is one estate agent in particular in campoverde who lives in the village so he would really know the area, and I was thinking he must be alright because his buyers would become  his neighbours

I thought I would just see if anybody had used him first though just for peace of mind.

Thanks

Joanne

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 3:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Joanne, you haven't told us the estate agent's name so no one can say if they've used him. Give us a clue !

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 4:09 PM by joellie Star rating in n.ireland. 7 posts Send private message

Sorry      

Oakwood Properties

Joanne

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 4:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 2:01 PM by joellie Star rating in n.ireland. 7 posts Send private message

Hi

Yes I know I have been going on it every week for last couple of years now keeping a track on prices.

Thanks anyway

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 4:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I realised you likely knew it, I posted link for others, Joanne.  

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 10:30 AM by susiebaby57 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi,

I lived in Pilar in 1987, I moved there when I was 9 and lived in the area till 18..... (now in Costa del sol)

Pilar de la horadada is a great place and I loved every minute of it. We used to ride our bikes up to Pinar every weekend!

I would recomend you view and buy with an agent but also check your prices by looking on the net and maybe chatting with the residents .

If you are buying a villa get a good lawyer....I am always worried about Pinar due to the surrounding area being green belt. I would recommend Mil palmeras or Campoamor but I would Thats where I lived.

Ps always make sure your agent is fluent in both eng and spanish...... Not in to agents who dont speak spanish.... how is it poss to get good complete local knowledge with out spanish??? especially in Pilar!!

There are some good agents in calle mayor in Pilar. Ask around once your there.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 6:53 PM by joellie Star rating in n.ireland. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Susie

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes i think the area is lovely too.

The estate agent I was thinking of using lives in campoverde and speaks fluent spanish and english.

I have also thought about pinar being so close to the natural area and thought maybe it would be safer to buy in the new area rather than the old village.

The houses in the old village are lovely, very private but some look like there boundaries are right on the edge of the protected area so I would be very wary of them.

The new part is further away from the protected area and I have spoke to some people living there and they seem to have no problems.

I am going out in July again so will see what is happening with the house prices

Thanks again

Joanne.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New to EOS and looking to buy in Spain - 4 posts
Europa Goldcar rip off at Murcia - 0 posts
Easter Cultural Fiestas Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Spanish Plumbing - 9 posts
Search Facility - 5 posts
advice please - 3 posts
Long term Rental - Alpujarras - 0 posts
Fishing Tackle Shop - 2 posts
Reported to Social Security - 5 posts
first occupational licence / who is in - 1 posts
als pal - 0 posts
va va voom - 1 posts
CAR BOOT SALES - 2 posts
Account Opening Fees - 3 posts
Certificate of Habitation (or lack of) Block 7, square 3. - 1 posts
Consumer rights regarding faulty merchandise - 1 posts
Juande Ramos : A Spanish Legend and a Developer who Delivers.... - 12 posts
The Blue Palm, Marbella - 19 posts
SIX NATIONS - 18 posts
driving lesson - 6 posts
Pet Friendly Hotels - 3 posts
Furntire shops in Mojacar/Vera Playa area - 4 posts
DISNEY IN SPAIN - 12 posts
Residencia - 38 posts
New to the site and On the Move - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x