security grilles

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hi, isent a private message reg to a lady who posted in july 2007 reg grilles and she said that maria may have more anwsers, spanish law on all new builds on ground floor fitted as standard hope this message reaches maria,

Like 0      
29 Feb 2008 10:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Bill, I did a quick search for REJAS & came up with lots of reading matter. (Rejas = grilles)

Like 0      
01 Mar 2008 6:17 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

thanks for the reply but dont understand the message, probally lack of sunshine. cheers bill.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2008 7:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Bill, above the messages on here there's a SEARCH FORUMS facility. Click on it. This below will show.

Keyword Search:

Enter keyword or phrase to search for.  Note that this is an exact search so for multiple words it will look for that exact phrase in the forum.  For example, if you search for "building licences" then it will look for that exact phase and not "building" and "licences" separately.

Member Search:

List all posts by a member.  Enter member user name to search:

It gives you options to search for a certain members posts or a keyword which should (ahem, not always) get you to posts/threads pertaining to that keyword ie "rejas". I searched for keyword "rejas" (grilles) as I knew that word had been used a lot in the posts about security. Try it.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 3:36 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

thanks for the advice on searching forum read a`few threads some said that it is law but did not say where information could be found our builder is saying that the rejas / grilles are not supplied to our brand new ground floor apartment on vista golf 2  near to villamartin, we are starting to get a little confused with the situation. thank you once `again for  your time, bill.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 4:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Ask Maria, Bill. She's a lawyer who posts here. She helps us all.

Email her on mldecastro@costaluzlawyers.es     or    marialuisa@costaluzlawyers.es

Maria L. De Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 4:07 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Bill, I've sent you a private message. Look at the top right-hand side of this page and click  on 'private messages'.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 4:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Our urbanisation has grilles on all ground floor openings, provided by the builder. Our agent (wouldn't really trust them as far as I could throw them, but...) told us it was law that on new developments they should be fitted as standard. Obviously I am not a lawyer, but most of the properties on other urbs also have complete grilles on lower levels.

Mark

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 4:46 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hi to everyone that has taking the time to give me advice on this matter reg grilles. if the lady has sent me  a private message i will respect that and  thank her for her comments . and the private message will stay private. ps i will e mail maria and hope she can answer the question  on the forum and end this once and for all. cheers bill marshall.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 4:52 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I seem to remember a similar post some long time ago about the grills and the Law, but I can't remember what it said!!

Our apartment block ( built 5 ish years ago ) had grills on the ground floor, but not on any other floors, which seemed a bit daft since the first floor is ( and has proved to be ) highly accessible.

I would like to know the answer about this myself, so any info would be greatly appreciated........................from anyone or from everyone, please.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 5:00 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hello to every one out there  who would like this saga finished once and for all. when  and if i recieve any concrete information i will post  on the forum  for eveyone to use as they wish, cuold the builders be  holding something back ?  not just on our development, but others as `well. thank you bill marshall.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 5:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes their was a thread about this and the grilles i remember posting on it at the time.We completed in Nov 2006 and we had grilles fitted by the builder.    It is definetly law now that I do know, so Bill wait to hear from Maria, but I would get back to your builder and ask why they are not fitting them.   Pat 

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 5:29 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Thanks Pat and Rop, I was sure I'd seen something before!!

A collegue of mine who is Spanish and actually works for a Spanish builder says it is Law now, but she doesn't know where to find the relevent data.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 7:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
My understanding is that this was a recent law brought in so new developments now must have grilles on the ground floor.  Not sure when this was introduced though.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 10:34 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Bill try using the search facility  for Grille and door Alarms you might find an answer there    I know all the  new builds on apartments by us have grilles on ground floor.   Good Luck Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 3/3/2008.

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 3/3/2008.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 10:44 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hello to you both thanks for the message, hopefully maria will get involved and answer the question , thank you for your concern. bill marshall.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 7:55 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
 Hello Bill:

I have been researching on that for some days and cannot find an specific requirement for grilles to be placed by developers obligatorily when building. Of course I cannot think you can be denied of a license to place them if you need them.

The Building technical code of 2006 speaks of safety in terms of personal safety against accidents but not against burglaries.

Please let me know if you want to know more on this.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 8:08 AM by barbara b Star rating in Huddersfield/La Cana.... 20 posts Send private message

Hi Bill
We completed in Feb 07 and none of our villas had grills fitted but the quads in the urb. did. The builders excuse was that the architect had forgotten to put them on the drawings hence we didn't get any. Our development was started in 2005. I don't know if the start date is significant or not.
 Burglars still managed to break in, they hammered the grill off and broke the window. We are not overlooked on that side of the villa. We are now considering adding window locks . Does anyone know if there are such a thing as external sensors that will make a noise if anyone approaches? I was thinking that it can't be any more irritating than the sound of barking dogs and would be more property specific.
Barbara

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 10:47 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Barbara. We had window locks put on.

Where r u ? Can you please fill in your location on your forum profile so others can see. It is often imperative if we are asked to help locally. If you don't know how to you hover on FORUMS above here (under the word "on" in the Eye On Spain logo) & click on 3rd down then scroll to LOCATION & typed your area in & remember to go to bottom to SAVE CHANGES.

Is there such a thing as having a PIR which, when activated, also turns on a dog barking sound. I would've thought it was possible. Contact a security company.

MARIA .............. once again, thank you for coming to try to help us.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 10:55 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Bill. our development was started in 2005 completed in 2007 and as I say we have grilles.  Have you been back to your builder yet?  Pat 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Musician looking for work - 1 posts
break ins common on new`builds - 1 posts
Cave houses in Rojales - 20 posts
Zeniamar - 7 posts
Spring Sale from Thomsonfly - 0 posts
Disney in Spain - 5 posts
Due to Complete and at a loss to know which way to turn - 8 posts
Snagging Company - Mojacar Area - 2 posts
Condado de Alhamo - 3 posts
Airports-dont forget - 4 posts
Exchange Rates - 22 posts
HOUSE IN SPAIN - CHANNEL 4 - 12.30 til 13.30 uk time - 5 posts
coming over on 11th march !! - 2 posts
Hacienda Requelme Golf Resort - 25 posts
Andalucia Day - 2 posts
Peter and Theresa - 3 posts
6-8 week Rental required, Costa Brava Area, May and June - 1 posts
Costa Brava small property rental required for May and June 2008 - 0 posts
Fay Nights - 0 posts
Isnt it time for a new meet?? - 14 posts
SPANISH CLUB, HELP YOU LEARN, FORUM ETC - 1 posts
Pinar de campoverde - 10 posts
New to EOS and looking to buy in Spain - 4 posts
Europa Goldcar rip off at Murcia - 0 posts
Easter Cultural Fiestas Costa del Sol - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x