Quantum Villas - Anyone heard of them ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jun 2008 4:34 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Brian,

I´ve sent you a long PM, I hope you get it before you catch your flight.

Have a good one.

Gillespie

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
14 Jun 2008 6:14 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Visited the site last week...all the marketing boards were down and the sales hut looked deserted
But do not know the current state of the development...so it may be OK

The adjoining site is going well....sewers in and roads to base course and they are working on the pavements
Several are now built and occupied and others being constructured

Photo's of these attractive villas and current state of the work are available, if anyone wants them

prices for a 2 bed are from 170.000 € [ @ 1.24 that is circa £137.000 and plus the normal purchase costs circa £150.700   Plots are from 400 M2
Bank Guarantees are available for the deposit

And irrespective of what has been said about the area around Huercal Overa all the buyers have had it confirmed form different lawyers that it has all the appropriate planning approvals
A building licence is issued for each villa when a buyer has confirmed design and it appears that the development is being monitored by the local council

Great location

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 6/15/2008.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2008 3:43 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar
Hi Peop's 

I have just spoken with the builder and the reason for no boards is due to a storm they had a few weeks ago.  Assurances have been given build is due to start shortly.  Have had site and permissions etc ... checked out and all ok.

Is there anyone else buying on this site ?

xxx

Like 0      
15 Jun 2008 11:20 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
well that is good news for any buyers
and make sure you get a copy of the approval from the Junta's office in Almeria which, I am told , is the confirmed planning permision
And you should also get an English translation 

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 9:31 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I have purchased in El Saltador, but I would warn you that the big problem is getting the Bank Guarantee and without the bank guarantee you have absolutely no protection.  These developers don't want to go to the expense of getting them and paying you the required by law 6%.  They just use your money free!!  I have been waiting from July 2007 for one and they keep either ignoring me or when I threaten legal action they get the bank to send a letter saying they are working on it but it still never materializes.  Also, if you do go ahead, don't depend on their timelines.  My contract said they would furnish me a house by Oct. of this year, but they don't even have the permit for it yet.  If you do go ahead, I would get a very, very good lawyer from outside the area.  Good luck.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 9:31 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I have purchased in El Saltador, but I would warn you that the big problem is getting the Bank Guarantee and without the bank guarantee you have absolutely no protection.  These developers don't want to go to the expense of getting them and paying you the required by law 6%.  They just use your money free!!  I have been waiting from July 2007 for one and they keep either ignoring me or when I threaten legal action they get the bank to send a letter saying they are working on it but it still never materializes.  Also, if you do go ahead, don't depend on their timelines.  My contract said they would furnish me a house by Oct. of this year, but they don't even have the permit for it yet.  If you do go ahead, I would get a very, very good lawyer from outside the area.  Good luck.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 6:36 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar
Hi Wadams there are 2 developments in El Saltador - are you buying from the developer Quantum Villas which has 16 private plots or from the large development next door ?  We have received our bank guarantee and would confirm we feel very happy with the service provided by both Quantum and our solicitors.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 11:30 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I'm buying from Parra Mellado, but nothing has materialized as yet - no BG and they have not gotten the individual permit for my house as yet and contract states it was to be ready by Oct. 2008.  Would be interested to know the name of your lawyer if you would be interested in sharing that info. with me.  Thanks. 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 11:31 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I'm buying from Parra Mellado, but nothing has materialized as yet - no BG and they have not gotten the individual permit for my house as yet and contract states it was to be ready by Oct. 2008.  Would be interested to know the name of your lawyer if you would be interested in sharing that info. with me.  Thanks. 

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 6:26 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar
Wadams Ive sent you a PM

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:42 PM by JDYERJAY Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

HI THERE 
WE ARE BUYING OFF PLAN FROM CLOVER CALLED THE PEACHES TO THE BACK OFF THE PARRA MELLADO SITE I HOPE EVERYTHING WILL BE OK AS I AM QUITE CONCERNED AFTER READING SOME OF RTHE EMAILS. WE WERE GOING TO BUY FROM QUANTUM BUT FELL OUT WITH MANUEL OVER THE DEPOSITE..CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRESS OF BUILDINGS THERE AND LEGALITIES ON THE CLOVER SITE THAT IS.
THANKS FROM JOHN and CORINNE 

This message was last edited by JDYERJAY on 9/26/2008.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 5:40 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Your lawyer should provide you with all the legal documents to show that the site is legal, if not then make sure you get the information before you hand over any money

They will have to put the infrastructure in before they start building your house as otherwise they will not get the building licence

It is a great location but make sure that everything is OK

If you have any serious worries get in touch...there does appear to be some queries about the Quantum site and paperwork but when I was there in June they were clearing your site

In the current climate it is best not to take any risks
Building on the Parra Mellado site is now  moving quite quickly as the sewers are in and the road is at base course level [ just like a new development in UK] and there is still the odd plot available

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 9/26/2008.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2008 10:03 PM by kepahe Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Be Very Very Very............. Carefully, UR moving in a VERY thin line here...

Like 0      
25 Oct 2008 1:43 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

16 Nov 2008 3:48 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Just arrived back from Spain and at El Saltador Quantum are now building several villas and everything now seems to be progressing

It would be strange in these times for the building to be so well advanced if all the permits were not available. Certainly Huercal Overa Town Hall take their time in issuing building licences [ similar to our building regulation approval] but that is often to do with making sure that infrastructure is at a required standard 

So subject to the normal precautions they are worth looking at....great location

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 3:59 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Anyone buying on the Clover site may also like to know that work is progressing with the infrastructure and that building of the villas has started

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 5:14 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar

I would like to say everything is ok with Quantum and the licences are through so there is no need to worry.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2008 3:14 PM by starkk Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello to all...

I am new to this site but wanted to add to this topic. I have just purchased a villa from Quantum Villas in El Saltador. I found Manuel to be most affable but as is the way I instructed a good solicitor to check out all the legal paperwork. Said solicitor was MY choice not theirs and everything came back ok. LIcences for the work were shown to me by my solicitor. I have to agree with rowlands it is a beautiful spot to live and that is what convinced me to buy there. My villa will be ready by July 2009 and I am looking forward to spending some great holidays there. Maybe even meet a few people on here who have bought in the area perhaps?

Like 0      
19 Nov 2008 3:18 PM by starkk Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

As a follow up to my last post you can view work progress videos on youtube from Quantum Villas. There are 3 already on it. I also get weekly updates of work progress emailed to me by the company.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2008 3:24 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

You may also like to know that the Pulpi bypass is under construction and a tunnel through the mountains so that San Juan de los Terreros with it' s great beach will be about 20  mins away [ some say 15 mins] 

You  have probably had a good look round Huercal Overa and will know that the new indoor pool will be open shortly located next door to the Sports Centre and outdoor pool adding to the very good sports facilities available in the area  

All in all a great location and in this small hamlet there is a good selection of villas at competitive prices-my future winter home location.....so a touch biased!!!

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 11/19/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Irwin Mitchell Land Grab action - 0 posts
Quick question before flying - 11 posts
New CGT Rules - 5 posts
Where'd the OASIS go?? - 3 posts
TO DO LIST - 6 posts
Money recovered - 4 posts
New Life in Spain - 4 posts
Golf Course - 4 posts
majestic gardens - 2 posts
Illegal property in Catral & surrounding areas, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
rental agent fee - 8 posts
Ms Janice Duncan and Mr. Neil McWilliam - 1 posts
I presume you all received it? - 4 posts
Residencia - 1 posts
Good Rental Agent Marbella Area - 1 posts
ACC a no go area - 5 posts
For those not in Spain ................ - 2 posts
Second hand clothes + charity shops - 21 posts
Roda golf sub standard finishes - 3 posts
Im back again - just! - 3 posts
dogs barking - 0 posts
Silence is no longer golden!! - 11 posts
Madrid - Advice on where to stay - 0 posts
Palmera and Grupo Mirador - 2 posts
Gay B&B - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x