Viva estates watch

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by festival Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I hear that Viva estates are closing five branches! this weekend can anyone confirm this or know which ones?

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 3:15 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

17 Aug 2007 3:40 PM by Chris McCarthy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Dear Festival and Patrick

Having had your posts forwarded to me this afternoon, I thought it best that I respond personally.

Yes, as part of a general restructuring and a whole new project for VIVA in the future we are indeed closing a number of office locations over the coming weeks.

We have always hoped to be a very open and transparent company, and usually outline our corporate affairs and plans in our HOT Properties magazine every month, and will therefore be announcing our expansion and change plans within HOT Properties over several coming issues / months.

We believe our future will be as exciting, interesting and filled with growth and commitment as it has been these past 10 years that we have been in business.

What I would say, as it is probably of interest to you, is that our closure of several offices has most to do with the different way the market works today, as opposed to when we opened our 15 offices between 7 - 10 years ago.

We are not laying off any personnel whatsoever, we are not reducing our services or coverage of the market, we are indeed to expand all of that, which will become evident as I said in forthcoming issues of HOT Properties and in our general promotional activity through September and beyond.

I hope that answers your question clearly. 

I hope that you will also appreciate there is more to come, as there ever has been from VIVA over the past decade, we may have made some mistakes along the way, we may not always have been everyone's cup of tea lets say, yet have always been here hopefully seen as - open, transparent and committed - to the coast throughout that time, and we sincerely hope to be here for another 10 years also.

Best regards,

Chris McCarthy, Managing Director, VIVA Estates.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 5:08 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

I used to have a Viva Estate not very reliable as I recall:

Johnone

This message was last edited by johnone on 8/17/2007.

This message was last edited by johnone on 8/17/2007.

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 5:22 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Welcome to EOS Festival, hope you enjoy the forum.

Tell us all where you are from in the UK and where you have bought in Spain, update your profile and you can chat to others in your area.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 7:49 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

You have now heard it from the MD

Marketing no doubt but he is probably right.....the market has changed

In Uk the first port of call for finding your new home is the internet not the high street

People seeking to purchase in Spain [ & other countries] are looking for service and more often now than before look at the internet first

Perhaps the UK Exhibitions are ' yesterdays men'

The big firm 'organisation &  staff systems' like Viva may find it hard to deliver a personal service in the changing market 

But do not write them off....we all learn from experience

But this is where ' personal service' clicks in

It is in my interest to say this but ' all of us smaller guys can beat the big guys '...well ' standing on our head' !!!!

Like 0      
18 Aug 2007 10:19 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Most of the posts you read about Viva are negative I know mine is,  that is probably why they are "downsizing". Companies like this get what they deserve.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2007 6:33 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi JOhnOne - as always the perfect comparison - ugly, unreliable and costly to run - not to mention massive depreciation

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Aug 2007 6:33 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi JOhnOne - as always the perfect comparison - ugly, unreliable and costly to run - not to mention massive depreciation

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Aug 2007 9:55 AM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Hi Smiley

I wonder who this is in her company car perhaps they are making savings?

sort of a Viva Estates Viva Estate

vivaestate2.jpg picture by Johnone_2007

Johnone

This message was last edited by johnone on 8/19/2007.

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 8:30 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Well there is a restructuring going on so I guess anythings possible - Quality pic by the way!

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 4:06 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I'm here to stand up for Viva Estates. All our dealings with our rep at Viva have been more than positive and we now consider him to be a great friend. If he is representative of Viva, we found that they don't just sell properties and move on; we have been (and are continuing to be) helped with the ongoing trials and tribulations of home-owning in Spain.

Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term Rental Cabopino to Elviria Desperatley needed - 1 posts
Which air-conditioning do you recommend? - 9 posts
Why the star system - 2 posts
BEACH RECOMMENDATION - CDS - 14 posts
POWER OF ATTORNEY - 12 posts
Ambasun - 23 posts
Help! How can i help pensioner with country house deed problem? - 0 posts
LOST THE THREAD - 2 posts
Auriga Crown - 53 posts
Ozzie - 0 posts
Exchange Chinese for free home-stay - 1 posts
Pool company warning!!! - 1 posts
Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x