Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by susie0708 Star rating in West Sussex . 4 posts Send private message

Hi, is anyone else having problems with electric and gas?

This is our first time buying a property abroad, we have a two bed Palmito townhouse we completed on in May.

We are coming out in a couple of weeks and although we have electric, the furniture guys told us two lights aren't  working, the key holder keeps telling us the kitchen trips and twice the boiler man has not turned up to do commisioning. The call centre either doesn't respond or doesn't call back, they make appointments they don't keep and i'm getting anxious as to whether we will be able to stay there ( we also have two small children so ariving late on a Sunday with no kitcen or warm water is not great!) Can anyone suggest a way to get this dealt with?

Susie

Like 0      
15 Aug 2007 9:53 PM by clairewebster Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

have you bought on La Torre?

Like 0      
15 Aug 2007 10:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Susie

That's so bad & I feel for you. You should say where your property is before anyone can help. If you want to see if anyone is discussing your urb/community on the designated message board, click on "add another development" under where it says DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSIONS on far left of the page where all boards show  http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/MsgBrds.aspx

Maybe others are experiencing the same problems.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 8:49 AM by susie0708 Star rating in West Sussex . 4 posts Send private message

Hi , sorry just getting used to this, still can't seem to find how to add the development, but yes we have bought on La Torre.

Quite a huge learning curve and very frustrating. It is quite hard being in England trying to organise things to happen in Spain and then getting messages from key holder that no-one turns up. We are off on holiday soon and then we go straight out to Spain so was hoping to have this all done by now.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 8:50 AM by susie0708 Star rating in West Sussex . 4 posts Send private message

Hi, thanks for that, as you can tell still learning here.  Yes, we have brought on La Torre.  Have you?

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 9:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Susis, welcome to Eye on Spain.

I see you have now added La Torre to your list of developments.  Have you been able to access that message board ok?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 10:47 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Susie,

Welcome to EOS.

I can't help with the gas problem as we don't have it in our apartment, but the electric is often a problem in Spain.

The supplier does not fit a big enough main fuse and the more electric you use, the more likely it is to trip out,

We have found that if you turn one or two high powered things off, it will be fine.

So if we use the oven and say 3 rings, we turn the electric boiler off, this always works for us.

As for your lights, if you need the phone number of an electrician, (we are in Playa Flamenca, just outside Torreveija), I can recommend one that we have used. Maybe it's as simple as a loose wire?

Good luck with it all, we all have these teething problems!

Kind regads,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts
Many Thanks Em - 2 posts
Contracts, Lawyers and Compensation - 21 posts
JUSTIN, I NEED URGENT HELP - 41 posts
Looking for a long term let! - 1 posts
Please join me in wishing Tinasolera & her family a wonderful & happy life in Spain - 8 posts
Santa Maria Village, Elviria - 1 posts
Ayrshire Duo - 2 posts
ME! GIVE IN TO PEER PRESSURE? Er....yes - 13 posts
Looking for offers... - 0 posts
PROFILE NAME CHANGE - 3 posts
Low Cost business opportunity - 1 posts
car registation in spain - 0 posts
Marble floor polishing in Manilva / Estepona area - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x