Pool company warning!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by shaggi Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

I recently got a company  based near Mazarron to construct a pool for me and wanted to warn people about there methods.

I followed the terms of the contract making payments as required along the way and the contract stated that the final payment was due 7 days after completion of work. 2 days after the work was finished i was threatened with violence if i did not pay straight away. When i said that the contract said 7 days i was subjected to foul language and told that a bulldozer would be there in the morning to knock the pool down if i did´nt pay. The amount outstanding by the way was 6000 euros!

Each day then i received further threats and promises to come and sort me out and not to mess with them but i held my nerve and only paid on the 7th day. To top it all they then wanted extra money from me for doing more work than they thought they had to do.By this time i paid them to get rid of them.

Obviously it goes without saying that during the works they did´nt turn up when they were supposed to and i had to constantly chase them which is a shame because the pool when finished is actually very good.

This companys motto is WE ONLY WANT SATISFIED CUSTOMERS

So the moral is beware!

Obviously i don´t want to name the company for the above reasons but it just goes to show that these companies exist and have no morals! God knows what will happen if i have a guarantee problem or if they don´t sort out the licence as they originally said they would.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 10:58 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

CrikeyShaggy!

That's a scary story!

Were they recommended to you? I do hope they get your licence sorted, but if I was you, I would check with the Town Hall yourself.

Ask Justing if you can name and shame them, it would be a warning to others in your area.

If Justin doesn't agree, just gives the forum some clues!!!

I hope you enjoy your pool.................can I give one word of advice though?

My Brother has a pool installed and one night, in the early hours, he heard a strange noise.

~On investigating, some moran had opened the control box and truned the dial to "drain"!!!!

So put a strong padlock on the control box!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts
Many Thanks Em - 2 posts
Contracts, Lawyers and Compensation - 21 posts
JUSTIN, I NEED URGENT HELP - 41 posts
Looking for a long term let! - 1 posts
Please join me in wishing Tinasolera & her family a wonderful & happy life in Spain - 8 posts
Santa Maria Village, Elviria - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x