Anti EU political party in Spain.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2014 7:19 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

That's an interesting paper. Thank you for posting it.

If euro scepticism achieves major and meaningful reforms in Europe, history will show it was a positive movement.

The European parliament is stuffed with status quo party members enjoying the gravy train. That fact alone can never be healthy for either meaningful debate or democracy.

Given your papers negative figures in Spanish dissatifaction in 2012 it's suprising no anti EU party has yet emerged in time for this election. At least this may be a start.

Quote: 

Spaniards do not blame Europe for the crisis and do not want to leave the euro. What has eroded their loyalty to, and trust in, Europe is that they have no voice and cannot challenge policies that are clearly not working. Spaniards have not become Eurosceptics – but they have turned into fierce Eurocritics.

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 16/05/2014.

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 16/05/2014.

Like 0      
17 May 2014 4:37 PM by lenox Star rating in Mojácar. 39 posts Send private message

I shall vote for the anti-politician party - the Partido X. This is a party which comes out of the 'indignado' movement and the first name on the list is Hervé Falciani, the fellow who left the swiss HSBC with a list of 130,000 tax evaders under his arm.

He will not be welcomed by the politicians or the bankers.

All right, we all know that the PP and the PSOE, indistinguishable as they are in Brussels, will take the pot, but there is room for a few mavericks in the European Parliament!

Like 0      
17 May 2014 5:00 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Thanks lenox that's sounds good to me. Least I have now a name who does not represent the status quo..

Like 1      
18 May 2014 8:27 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If I lived in the UK (or had a vote there, any vote.  I just have the ‘privilege’ of paying the bulk of my income tax there) I would give considerable thought to voting anti EU,  but as I live in Spain, I will not being voting against Spain’s membership.

I guess most here feel that way, thus no anti EU party !

Like 1      
19 May 2014 6:31 PM by AndrewBarker Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Johnz

Strangely the Spanish as a nation have the least faith in the EU (according to research) yet have no anti-European party of note. Make of that what you will, The only thing I can think is with Franco´s rule being so recent in the mind and the fact if you went against the status quo you were killed, then the motivation to put ones "head above the parapet" is minimal. Also to what end? They have feasted off the EU coffers, they ignore many EU laws, their own politicians are even more corrupt so "wheres the issue?".

Like 1      
19 May 2014 7:07 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1221 posts Send private message

Can you name me any of these "many" EU laws that Spain ignores?

Like 1      
19 May 2014 8:29 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Consider the following and make your own judgements with regard to adherence to the rule of law in Spain:

Regulatory Enforcement

Public enforcement of government regulations is pervasive in modern societies as a method to induce conduct. A critical feature of the rule of law is that such rules are upheld and properly enforced by authorities, particularly because public enforcement might raise the scope for negligence and abuse by officials pursuing their own interest. Appropriate and effective enforcement does not only mean that it occurs without public or private meddling, but also that regulatory proceedings are conducted in a timely way that respects the due process of law.

It consists of 84 variables combined to form the following five sub-factors:

Subfactors

6.1 Government regulations are effectively enforced

6.2 Government regulations are applied and enforced without improper influence

6.3 Administrative proceedings are conducted without unreasonable delay

6.4 Due process is respected in administrative proceedings

6.5 The Government does not expropriate without adequate compensation

Adherence to Ley 57/68 in its entirety according to the above rule of law springs to mind here (where all to many have been compromised by failure of enforcement, inconsistent judicial interpretations etc), not to mention failures to compensate those affected by retrospective costa ley law changes, illegal demolitions,etc............

The EU identify that they cannot interfere due to current treaty arrangements and rely upon "moral authority" by individual member states. But the system fails when "moral authority" is lacking and a legal lottery exists.

Sad but true.

This message was last edited by ads on 19/05/2014.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Kitchen Units Wickes - 0 posts
New Video how to use your EHIC Card Abroad - 2 posts
Sad Sad Situation - 5 posts
Worst of CostaLuz Lawyers problems - 16 posts
Water Rights - 7 posts
Hi I am Matt! - 0 posts
Moving to Spain from the Philippines - 3 posts
Registering a car in the new owners name - 6 posts
Mosquito window frames - 3 posts
new fishing shop - 0 posts
Refused emergency medical treatment - 13 posts
Possible forecourt scam - overcharging for fuel - 3 posts
Ryanair Complaint Letter - 3 posts
Who looks after your holiday let's? ??? - 0 posts
Anyone on here from Daya Vieja? - 5 posts
NIE numbers - 29 posts
Pet Insurance - Advice needed - 5 posts
Housing Market - latest report - 0 posts
MY FAVOURITE SPANIARD - 0 posts
Terrace Tile Grout - 9 posts
mijas town hall - 2 posts
Recommended bank accounts in Spain - 3 posts
What is the process for registering with the Social Security office in Spain? - 1 posts
The truth or lies? - 6 posts
WHY DON'T MORE SPANISH LEARN ENGLISH - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x