Water Rights

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2014 1:08 PM by miamiman Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Good Afternoon

I was wondering if any one could please let me know, in laymans terms, what the following mean and what the differences are between the following:

'Servidumbre de Acueducto'

Servidumbre de Desague'

Many thanks inadvance.

body p

Like 0      
12 May 2014 1:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Easement of aqueduct '

Drain easement '

I think they relate to the right, to use a water supply and to use a drain, crossing land which one does not have a right to / ownership of. So maybe a water supply or drain can cross your land and ne ised by others,  or you can use those which cross other land

Like 0      
13 May 2014 9:40 AM by miamiman Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you Johnzx

I was aware of the loose meaning but I was hoping to have a more detailed description of the two phrases as I currently have a situation with a neighbour.

I think one of the phrases means water coming out of my neighbours land for drainage and the other supplying water to my neighbours land but before I approach him I wanted to be certain of my facts.

j

Like 0      
13 May 2014 12:01 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi.

If you go onto El Blog De Maria Legal Tip 346 on this forum you will find some of what you ask.

Hope it helps you, but in the short it's the giving of a legal permission from a landowner to a water company to have access to install / maintain related facilities....Water.

You should get this throughly checked out by a solicitor just in case any "Improvements" to the water means something like a massive water pump or pumping station, as opposed to just a couple of plastic water pipes crossing over your land...If you have land. 

It's also to do with drainage from your house onto other peoples pathways / courtyards ect, but it could be a little bit more then just something as simple as a flow of water. 

PS...Forgot to add, as many have said on here...This is Spain after all....Suppose that means....Whats spoken, and being legal today...Might not be tomorrow......Wisest words ever spoken.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 13/05/2014.

Like 0      
13 May 2014 1:30 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

just

'Servidumbre de Acueducto'

Servidumbre de Desague'

is what I said it is.  If that is qualified, then the whole of the info regarding that is needed to understand its context.

Bit like saying UK,   ‘Right of Way"  without the qualifying sentences it means almost nothing.

Like 0      
14 May 2014 7:38 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

14 May 2014 8:58 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Good post Maria, thats what it's all about, the correct and proper legal advice from someone who really  knows, has to be the correct way of going about problems rather then dumb guess work.

Like 0      
15 May 2014 5:37 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Baz! It is being a pleasure and..... years of legal tips for you, EOS members!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi I am Matt! - 0 posts
Moving to Spain from the Philippines - 3 posts
Registering a car in the new owners name - 6 posts
Mosquito window frames - 3 posts
new fishing shop - 0 posts
Refused emergency medical treatment - 13 posts
Possible forecourt scam - overcharging for fuel - 3 posts
Ryanair Complaint Letter - 3 posts
Who looks after your holiday let's? ??? - 0 posts
Anyone on here from Daya Vieja? - 5 posts
NIE numbers - 29 posts
Pet Insurance - Advice needed - 5 posts
Housing Market - latest report - 0 posts
MY FAVOURITE SPANIARD - 0 posts
Terrace Tile Grout - 9 posts
mijas town hall - 2 posts
Recommended bank accounts in Spain - 3 posts
What is the process for registering with the Social Security office in Spain? - 1 posts
The truth or lies? - 6 posts
WHY DON'T MORE SPANISH LEARN ENGLISH - 32 posts
EGM agenda - 2 posts
Do you know about VPN? - 0 posts
uk or spanish licence - 34 posts
IT IS QUITE BEYOND MY UNDERSTANDING - 11 posts
Name of beach game - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x