sea fishing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar
coming back for second visit this year ( i like it ) can any one tell me how to catch fish in the med !!!!!! am i thick or what. we are planning to come over to live out our retirement so beware............

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 11:48 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

dear kenco,

if you dont know how to catch fish why did you make me buy you all that expensive fishing gear ????

please someone help my demented husband so that my "investment" is not in vain!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 12:12 AM by Si Star rating in Lincolnshire,sold ou.... 60 posts Send private message

Si´s avatar

I used a simple approach

1 telescopic rod and medium weight tackle, fishing from the beach (Casares). Managed to catch plently of sea bream, mackerel and a few strange looking things of which I don't know the name !

Great fun and can be done without spending very much money, one thing to make sure of is the fishing licence apparently they are a bit strict on this one.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 1:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Auntie Em again

Is your "investment" your hubby or his tackle ? I'll rephrase that, shall I ?

Oh, you know what I mean, don't you ?

I thought Ken was a river fisherman & I was talking river fishing on your other thread Hello from sunny Scarborough.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 7:24 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

hi more...

I invested both in Ken and his tackle - and neither have paid dividents to date!!

He is not too fussy and river or sea fishing he is happy with - in the past he did a lot of sea fishing just because of where he was (a small island on the bahamas) so thats what hes got more experience of, but happy to turn his hand to anything!

Auntie Em x

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 4:28 PM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar

It,s been a long time since I went fishing, never fished in Spain so thanks Si, any advice helps. What do you use for bait, prawn from the shop i guess. My better half bought me a box for fishing from Lidl and its full of lures and stuff. is any of that useful. I would also need a book of identifying fish as like you I would find some fish hard to spot and worry about their edibility. Even river fishing would be nice. good to take her indoors for some fresh air or a barbie. I think i will have to invest in a small fishing boat when we settle over there.I did a lot of snorkelling for lobster and fish in Australia and the Bahamas.

ken

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 5:22 PM by slacey99 Star rating in Dorset and Duquesa w.... 276 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
slacey99´s avatar
I never thought about a fishing license !!!!, where do you get these from and are they expensive?  I don't suppose my UK license will cover it

Steve

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 6:00 PM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar

Steve

i think they are free I was told on this group but they come on heavy if you dont get one.

ken

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 6:20 PM by Si Star rating in Lincolnshire,sold ou.... 60 posts Send private message

Si´s avatar

Yes prawns worked best for me as a bait... some for me and some for the fish, if its one thing I love about the supermarkets in Spain is the fish counters I'm like a kid in a candy shop!

I found it easy to just fish off the beach with a rucksack and a couple of cool one's you may not catch Jaws but enough for the BBQ. What worked for me was 8lb line size 10 hooks to nylon a sliding bomb with a reasonable size float fishing out around 20mtrs, yes the kit from Lidl will work fine. Also fishing off the Harbour at Duquesa gets great results just look where the locals are fishing!

A licence (not that I had one shsss) is firstly aquired from a tackle shop then you have to fill it out then get it stamped I think at the local police station, not sure on the cost though.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 6:56 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Em,

Don't talk to me about fishing, have you ever seen me trying to play golf???? This is what my hubby says I'm like.....  It's funny because it's true!!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 7:02 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Gina

Im sure that Golf is much more fun played that way .... well lets face it, it couldnt be much LESS fun - i've had more fun having my legs waxed! 

I suppose thats me off your hubbys Xmas card list then

Em x

p.s. i dont really have my legs waxed ... there would be a worldwide wax shortage if i had my legs waxed ... better for all concerned just to cover them up!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 8:43 PM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar
wow if i did that in my duds they would divide into two sections and an embarassing display of particulars would result hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 8:48 PM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar
Waxing legs ???????????????? I can see the bee population of spain diving for cover !!!!!!!!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 8:55 PM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar

Emilia opens new post in the sea fishing section on.......................yes you guessed it folks............... leg waxing.

come on guys, lets have some interaction here...........

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Almunecar Car-boot Sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone, what a useful site - 4 posts
Sports for kids - 5 posts
Order of Things to do - 4 posts
The page will not fit my screen! - 5 posts
Just saying Hi - 3 posts
Cheap Flights To Alicante - 0 posts
Hello from sunny Scarborough - 29 posts
Glad i found this Site!! - 3 posts
Has anyone else lost their forums? - 15 posts
LAS NIETAS, SUCINA - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 2 posts
New Irish - 9 posts
SOLICITOR FEES FOR SETTING UP UTILITY ACCOUNTS Etc - 10 posts
looking for long term rental property in costa del sol - 7 posts
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, EOS! - 43 posts
Calahonda area restaurants - - 5 posts
Your Help please. - 27 posts
Mazarron anyone? - 103 posts
Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x