Car hire Murcia at Easter 2013

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2012 5:33 PM by paddyw Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

I am going to Spain for 24 days spread over March and April 2013 and started to look at car hire using Carjet.  The only options that were given were for Solmar and they were very expensive.  Anyone got any ideas why there is this restricted range of options and why so expensive.

PaddyW

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 8:01 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Have you tried Economy car hire? I have never paid more than £12 a day during peak holiday times.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2012 4:55 PM by paddyw Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Carjet have contacted me to say that their suppliers have not yet supplied their prices and for me to try again In Nov.

PaddyW

Like 0      
25 Sep 2012 6:32 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

I usually find Easter to be one of the most expensive times of the year (after the summer school holidays).

Have you tried Al Andalus car hire? They are my first choice due to their excellent service and no ripoffs whatsover. http://www.alandaluscarhire.com/

The other brokers I use are hirecarsinspain and doyouspain

Good luck.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2012 8:48 PM by grziks Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Most people will search using doyouspain, but if you will be alocated to goldcar be prepare for long queues  at the desk. good luck

Like 0      
26 Sep 2012 12:02 AM by Sparky Star rating in Somerset and Vera. 127 posts Send private message

I would also suggest you try alandalus car hire.  We've used them many times over the last few years and have found them to be excellent.  The service is certainly far better than any others we've used in the past and the prices are good.  We like the full/full on the fuel as we have in the past been ripped off with the charges for fuel on a full/empty system.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2012 10:14 AM by barbarah Star rating in Surrey and Alicante. 15 posts Send private message

barbarah´s avatar

We just booked a good deal through Murcia Airport Travel http://www.murciaairporttravel.com/car-hire/

We tried doyouspain last year but we had a bad experience from start to finish with them. Explains why so many bad reviews online about them.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2012 8:56 PM by paddyw Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

What I find worrying is that a large car hire company like Goldcar has not supplied its prices to the brokers. Easter is not all that far away.  People also starting booking summer cars now as well and they can't book Goldcar.  Has there been any rumours about this company's financial status?

PaddyW

Like 0      
06 Oct 2012 2:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hirecarsinspain are/ were offering Solmar at full/ full from Murcia. Lococar.com is also a good broker where you can see all the available options( full- empty/ half- half/ full- full)

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

PROPERTIES IN CARTAGENA and MURCIA - 0 posts
car hire alicante - 0 posts
I'm looking for a sailboat up to 30000€ to part exchange with a house in Azores, Santa Maria Island - 0 posts
How many days outside of Spain (with residency card)? - 0 posts
Reasonable behaviour? - 18 posts
SCAM E-MAILS - 10 posts
Kia cars - 4 posts
let's slate Monarch too! - 13 posts
A place in the Sun, live! - 1 posts
Has the ECB gone too far and will it be fair with Spain? - 7 posts
Living in Madrid on 1200 E - 2 posts
Moving to alicante - 0 posts
WARNING TO ALL - 31 posts
Interview with the planning councillor of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Can't get residencia status. - 19 posts
changing endesa electricity bill from company name to personal name - 5 posts
Wealth Tax to stay - 0 posts
Those who like to say, 'Rip Off Spain' - 0 posts
Looking for kids for fashionshoot in Almeria - 0 posts
Buying turf in Marbella area - 1 posts
Alicante / Condado del Alhama Taxi/Airport transfer - 1 posts
ADMINISTRATOR QUESTION RE AGM - 3 posts
Is Now The Time to Buy or Sell ?? - 258 posts
Adelson wants 40% of a municipal district for his Eurovegas !! - 0 posts
What is going on with Ryanair in Spain? - 48 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x