let's slate Monarch too!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2012 1:19 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Just out of interest.....other airlines have problems but they don't seem to be splattered all over the forums.........

Here's one................

'Flights to and from Birmingham International Airport were suspended after a plane over-ran the runway as it touched down.

An airport spokeswoman said the front wheels of the plane, Monarch flight ZB467 from Nice, left the runway after it landed. No injuries were reported'

Now can we leave Ryanair alone please.........if you don't like them, shut up and don't fly with them!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 1:27 AM by aly not in spain Star rating in Not far from Torre. 74 posts Send private message

I have commented about this in the Ryanair thread.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 2:09 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Passenger safety shouldn't be compromised by ANY airline, so it's important to establish the facts, report them and then let people make up their own minds. This shouldn't be about slating, it should be about keeping people informed of the facts, no matter how unpaletable they might be. Surely by highlighting the realities, pressure will be on these companies to ensure that they DON'T cut corners through a cost cutting exercise that might place passengers at risk (if that is what's happening).

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 10:41 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

A very poor choice Karensun - Monarch are a highly professional, none of them are perfect, who is, but Monarch come close.

It is silly to pick out one isolated incident, but I guess that's all you've got...with your beloved RyanAir you've got considerably more choice.  You could write a book on their appalling unprofessional behaviour.  I certainly will never fly with RyanAir again - I would rather walk. 

But I would thank you for not belittling Monarch, one of the few airlines that treats it's customers with respect.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 11:27 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

It wasn't actually Monarch but a sub-contracted plane from Aurelia.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 11:40 AM by aly not in spain Star rating in Not far from Torre. 74 posts Send private message

But it's not an isolated incident, there are lots of complaints on the internet about this plane and the airline. Monarch have also been using Italian and Bulgarian companies to fill in the gaps on their expanded routes.

I was seriously concerned that this plane was going to be there when I fly back to Birmingham next week, but having overshot the runway I'm hoping it will still be at Birmingham being looked at by the air investigators. Monarch have said they have 'suspended' their contract with Aurela, but that is not the same as 'cancelled'.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 5:36 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Karensun

this isn't a question of liking or not liking, whether it's Ryanair or Easyjet or BA. It just an issue of saftey and the issue with 

Monach is just as worrying, they should check more carefully before they hire some Lithuanian 737, who knows, maybe they got the pilot chucked for free!:)

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 6:30 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

acer, thank you for your rather rude post.

I am NOT belittling any airline just stating the facts as posted on the internet.

I am sure that all airlines have problems and cope with them ligitimately but only Ryanair gets negative publicity on forums. There is no reason for this and it's not a case of me liking or disliking any airline but I am fed up of the constant 'digging' at Ryanair.

As I said, if you don't like them, don't fly with them, but there is no need to be rude towards me.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 8:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Karensun,

You obviously failed to read my post properly :

1) I would not dream of using RyanAir ever again -  I said I would rather walk.

2) It was you who started this thread by belittling Monarch who are massively more professional than your Irish twerps.

I'm also equally fed up with the "RyanAir in denial" brigade, who seem to have masochistic tendencies.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 11:35 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

acer.......................I have not belittled Monarch.

Ryanair is not mine................' than your Irish twerps'......................so please control your postings.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 10:32 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Karensun,

So far you've called my postings "rude" and that I should "control them".  

I'm unsure about "rude" - probably a matter of opinion, certainly wasn't intended as such.  But my comments are "controlled".  Perhaps it could be that you don't like someone disagreeing with you.  

I've flown with Monarch many times.  They are not perfect but they do try and their culture is the exact opposite of RyanAir.  I had a directly comparable situation involving Priority Boarding/Booked seat - with Monarch they refunded the amount onto my credit card immediately on request, with RyanAir I'm still waiting. 

RyanAir set a bad example in the corporate world - more companies are trying to copy their disgraceful business model of extracting money for bogus reasons.  Do you think this is a good?

But if you make provocative postings headed "Let's slate Monarch too!" what do you expect.  I think it's "rude" to put them in the same article as RyanAir.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2012 2:31 PM by sonia el Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

I had the misfortune to fly Monarch last month Gatwick to Malaga and felt like a sardine.  Being a larger lady I thought that their seat pitch wasn't as generous as Easyjet, my usual choice. Additionally it was a big twin aisled plane and packed which didn't add to the feeling of space.

Monarch also wanted £5.99 for the privilege of booking in on line and of course, the now manadatory, reserving my seat. Travelling alone I didn't both and although there was a large queue at the airport I was dealt with speedily. The actual boarding process seemed to take forever and, despite seat allocation, people were still jostling for position in queues. Why?

I returned via Easyjet and didn't pay for a seat and although the plane was full it didn't feel squashed. I should add that I had an aisle seat both journeys.

I haven't flown Ryanair air for about 10 years and we swore never to do so ever again as it was so horrendous so can't really comment how they are now. 

Like 0      
12 Oct 2012 3:07 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

I'm not going to slate Monarch but I do have one minor gripe which they have never satisfactorily answered.

The thing that gets me is the wide variation in fares dending on the direction one is traveling in... for eample toward the end of Monarchs LGW-GRX-LGW services fares on the outbond leg were around £250 whilst the inbound trip on the same aircraft, same day was only £3!  Both legs on what was a very popular route could virtually guarantee a full lhouse on an A320.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 11:49 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Never would I fly Rudeair again.  I used them once about 10 years ago and that was enough.  There used to be a retired air traffic controller who came on here,  as we had this thread re Ryanair last year and he confirmed what I had said at the time ie they are an accident waiting to happen.  So many complaints in recent years about their safety procedures at various airports.   The major one being their turnaround time is far too short for safety checks to be carried out satisfactorily.   I fly Monarch to Spain and have no complaints whatsoever. 

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A place in the Sun, live! - 1 posts
Has the ECB gone too far and will it be fair with Spain? - 7 posts
Living in Madrid on 1200 E - 2 posts
Moving to alicante - 0 posts
WARNING TO ALL - 31 posts
Interview with the planning councillor of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Can't get residencia status. - 19 posts
changing endesa electricity bill from company name to personal name - 5 posts
Wealth Tax to stay - 0 posts
Those who like to say, 'Rip Off Spain' - 0 posts
Looking for kids for fashionshoot in Almeria - 0 posts
Buying turf in Marbella area - 1 posts
Alicante / Condado del Alhama Taxi/Airport transfer - 1 posts
ADMINISTRATOR QUESTION RE AGM - 3 posts
Is Now The Time to Buy or Sell ?? - 258 posts
Adelson wants 40% of a municipal district for his Eurovegas !! - 0 posts
What is going on with Ryanair in Spain? - 48 posts
CAR INSURANCE SPAIN LINEA DIRECT - 39 posts
Agent advice - 2 posts
Should the UK have adopted the EURO ? - 1 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Renault Megan RX4 - 0 posts
Should my wife get medical cover based on my Social Security or her UK pension - 5 posts
Flat in Marbella! - 1 posts
Furnitire for sale, Costa del Sol - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x