WARNING TO ALL

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2012 1:21 PM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

We bought a Kenwood mixer from Media Markt at the Condo Murcia Dec 2010, after 6 months the switch failed, took it back. 2 months later after several attempts to get it back we eventually did. 8 months on it failed again. back to the store. After 5 emails to Kenwood we managed to get it back today. another 2 months without the mixer. Arrived home. Guess what, a rubber foot missing, unit was covered in dust and food dirt, not ours. The assistant in Media markt didn't give a toss and even tried to retain some of our original paperwork. Total rubbish service and the mixer has spend 4 months in the "service dept;" not even an apology. With so many electrodomecticos shops around including the good Euronics on our doorstep. Its a bikers salute to the crap Spanish ones from now on I think. Out here its possible to pay good money and get totally crap service.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 1:37 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

As i have said before WELCOME TO SPAIN HAVE A NICE DAY

Rod

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 1:38 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

It's much safer to buy things like this off amazon.co.uk and get it shipped to Spain.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 1:41 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Miffed.

I guess at no time did you ask for and complete a complaints form.   Had you done that your story may have had a swifter and happier ending.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 1:45 PM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I frequently do, and Amazon.es.  Excelent service and when I had a problem with an article it was delt with within hours. But Media Markt are only interested in taking your money and running.  If anything goes wrong they are not interested.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 1:47 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Miffed.

I guess at no time did you ask Media Markt for and complete a complaints form.   Had you done that your story may have had a swifter and happier ending.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 1:49 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Media Markt is actually a German company and the largest retailer in Europe for electrical goods. 

So it's 

" a bikers salute to the crap GERMAN ones from now on I think"

I think you were just unlucky. If you want "no questions asked service"  buy at the Corte Ingles. A little more expensive but if it doesn't work they'll just give you a new one.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 1:53 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Miffed.
                   Sorry I did not understand that its was not a local shop.

I will never buy anything except from local retailers.    It will cost a little more but you have a good channel of complaint if they will not put something right.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 2:00 PM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I dont think that I was just unlucky.  I have had a previous problem with M M but gave them the benifit of the doubt.  So now they have blown it.  I have never used the complaints sheet route but I did contact Kenwood who were sympathetic but so far hav not made any offer to rectify the situation.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 3:04 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Miffed.  
                    I don’t know about other jurisdictions but in the UK a buyer has a contract with the seller, thus it is the seller who must rectify problems not the manufactures  (Sale of Goods Act)

Just to make it claear.  Where did you actually buy the appliance?   On line or in a shop in Spain ?

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 3:41 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

http://www.mediamarkt.es/

They have shops all over.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 3:50 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Are you sure that works in Spain, johnzx?  Not questioning it but, after speaking to some Spanish a while back, they seem to work on the premise that if breaks down in the first month you should take it back to the seller.  After that they contact the manufacturer which is why many items have a "Asistencia al Cliente" sticker on them with a contact number.  I noticed this start coming in in the UK as well.  A couple of items I bought (petrol lawn mower, oven etc) had a note saying don't take it back to the shop but ring this number instead.

I know a neighbour whose fridge broke down after 6 months and the local shop (Tien 21) got the manufacturers out to deal with it rather than the shop doing it themselves.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 3:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bob, 
              I did say     "I don’t know about other jurisdictions"  i.e. Spain.

But even in the UK the seller will still try to avoid their responsibilities.

But in UK they don't have the complaints form, which I have found can work wonders, unfortunately, very few foreigners ask for it.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 4:11 PM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

HI, The kenwood was bought in the shop, not online.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 4:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Miffed

I guess at no time did you ask Media Markt for and complete a complaints form.   Had you done that your story may have had a swifter and happier ending.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 4:17 PM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

If I have to hold a gun to the managers head to get something done I would rather not shop there again.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 4:43 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Not asking for the complaints forms is a big mistake by dissatisfied customers.

Every place which deal with the public must have the forms, police ,town hall, hospitals, courts everywhere.

If you ask then quite often the problem will be resolved there and then. 

If it is not then after 10 working days you take the copy to the Consumer’s Office of the town hall and they will chase it for you. 

Not difficult, an excellent facility, which is available to be used  but,  as I said, unfortunate that we don’t use it more often.

I have used the system, either for myself or others, and it has always produced a satisfactory end.

But as then   “One can lead a horse to water …….. “

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 4:53 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

When I wanted a TV, I got the village TV/computer shop to give me a list of prices & models, then I went and compared with Worten (large electical chain of shops, the one in Velez-Malaga).  The village shop was 2 or 3 euros more expensive on one or two models, and 2 or 3 euros cheaper on a few others.  Mostly the same price.  But by supporting the local village shop I am achieving:

(a)  Keeping a local shop in business so it's there for all of us in the future (eg when fuel becomes more expensive);

(b)  Keeping a local family in business so they have money to spend in all the other local shops, thus ensuring that those are all there for us in the future too;

(c)   Rapidly getting a reputation as an extranjero who spends money locally, thus ensuring that I get good service in return;

and (d)  Jose delivered the telly, unpacked it, installed it, tuned it, made sure it worked, made sure I knew how to operate it and the remote, and now asks me every other day in the street if it's all still OK.  Excellent service.  So I then got him to install an antenna, and yesterday bought a Scart cable from him.  Not a massive amount of euros but as has been said by an unmentionable UK retailer "Every little helps".

Had you bought your food mixer from a local shop, they would have replaced it without argument, wanting to keep you happy as a neighbour and potential future customer.  I detest the large chains, and try not to use them whether in the UK or in Spain.  My politics of buying local are perhaps even more important in crisis-hit rural Spain.

So far I've never needed the complaints sheets, but I know how it works if I ever did.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 5:41 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Johnzx

How long does  it usually take for OMIC to resolve your complaint? We took alll necessary forms to our local office at the beginning of July and are still awaiting any information.

Last time I popped in to ask they told us to come back in Sept as "everything closes down in August". Will be calling again next week after my Spanish class.

Jean

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 6:01 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Jean, 

I have never got as far as you have so I can't say.   But I would keep on the case and press them to 'get on with it,'

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Interview with the planning councillor of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Can't get residencia status. - 19 posts
changing endesa electricity bill from company name to personal name - 5 posts
Wealth Tax to stay - 0 posts
Those who like to say, 'Rip Off Spain' - 0 posts
Looking for kids for fashionshoot in Almeria - 0 posts
Buying turf in Marbella area - 1 posts
Alicante / Condado del Alhama Taxi/Airport transfer - 1 posts
ADMINISTRATOR QUESTION RE AGM - 3 posts
Is Now The Time to Buy or Sell ?? - 258 posts
Adelson wants 40% of a municipal district for his Eurovegas !! - 0 posts
What is going on with Ryanair in Spain? - 48 posts
CAR INSURANCE SPAIN LINEA DIRECT - 39 posts
Agent advice - 2 posts
Should the UK have adopted the EURO ? - 1 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Renault Megan RX4 - 0 posts
Should my wife get medical cover based on my Social Security or her UK pension - 5 posts
Flat in Marbella! - 1 posts
Furnitire for sale, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
The new 3 month rule for registering - 5 posts
Planning application in spain - 5 posts
New Passport Procedures - 17 posts
Gas Inspection? - 7 posts
Presidents of communities - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 32

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x