spanish workers going to the uk for work

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2012 4:18 PM by JeanetteCourier Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am the Jeanette Erath that writes in the Courier and was the inspiration for this thread, I just want to say that my point was about all the Spanish going to the UK to look for work, not those just looking for benefits, of which, I imagine would be very few. I have no idea how easy it is to claim in the UK and as I have no plans to leave Spain, hopefully I will never find out. Thanks for reading my column, hope you are still enjoying it. Regards

Like 0      
14 Sep 2012 4:41 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Polite request- please could people use the spellchecker before submitting posts. I know we all make the occasional mistake, or typing error, but some postings read like a foreign language!

Like 0      
14 Sep 2012 4:47 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I think you will find that spelchecker (sp) often has to be an add-on, ie my deliberate mistake on this site via Firefox!  Lots of users would not be aware of this so lighten up please.  Where are the spelling mistakes?  I can't seem to see any,  in any event.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
15 Sep 2012 4:44 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Foxilady- just scroll through a few of the threads on EOS. I wish I had a euro for every howler-I know it doesn't really matter in the great scheme of things, but it is irritating, and also fascinating to see the various versions of everyday words.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2012 5:04 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

This is probably a sign of the times we live in ie spelling isn't such a rigid a requirement in the state system anymore it would seem.  I continually meet people with Englsh degrees and they can't spell!  I am dumfounded by this and continually observe this nonsense.  I remember once back  around 2001 I advertised for a secretary/personal assistant,  and I interviewed over 20 applicants, with the emphasise on spelling as this was  obviously a huge part of the job.  Only 2 out of over 20 applicants passed the spelling test.  I kid you not.  And what was even more perplexing was the agencies that sent these women expressed anger towards me because I had emphasised this was a pivotal requirement for the position!!!!!!!!!  You couldn't make this nonsense up could you?  So point taken campo.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2012 6:10 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Dumbfounded

With the emphasis on spelling

Don't you just love it when that happens? 

Like 0      
15 Sep 2012 6:16 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

hahahahah believe it or not 2 keys stick on my laptop b and n!  so i didn't spot that - i need to get other half to sort this.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted long term rental in Chiclana de la Frontera - 0 posts
How safe is our money and property? - 2 posts
getting some of my money back - 3 posts
Good Luck and Best Wishes................................ - 1 posts
Coefficient Voting - 9 posts
N.I.E. - 16 posts
AND HERE YOU HAVE IT - 4 posts
Must we file again in June on rental income in previous year? - 2 posts
What role UK played in spanish bubble? - 19 posts
Tax Return Help & Deregister in UK - 3 posts
Help with Viat - 5 posts
new member - 5 posts
PVC 3Mtr diameter Pool in AKI hardware - 1 posts
A huge thank you to Maria and her team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 2 posts
The future for ex pats - 74 posts
Internet and lines for everyone no matter where you are - 4 posts
Swap / part exchange - 2 posts
Honda 5.5HP Engined Petrol Lawn Mower - 1 posts
Range Rover Thule Roof Bars - 0 posts
2 Ikea Loft Beds For Sale - 0 posts
catching crays - 0 posts
Ole Internet in Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
BMI BABY Demise - 2 posts
Moving to rural Spain. - 5 posts
Electricity Supply - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 47

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x