Help with Viat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 May 2012 5:28 PM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

We have a Viat transponder with Banco Popular which we have had for 5/6 years with no problems. We had planned to get one from Santander as we also have an account with them. I was told this am that Santander charge 60€ a year for their transponder!!!!
Does anyone know if there is another way to get them? or are they all tied up with the banks. Banco Popular were brilliant in the north east of Spain but unfortunately we can not say the same for the Jerez branch (Plaza de Caballo) I want to close this account but then we will have to start again with Santander whose Viat charges seem extortionate to us.

Like 0      
18 May 2012 8:48 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

You certainly shouldn't have to pay anything every year.

We are with CajaMar and I think we paid €30 for the device and pay nothing on a yearly basis.

Maybe forget Santander and take your money elsewhere.  It sounds like they are trying it on.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
18 May 2012 10:43 PM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Thank you so much for your advice. We are now with Santander who have been great "so far" but Banco Popular Adalucia have been useless, shame as they were superb in Benicarlo, Castellon Province. However we have no intention of paying 60€ a year to Santander. Fortunately around Seville there is only one toll motorway just south of Seville and when driving back via France from here we only hit the tolls just before the French border. I will however discuss the transponder with the main branch of Santander in Jerez, as sure my Hipacor branch are way off mark or out of their depth!

Like 0      
19 May 2012 1:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

We are with Barclays and I'm sure we don't have an annual charge.  We just had the initial charge for the unit and then the monthly debit, according to usage.

Like 0      
19 May 2012 8:46 AM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Thank you for Barclay's info.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2012 6:04 PM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

A slight change in direction, but you can now get the French motorways transponder if you drive through France regularly. A subsidiary or Sanef in Harrogate provide them and were very efficient when we got ours through them. Of course one needs a
UK bank account to pay for the tolls but we found it great over the last 2 weeks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new member - 5 posts
PVC 3Mtr diameter Pool in AKI hardware - 1 posts
A huge thank you to Maria and her team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 2 posts
The future for ex pats - 74 posts
Internet and lines for everyone no matter where you are - 4 posts
Swap / part exchange - 2 posts
Honda 5.5HP Engined Petrol Lawn Mower - 1 posts
Range Rover Thule Roof Bars - 0 posts
2 Ikea Loft Beds For Sale - 0 posts
catching crays - 0 posts
Ole Internet in Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
BMI BABY Demise - 2 posts
Moving to rural Spain. - 5 posts
Electricity Supply - 3 posts
Juzgado de Estepona - 9 posts
Eye on Spain property for sale - 13 posts
Legal tip 758. More Case Law on Bank´s liabilities for off plan refunds 15 May 2012 - 7 posts
Kindle wanted - 1 posts
Not much time left on my British passport - 4 posts
Looking at a move. - 1 posts
park home swap for narrowboat - 0 posts
Auriga Crown- San Javier - 4 posts
60ft Narrowboat - Spanish Home Swap - 2 posts
Euro predictions - 13 posts
Bringing Uk car to spain - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x