So how many of you are learning to speak Spanish?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2007 6:46 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I think she went out for the day - lucky lady! So we are safe for a while anyway. Its certainly quiet in here - been no one for a couple of hours.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 9:31 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 11:09 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
OOOH you know me so well - my favourite game as long as I have a partner to hide with - hold on is that sardines?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 11:10 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
?Que?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 2:25 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi everybody    We can see most people are making the effort to learn Spanish as for most people its really hard going ( I think its the brain as you get older) on our trips to Spain for holidays we mostly stay in areas that are very Spanish with a small mix of other countrys also so it makes you try that bit harder when shopping  etc , one way of leaning is to watch Spanish TV or the radio its amazing how much you pick up by watching the TV  we even have Spanish TV here in the Uk and watch the news almost every day we know more about whats happening in Spain then many of our friends who live in Spain as they only watch sky tv , the Spanish newspapers are good also, the main problem I expect we all find If you say somethink in Spanish they Fire the answer back mostly like machine gun fire but some will slow down,the other problem is dialects some areas they cut the words in half  or change it completely, but its all good fun .   adios Rosi n

Like 0      
14 Aug 2007 8:03 PM by jamesellisllb Star rating in Newcastle upon Tyne. 35 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I've found a great website where you can watch t.v. from around the world for free.

There are eighty odd channels from Spain itself as well as t.v. from many other Spanish speaking countries.

An excellent way to pick up the lingo.

Check it out - www.wwitv.com

Like 0      
21 Aug 2007 5:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The importance of learning a foreign language..............

This message was last edited by Roberto on 8/21/2007.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Aug 2007 6:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Seen that before Roberto & thought how funny it was then, too.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2007 1:56 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It can sound funny, but just an initial effort to learn our language is enough to consider you one of us! Yes, we do appreciate when you try to speak spanish as a sign of respect and good attitude towards us and our culture.

I am sure that  will bring  integration and friends to you. And in general we are not " purist" and admitt many variants or versions of our idiom :)

Try!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Aug 2007 9:25 AM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

Hi Roberto,

that clip just made me laugh so much-I work with a German Doctor and I immediately thought of him,thats just the sort of things he comes away with.Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2007 6:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Oh dear, now you've got me going...............sorry for this one

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Aug 2007 7:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Roberto, that was (again) friggin' hilarious.

Now, what's Spanish for water ?

Like 0      
27 Aug 2007 6:54 PM by jamesellisllb Star rating in Newcastle upon Tyne. 35 posts Send private message

I read Sur In English on line each week to keep up to date with whats happening on the CDS.

This week they have an excellent series of articles offering hints and tips on learning the language.

There is also some very useful information on Spanish customs and lifestyle.

Check it out at http://www.surinenglish.com/areas.php?Area=Spanish%20language%20and%20customs%20by%20Liz%20Parry

This message was last edited by jamesellisllb on 8/27/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Undeclared land - 5 posts
Christmas Lunch - Murcia area - 0 posts
Christmas Dinner Costa del Sol? - 3 posts
Resort Membership - 3 posts
Playa Flamenca/Punta Prima - Costa Blanca - 7 posts
undersized apartments - 3 posts
Where do we start! - 3 posts
Tell me about the Bank Holidays in December - 6 posts
Mortgages - 1 posts
Electrical Goods - 15 posts
Pedro1952 - 1 posts
selling new build property in vera almeria. - 4 posts
Fun and Frolica at The Notary Public - 0 posts
Spanish Property Bureau S.L. - 4 posts
Anyone need a builder on the CDS? - 7 posts
coral level2 - 0 posts
Do you need any assistance with your property on the Costa del Sol, new or old? - 2 posts
Disneyland - 46 posts
mortgages - 10 posts
Property owned by Spanish SL - 4 posts
Bank Valuations - 10 posts
wanted, any info on calpe,altea area - 3 posts
From North to South - 3 posts
roda golf - 1 posts
le heredia - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 73

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x