SGR TO REFUND DEPOSITS FOR BUYERS OF SAN JOSE INVERSIONES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by Guadalupe. Lawyer Star rating. 261 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Finally we have had access to extremely relevant information about “San Jose Inversiones y Proyectos Urbanísticos”, which was being covered up to now.

San Jose and the Financing Entity SOCIEDAD DE GARANTIA RECIPROCA (SGR) signed a “generic” Bank Guarantee policy, with no specifications about for which resort was released the guarantee. In fact SGR issued bank guarantees not only for buyers of the development “El Pinet”, but also for buyers of “Playa Golf”. This means that SGR and the builder decided arbitrarily which deposits were covered and which weren’t.

The existence of this “generic” policy entitles any buyer who bought in one of the “San Jose Inversiones y Proyectos Urbanísticos” to claim SGR liability, even if the individual Bank Guarantee wasn’t given to him/her, pursuant to the article 1.2 of the Act 57/1968.

San Jose’s Meeting of Creditors is almost complete, because the Agreement with the creditors was recently approved. But this is not an obstacle for the buyers to bring an action against SGR and claim for the refund of their deposits. You can find further information about the grounds of the case on this blog (post banks’ liability to refund deposits to buyers).

Like 0      
28 Mar 2011 9:50 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, the existence of the Guarantees make the claim completely independent to the unsolvent status of the company and if there was no Bank Guarantee in place, as very rightly my colleague Guadalupe has just posted, there are liabilitied against the Banks which received the deposits out of provision 1.2 of Law 57/68

Good that more lawyers are using 1.2 of Law 57/68

PLease keep us posted on your results Guadalupe!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Apr 2011 9:01 PM by nweatherall210 Star rating in Scunthorpe, England .... 74 posts Send private message

nweatherall210´s avatar

I have now heard back from Guadalupe @ GM Legal and she has asked me to post the following note on the forum as she is having trouble with her EOS account.

Our deposit contracts are for the Herrada Del Tollo development at Santa Ana \ Jumilla but I'm sure the same hold true for the San Jose Inversiones developments.

The news is very positive and GM Legal are now commencing a Class action for all interested parties. I have also had a second opinion from Maria De Castro who has advised of a similar view, and she has posted the same on several community development forums.

Obviously taking furtther legal action is very much up to you guys as individuals to consider , but for us this is the best positive news we have had in two years, & for people without specific Bank guarantees I personally think its got to be worth a try.

Guadalupes email  below : >>>>>>>>>

About the low cast class action grounds:

A generic bank guarantee is an agreement signed between the Bank and the Developer, in which the Bank agrees to deliver bank guarantees for the deposits paid to the builder, and the developer accepts to refund the Bank the amounts covered by the guarantees if he breaches the contracts. The generic guarantee can specify which development (or phases of a development)are covered, or even settle a limit for the amount of deposits covered. So basically is a document where the Bank commits to give a bank guarantee for every deposit paid to the developer by buyers. This means that no individual guarantees are given unless a generic guarantees has been previously signed between the builder and the Bank.

It seems that the generic guarantees signed between DHT and SGR doesn’t include any reference about which developments are covered, the guarantee is extended to any deposit pay for any resort. You have to bear in mind that SGR provided guarantees for several buyers of HDT in Santa Ana, whose contracts were exactly like yours and paid to the same BBVA account, under the provisions of the generic guarantee. So there is one thing we can assure: the generic guarantee covers the resort Santa Ana del Monte, because individual guarantees wouldn’t have been given to buyers otherwise.

The generic guarantee made by SGR settles a maximum amount limit, 65 millions of euros, and when they get opposite to my claim they will probably allege that the maximum amount has already been reached, so they are no longer liable. My opinion is that the “amount limit” is against the provision of the 57/68 Act. SGR is a financial entity, but they just provide financing and not banking services (accounts, etc). So the fact that the deposits were not credited in a SGR’s account is not relevant, because SGR does not provide banking services. Therefore, SGR and DHT did not follow any criteria to decide which deposits paid for Santa Ana were guaranteed, and which weren’t. It was just an arbitrary decision. Consequently, SGR’s liability could be claimed,  as long as the art. 1st of the 57/68 Act states that bank guarantees must be delivered to every buyer of an off plan development and the bank must control if guarantees are given to buyers, and the art. 7th states that the rights established by the law can’t be waived. If their excuse is that the deposits were not paid to them because they don’t provide banking services, they should have established additional control systems to make sure that every buyer  got an individual guarantee.

Before bring a civil action against SGR, I will file a preliminary enquiry, to request them a copy of the generic guarantee (general and particular conditions) and to make sure that any if my clients is the holder of an individual bank guarantee which wasn’t given to him (please note that Banks are forced by the law the keep copies of every individual bank guarantee given). As explained on my post, what we have now is a certificate signed by SGR, and also an email from HDT which confirms that the generic guarantee is not for an specific development or phase. Even we will probably find that on the particular conditions of the generic guarantee is established that SGR will provide guarantees for the deposits paid on the BBVA account  hold by HDT mentioned on the purchase contracts.

As many buyers seems to be interested, we can bring a class action. To make everybody possible to join this action, the provisions of funds requested by GM will be just € 700 (instead of the standard €1,500).

Please let me know whether you are interested on joining the action.

End.

For those interested her contact email is : guadalupe@gmlegalexperts.com and web address is www.gmlegalexperts.com .

Like 0      
04 Apr 2011 10:03 PM by Laird Dave of Lochaber Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 180 posts Send private message

Good Positve news Nigel, best of luck to you and everyone else.

Dave & Linda

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 12:47 PM by stecko Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi All , Is this Another Act To Extract More Money From Impoverished Investors  Like me who Put Deposit On Apt . In jumillo Golf ? What did The People Who gave 2.5 Thousandto Solicitors Get , ? Answer ,they Got absolutely Nothing , Or maybe at best they got a receipt fot their Money from solicitors !!!.                               NOW WHY Does SOMEBODY NOT tel us whether or Not  The poeple that Signed A new agreement Like me to Allow the SAN Josey/HDT companies to come out of Administration whether  or not are still eligable for refunds as we had in our ignorance at the time NO OPTION but to sign the NEW AGREEMENYT or loose Everything.  IN other words Can we Now Claim  our Compensation Including 6 Percent Plus Legal Costs whish the Spanish law states , I patiently await YourReply , MICHAEL GREHAN

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 3:31 PM by nweatherall210 Star rating in Scunthorpe, England .... 74 posts Send private message

nweatherall210´s avatar

Doesn't seem to be a scam this time around..

There are now 10 of us who have started a class action against the Spanish banks to reclaim our deposits using the Spanish law 57/68, there has been a couple of (what we believe to be) quite landmark cases using the same law.

If you  need to catch up there are acouple of other decent threads that will hopefully give you al the infromation you need , but the best person to explain the details is our Solicitor Guadalupe from GM Legal.

All the best.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2011 7:56 PM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

Michael and Nigel

An appeal to you both.

Since this is a Bank Guarantee problem please, if you haven’t done so already, go to these websites and add your names to these two petitions. 

The aim of Keith Rule’s survey/petition

is to collect hard evidence to present to the UK and Spanish Governments, the European Parliament and other statutory bodies to show the scale and depth of the BG problem which is being denied by Spanish officials and not taken seriously enough by our own.  It is a really important survey because the statistics that it will provide cannot be argued with.  It will add fuel for those in the European Parliament who are doing their level best for us, Michael Cashman, Roger Helmer, Marta Andreason, Margrete Auken and others.

My web-petition

is designed to express our outrage at the arrogance, the hubris, shown by the Spanish government in sending two of its Ministers around Europe acting as estate agents in an attempt to sell off property when, not only have they not put the wrongs committed by the industry as a whole to rights, they show no intention of doing so.  I ask only for your names (and email addresses which will not be made public) and there is space for your comments if you wish.  It is a short-lived petition and will be closed once the Road Shows are ended. 

So please, add your names to both these petitions and ask other members of your group to add theirs.  Thank you.

ruth

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Left Hand Drive Transit/Movano High Top Wanted. - 0 posts
la Napoletana Ristorante italiano benimar 2 - 3 posts
Just to provide some light relief - 1 posts
Embargo Diputacion De Cadiz - 2 posts
JG - 1 posts
Reactalite glasses - 10 posts
community fees - 2 posts
Good mortgage broker Estepona/Casares/Manilva area - 2 posts
Watch, Laugh and Learn... - 0 posts
lights - 1 posts
2 single beds 1 double bed unused with head boards and matching bed side tables - 0 posts
Lo Crispin, Algorfa ... finally a bar has opened in the large EMPTY commercials! - 8 posts
unused brown leather 3 seater sofa and matching leather bucket chair - 1 posts
What is happening with AIFOS ? ? - 36 posts
Any thoughts on the Paramount Resort coming to Murcia-plans released yesterday. - 8 posts
CHEAP FLIGHTS - 1 posts
Problem with BBC News via internet - 21 posts
Clocks go forward this weekend.... - 2 posts
Dell netbook 120 euro´s ONO - 3 posts
Counting Our Blessings! - 9 posts
Just one small problem! - 1 posts
What to do! - 5 posts
Still happy you bet I am - 6 posts
Palmera Properties - 59 posts
HOW TO STOP CATS DOING THEIR BUSINESS IN YOUR GARDEN - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x