JG

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by JGasper Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

What can be done if the Spanish authorities refuse to connect a home to the water mains?

To me this seems outrageous.

A friend of mine has been living in Ugijar for some years now and when they bought their little house it did have a water supply. But they did not move in at once as they were having a kitchen installed etc. Meanwhile no water meter reading  was submitted  because no water was used. Unfortunately just before they moved in, in August 2008, the water company - or local authority whoever it is - came and dug up the water pipes thus disconnecting the house permanently. They have to walk into the village twice a day just to get water. Whenever they apply for re-connection they are told there is a long waiting list. They cannot afford to pay bribes or lawyers. They can't sell the house now because it hasn't got a water supply!

I suspect they are being victimized as foreigners.

It;s an awful slog for them just getting the daily water for themselves and their cats and dogs. Impossible to have a garden without mains water.

Can anybody suggest who they can turn to and what they could do now?

PS On the subject of cockroaches, I see several people have posted queries. When we lived in Greece we found they were a problem and the best solution was to get a cat! 

Like 0      
28 Mar 2011 12:03 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Is there anywhere to put a water tank outside and have the water delivered by tanker? Where we used to live in the mountains most properties relied on the water tanker as they were too remote to be connected to the mains.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reactalite glasses - 10 posts
community fees - 2 posts
Good mortgage broker Estepona/Casares/Manilva area - 2 posts
Watch, Laugh and Learn... - 0 posts
lights - 1 posts
2 single beds 1 double bed unused with head boards and matching bed side tables - 0 posts
Lo Crispin, Algorfa ... finally a bar has opened in the large EMPTY commercials! - 8 posts
unused brown leather 3 seater sofa and matching leather bucket chair - 1 posts
What is happening with AIFOS ? ? - 36 posts
Any thoughts on the Paramount Resort coming to Murcia-plans released yesterday. - 8 posts
CHEAP FLIGHTS - 1 posts
Problem with BBC News via internet - 21 posts
Clocks go forward this weekend.... - 2 posts
Dell netbook 120 euro´s ONO - 3 posts
Counting Our Blessings! - 9 posts
Just one small problem! - 1 posts
What to do! - 5 posts
Still happy you bet I am - 6 posts
Palmera Properties - 59 posts
HOW TO STOP CATS DOING THEIR BUSINESS IN YOUR GARDEN - 13 posts
Inland Minimarket for sale - 0 posts
Negative Equity & Repossesion - 0 posts
Endesa Price List - 0 posts
help with the car hire - 2 posts
Court Summons - Cedula de Citacion - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x