NEW Murcia Airport

Murcia Airport Car Hire
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2007 12:00 AM by nerak3010 Star rating in Bracknell/was Finca .... 52 posts Send private message

nerak3010´s avatar

Hi all,

Just wondered if anybody knows when the "new"international airport is opening in Murcia?

Like 0      
12 May 2007 2:11 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi

I believe that it will be in Corvera and it's due to open 2008.

Regards

Irene

Like 0      
12 May 2007 2:57 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi

I understand that they have only just awarded the contract and it will take at least 2 years to develop the aiport, which will be in Corvera.  The opening date is likely to be the end of 2009 or maybe even 2010.  I have searched a few websites to get the latest news on it as some websites are still talking about 2008!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
12 May 2007 4:05 PM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

When we were over in March our agent was talking about late 2009.

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
12 May 2007 7:57 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Well only time will tell. With the 'manana' culture it may not even be within our lifetime. The Sagrada Familia is a shining example, but I do love the Spanish!!!!!!!

Irene

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 11:21 PM by Sharron W Star rating in Sutton Coldfield, We.... 152 posts Send private message

Sharron W´s avatar

When I was out last week, I was advised the new airport will only be for long haul international flights and therefore, this will not benefit us as an extra airport for our 2hr hops.  Murcia are currently finishing off adding another runway and Alicante are also expanding !!

Regards

Sharron

This message was last edited by Sharron W on 6/6/2007.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 4:50 AM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

There  is a topic running at the moment on the new airport at Corvera

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPosts.aspx?thread=1065&dev=FB26&name=corveraairport

This message was last edited by davey on 6/7/2007.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 7:12 PM by Recardo Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Hi All,

I have read that the new airport is due for completion in early 09.  This is at the same time that the Malvas are due for completion (my contract R-19).  The new high spead rail link is also due to complete then. 

The new airport will be 30 mins from jumilla, and Ryan Air & others are putting in their tenders.  It appears that the spanish Air force shares Alicante airport so there is limited trafic aloud.

The new airport will be local to SADM and all other areas, which will make it easer for us to travel.   was told there will also be a local rail station to SADAM, so the coast will only be minutes away instead or 1 hr drive, or will be able to travel to Madrid.

This is not gospel it's what i have been told and what i have read.  Maybe others have heard the same, if so speak up.  It's this infrostructure that will make the place a winner (my opinion).

Recardo

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 7:16 PM by Recardo Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Hi All,

I have read that the new airport is due for completion in early 09.  This is at the same time that the Malvas are due for completion (my contract R-19).  The new high spead rail link is also due to complete then. 

The new airport will be 30 mins from jumilla, and Ryan Air & others are putting in their tenders.  It appears that the spanish Air force shares Alicante airport so there is limited trafic aloud.

The new airport will be local to SADM and all other areas, which will make it easer for us to travel.   was told there will also be a local rail station to SADAM, so the coast will only be minutes away instead or 1 hr drive, or will be able to travel to Madrid.

This is not gospel it's what i have been told and what i have read.  Maybe others have heard the same, if so speak up.  It's this infrostructure that will make the place a winner (my opinion).

Recardo

Like 0      
16 Jun 2007 6:57 PM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

I've probably said this before on another thread- if so apologies- during our inspection visit our two agents spoke about the convenience of the new airport for their Murica resorts and one developer plans a shuttle bus service. That then suggests their expectation that the new airport  will be a big positive for developments in the region, particulalry for owners/visitors who have short breaks in mind- golf weekends etc. General searches on the 'net suggest lots of improved transport links for the region as well. 

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
18 Jun 2007 8:16 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Recardo

Did you mean that there are plans to build a new rail station near SADM?  The nearest ones at the moment are Estacion Blanca, Cieza and Villena.  As John and I don't drive, it will be great if there is a station nearby that gets us to the coast quite quickly.  We know about the planned high-speed rail link to Madrid and are hoping to spend occasional weekends there when we move to Spain permanently!  We are hoping that there will be a regular bus between Murcia city and the new airport, as once you get to Murcia there are plenty of buses to various places, including Jumilla.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
19 Jun 2007 8:52 AM by Recardo Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Hi Sue,

I was told on my inspection trip that there would be a local station to serve SADM. As this will allow fast travel to the coast as well as inland, it should make this a desireable area.  Along with the airport and new roads, I can only see the value of our properties soar.

Recardo

Like 0      
19 Jun 2007 10:00 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Recardo

We are planning to go to Hampton Court Golf Club on Saturday, as we have been told San Jose will be there all day.  I will ask them about the new Murcia airport, the new rail station and lots of other things!  Hopefully they will know the latest timescales for the new airport.  If so, I will post to this thread so everyone knows.

Sue

This message was last edited by suemac on 6/19/2007.

Sue Walker

Like 0      
28 Jun 2007 3:06 PM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar

Translated extract from the article in la economia.  The map is clearer that others I have seen.  The dotted blue lines are the planned access roads to the airport.  Included in the plans are areas for future expansion (109 hectares).  Corvera airport is to be midway between Murcia and Cartagena.

"The proximity of San Javier (airport) has influenced the orientation of the runway to be built at Corvera as it has to be parallel to the one at the Mar Menor airport so that the planes from the two don't cross paths.  The planes will have to fly over the hundreds of properties in the Haienda del Álamo urbanisation ...."

http://www.laeconomia.com/noticia.asp?id=439&numero=90#top

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 1:48 PM by topman Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have seen the final plans. The runway is between Corvera golf 4.5km, haciencdo del alamo 3.5km, los martinez 2.3km and valledolosises 1.5km. Landins will generlally be over Los Martinez. The runway faces South West and the take off route is directly over Haciendo Del Alamo. The runway is 3km long and the airport is a 24 hour operation and should open in2010. Easyjet and Ryan air have already applied to have routes there.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 6:30 PM by ajw Star rating in Aberdeen. 1088 posts Send private message

ajw´s avatar
What's the odds on Polaris World operating their own flights in and out of Corvera??????  They seem to be ubiquitous in the Murcia region - even the manhole covers in the resorts are stamped 'Polaris World' - it's bizarre.  Like Stepford.  Fun though.

www.alhamagolfapartment.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Sep 2007 8:35 AM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

Has any work actually started yet?

Have just been through a load of web sites all saying work to start Feb 07.

Think I have it sussed now though.

Work to start on 7th February, but which year?

Mike

Like 0      
17 Oct 2007 4:56 PM by ajw Star rating in Aberdeen. 1088 posts Send private message

ajw´s avatar
Am also wondering if anyone has actually seen any earthmoving equipment etc at the proposed Corvera airport site.  Maybe we have all been duped!!??  Any info gratefully received.  Thanks

www.alhamagolfapartment.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Oct 2007 6:34 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

Government Compulsory Purchases Land:

The regional government has begun to compulsorily purchase 300 hectares of land needed for the project of the international airport at Corvera to go ahead. The land, which is located in Murcia around the villages of Corvera, Valladolises and Los Martinez del Puerto, will be bought by the local government at market value.

The General Secretary for public works, Jose Maria Bernabe, stated, “The compulsory purchasing will be completed by the end of October, which will allow the construction project to start at the beginning of November.” The costa calida informer.

Dave

Like 0      
17 Oct 2007 6:43 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

You'll note it doesn't say which year

Mike

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car rental - 62 posts
Dont Panic - 69 posts
Paths on our complex - 1 posts
Missing Posting - Janice (Jeansis) - 3 posts
Maddie - 2 posts
aguas nuevas altos del sol - 1 posts
Bristol to Paris with Air France just launched from 11th June. - 0 posts
UK Estate Agents! - 8 posts
jet ski for sale. - 1 posts
How to buy property in Spain - 2 posts
Any Electricians (or Electricistas) On The Forum? - 11 posts
snagging - 8 posts
Transporting Pets to Spain - 14 posts
Licences - 6 posts
Crazy or wot ?? - 2 posts
Miraflores contact? - 0 posts
Where can I keep a jet ski? - 13 posts
parador properties entregolf area - 3 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL ELVIRIA DISTRICT - 0 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 1 posts
Macro - 9 posts
Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal - 136 posts
Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 96

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x