Licences

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 May 2007 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Not sure which section this goes under.

Could anyone tell me please how long it takes to get minor works licences through?

Replacement windows, damp treatment, painting and new kitchen units and bathroom units.

No expansion of the original building.

Ta

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 May 2007 7:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Depends on your town hall. Go to the "urbanismo" dept. and ask. I recently got a "licencia de obras menores" from Torremolinos town hall - much the same kind of stuff you're planning. Took about a week. You'll probably have to complete a form detailing the work planned, plus an estimate of the cost. Put down as small a figure as you think you can reasonably get away with (minimum cost of materials - no labour cost because you're doing it yourself, right?) because you will be charged a percentage of the estimate. I paid €67. Don't forget, if you need a skip, you will need separate permission from the "vias publicas" to put it on the road, and you'll probably be told you have to remove it at weekends.

Hope this helps.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 May 2007 9:39 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Roberto.

We have a Spanish bloke doing that for us and we were told that it would be 3% of material costs for the licence.

I didn't realise it was that quick.

It's inland costa blanca area.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 May 2007 11:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

That was how long it took for mine - but it will really depend on your town hall. Only way to be sure is to ask. And don't be afraid to hassle them a bit, or tell your Spanish mate to do so. There was a thread where I posted my own experience http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPosts.aspx?thread=386&dev=FB11&name=General+chit+chat It went a little off topic at times, so you'll have to trawl through a lot of chit chat, but you may find it interesting.

Best of luck with yours!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 May 2007 8:16 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Roberto. interesting reading.

Our house isn't on an urbanisation and has an acre of land to put skip and rubbish on and so there shouldn't be a problem there.

The locals say there is no problem in obtaining the licence and we just need the written details of work and material costs for the town hall.

I also found it interesting that people often start work as soon as the licences are applied for. Would this be very risky?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
11 May 2007 1:44 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Oh and it's classed as urban on  the register,  not rural. Although it's a finca.

Laury

Like 0      
11 May 2007 6:24 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

At the urbanismo desk in our town hall, there's a big sign up (in Spanish) that says "the application for permission is NOT the permission, you must not commence work until permission is granted", and I guess it's safe to assume that is true wherever you are. HOWEVER.......as you no doubt read on the other thread, I am working in a very fussy community - your circumstances are different, and when in Rome.....I think as long as you are not bothering any neighbours with your power tools at 6am, you probably shouldn't worry too much. Then again, if you get your permit as quick as I did, you'll probably still be sitting on the patio, sangria in hand, contemplating getting stuck in, but thinking, this is Spain, why do today what I can reasonably put off until tomorrow?

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Crazy or wot ?? - 2 posts
Miraflores contact? - 0 posts
Where can I keep a jet ski? - 13 posts
parador properties entregolf area - 3 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL ELVIRIA DISTRICT - 0 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 1 posts
Macro - 9 posts
Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal - 136 posts
Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Breakdown cover AA,? Green Flag ? or a good Spainish one...... - 3 posts
Spanish Sweepstake Scam - 0 posts
Check your bills - 3 posts
Premier Marbella International - 0 posts
Villas & Views has any one used them? - 0 posts
Gillespie where are you? - 4 posts
Wanted17"or 19" Computer Monitor CRT or LCD - 2 posts
New To Dream Hills 2 Area - looking for a few tips! - 2 posts
Commuting from the UK.....anyone doing it? - 7 posts
For Emma - 2 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 0 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 4 posts
nursing in spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x