Envious future owners at torre alcantara vincent & brona

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2007 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We've just incorporated our new module to allow for email confirmation when someone replies to a thread that you are watching.

When you go to post a reply now you will see an option to receive email notification or not.

We'll run with it on parts of the forum to make sue it works ok for a few days then roll it out fully, but if anyone has any comments about the facility then please leave them here.

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 May 2007 4:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
04 May 2007 5:40 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Ah yes....better sort that out!!  Whoops

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 May 2007 6:20 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I think this is fixed now...

Like 0      
04 May 2007 7:45 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Wow, this has proved to be a real headache to set up!

Some of you may have receive multiple emails whilst we were running this today....SORRY!  It won't happen again.

Please let me know if you experience any problems with it.

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
05 May 2007 9:24 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

07 May 2007 6:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
UPDATE:

We have just implemented a feature whereby you can now receive email notification of replies to a thread even if you don't actually post on it.

Just click the "Email me......" link beside the reply button above. And that's it.  You can stop receiving emails at any time by either not clicking the link in the email that you receive or clicking the link above which will change to "Stop receiving....." if you are already subscribed for email notification.

Not sure if any of that makes any sense but I'm tired and need go home now!

Justin

Like 0      
07 May 2007 7:15 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Well done, Justin!!  Great facility - when are you rolling it out to the Development Threads?  Nothing but praise your way for this excellent site and all the work you've put into it!

Now!!!  I received PM today from an EOS member, mentioning a PM I had sent and I thought "which one was that" because, without copying and pasting my text to somewhere, I can't record what PMs I have sent. 

When, please, are we going to be able to record all the PMs we send!!???  I know you have over 15,000 (DID WE CELEBRATE THAT, BY THE WAY!) registered members and you are extremely busy, but it would be so helpful to just have a "copy me on this" button on the PM facility.

Pleeeaase???   What do you think???

Like 0      
07 May 2007 8:17 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Justin, how hard you have worked!!  And I'm not here to complain but ......

Maybe it's because of where I am based ( don't think so though!), but it can take a long time for the email notification to be received about someone posting on a particular thread you have asked to be notified about.  Whilst for those who only check in now and again, it's not really an issue, but for those who are online quite a bit, it's a little superfluous!!  Not saying that it's a bad idea, but just pointing out the obvious.

But that's not really the problem - after being told somebody has responded in a thread that I want to be advised of, the link just takes me to the EOS log in page!!  So then I have to look through the threads to find which one they're talking about!  In the meantime, people may have posted to ten different threads so I don't know which one the response is to, especially if I haven't subscribed to  some.  I may have posted to many different threads and have to trawl through them all to find out what the responses are!!

Am I being really petty or what!?  Certainly don't want to make any more work for you!!  But it would seem a better option to put the link to the actual thread response, if possible, than just to the log in page.  Then members are taken direct to the threads they have asked to be notified about in the event of a post! 

Am I waffling???

Am I making sense???

Would appreciate a little clarification, please.

Thanks!!

Like 0      
07 May 2007 8:45 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Jan

Thanks for the nice comments.  We have just made it live for the development message boards too, although it will be a bit clunky for the next 24 hours or so as we iron out bugs.

The proper private messag facility should also be ready this week, we've nearly finished it.

Hold on tight....lots of changes coming!

Justn

Like 0      
08 May 2007 8:28 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Jan, what we have done is set up the notification program to run evey 5 minutes.  It's runs separately to the main site so as no to slow it down, as email sending is generally a slow process.

So the maximum wait to receive an email notification is 5 minutes.  Are you finding that it's more than this?

The link in the email DOES take you direct to the thread that you are watching.  For the general forum it should take you the actual thread in the general forum, which is in the public part of the site, so no log in required.  If it's for the development forums then as these are only in the members area then you have to be logged in for it and then the link should take you direct to the thread that you are watching.

Is this not happening for you?  Anyone else having this problem?

Jan, what browser are you using by the way?

Justin

Like 0      
08 May 2007 8:57 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Justin, I don't know what happened, but I checked it over and over yesterday and the email links took me to the home page (I'm always logged in, so didn't mean that I had to actually log in).

I have now just tried the links again and they ARE taking me to the individual threads! 

I did mention before that playing golf in 40°c addles my brain - and I played yesterday morning!!!

The first email notification I received was, in fact, received hours after the post, but then there may have been a glitch somewhere.  I can't comment on the others I've received as I didn't notice them until this morning - so will keep a check on that.

I'm using Firefox now - as Safari isn't that compatible with the site and I can't play with the text and smileys using that browser!!!

Thanks!

Like 0      
08 May 2007 8:25 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Justin I am replying on a thread but the email keeps telling me I have received a reply even if it  is not relevant to what I have posted. I thought it was just a blip but it has happened a few times now. BUT AM I BOTHERED I DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING THAT SERIOUSLY.  Life is to short, but thought it might help you, Keep up the good work and keep an eye on them little girls. Its a bit horriifying the way the world is today Regards Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 5/8/2007.

Like 0      
08 May 2007 8:36 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Pat

Can you forward any odd notification emails to me at justin@eyeonspain.com so that I can check them out?

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
10 May 2007 11:35 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
10 May 2007 1:20 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
10 May 2007 1:55 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
10 May 2007 2:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
HI Janice

We were aware there was a delay.  We've just implemented a (hopeful) solution.

Let me know when you get the notification for this to see if it's working better now.

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
10 May 2007 2:06 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
06 Jul 2007 9:52 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Justin

When we click "e-mail me when someone replies to this thread it works - for the next message only. It would be good if we could request notification for all future posts to a thread - is this possible?

David

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

General poll on buying Property - 9 posts
EVERYONE - Please read this, very important - 7 posts
Man and Van Wanted UK - Murcia - 7 posts
Spanish Law On Disabled Access To Communal Swimming Pools - 17 posts
E-learning Spanish - 0 posts
Senior Account Manager - Madrid - 3 posts
How to get to NAPLES? - 17 posts
have the agents been wiped out in the property war - 162 posts
Crash in Spanish Property Market - 25 posts
The Real Criminals - 0 posts
Spa Valley, I need some info. - 2 posts
Angel de Miraflores - 2 posts
playa flamenca - 1 posts
Radiation in the area - 38 posts
Mobile phones - 3 posts
IVA? When and how often is it payable? - 8 posts
THE GAS MAN CON - 4 posts
Completed - 3 posts
Duquesa Golf Course - 4 posts
La Marina - 2 posts
Legal Status Of Property. - 5 posts
CORDOBA VALLEY - 7 posts
Spanish health care system: Could someone sit down and spell it out clearly for me please? - 6 posts
NIE in Guadamar - 8 posts
Holiday today - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x