Who's going to win the World Cup

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

Because the standard of football in the world cup this time is so atrocious I think that the World Cup should be awarded to the team with the most players who actually know the words to their country's National Anthem!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 4:15 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

That would be too easy orda they should be asked to spell them!! The World Cup might never be won again!!

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 4:22 PM by Alison&Simon Star rating in Hamilton,Scotland - .... 1102 posts Send private message

Alison&Simon´s avatar

I know who wont win it?  I would like Spain to win,  and yes I agree the standard of play is atrocious, not only from the home nation but everyone.  Primadonas the lot of them.    

Always look on the bright side of life  

Dogs have lots of friends cause they wag their tails and not their tongues

Alibabe

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 4:38 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Spain, England have no chance!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 5:07 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

after the last couple of days i'd say brazil or portugal have to be favs. the argies are playing well but think that will thissle out in the next stage

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 5:33 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I thought Spain weren't that great again last night.  Torres doesn't look right to me.  I think they'll struggle against top sides.  If they finish second, then they will play Brazil, and then it's adios Spain.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 5:44 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

It's not going to be France or England is it, and Spain didn't impress me?  As much as it sticks in my throat to say so i think it might be Germany.  I think the South American teams have been a big disappointment but there's still a long way to go.  I also think the final could be Netherlands v Germany.  But, I don't care who wins as long as I don't hear another Vuvuzela, they're worse than the scooters in Gibraltar....on second thoughts, no they're not as bad as that!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 5:49 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Yeah, I fancy the Germans as well.  I backed them at 15-1 before the tournament started, so they're my second team after England.

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 6:15 PM by Alison&Simon Star rating in Hamilton,Scotland - .... 1102 posts Send private message

Alison&Simon´s avatar

England are a joke, they're unable to string two passes together and as for Terry coming out and speaking the way he did, thought we were going to have a repeat of the French fiasco.  These people are not professionals. Sanchez,  you could be in for a nice  little win, germany are very well organised and disiplined but dont think they have the creativity or  flare to beat the argees or brazialians.  Spain showed some talents but kept hold of the ball for a minute too long in some situations, it all comes down to who can cross a ball into the box for there team mates to score and so far haven't seen anybody do that with any great precission.

Always look on the bright side of life  

Dogs have lots of friends cause they wag their tails and not their tongues

Alibabe

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 6:21 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Alison&Simon

Sanchez,  you could be in for a nice  little win, germany are very well organised and disiplined but dont think they have the creativity or  flare to beat the argees or brazialians.

You don't necessarily need creativity and flair to win the World Cup as proven by Italy 4 years ago and West Germany in 1990.  But I think this German team does have some creativity.  They look quick going forward and they look like they have goals in them and solid at the back, which they will need against Brazil, Argentina etc.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 9:12 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

"Who's going to win the World Cup?"

Spain. Hopefully. I have a little bet on it!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 10:54 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

I feel very sorry for the school kids being sent home early tomorrow to watch the England match. I don't care what they've done wrong, nothing warrants that level of punishment!!

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 10:59 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

mine are getting double punishment watching it at school not coming home till 5

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 11:08 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

And we're actually rushing home from school tomorrow to watch it!!!!!!!!!!  Optimistic or what!!  And I'm from north of the border!  (But mustn't dismiss the OH and son!).

I'll put my money on Spain or Argentina to win!  Shows how much I know! 

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 11:21 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

No come on UK can turn it around I am a great believer in the impossible happening!!!!!!!

Pat

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 1:31 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

COME ON ENGLAND, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 6:01 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well done England Let's hope it continues .

We can but hope.

Pat

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 6:30 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

could be a penalty shoot out with the Germans in the next round and i thought the end of this one was tense.

just a shame i will miss the next one as i will be driving back from Devon on sunday evening.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 6:50 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

yeeeeeeeeeeessssssss.......well done England!!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 8:13 PM by tomveron Star rating in Dublin. 92 posts Send private message

The Englang team went to visit a south african orphanage today. It was good to put a smile on the faces who have no hope and are struggling to survive, said Joseph Umboto Aged 6.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Agents Required - 0 posts
Friend or foe - 5 posts
Denuncia fine for no insurance - 3 posts
Chinese Bazaars (Prices?) - 5 posts
Transferring money to my Spanish bank - 6 posts
Endesa Web Site in English - 3 posts
can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing vehicle around Estepona - 3 posts
Simulsat TV - 9 posts
help wanted - 1 posts
Information, please? - 2 posts
Why do we get so many new members wanting to move to Spain? - 29 posts
Playing around! - 0 posts
Calahonda International School - 2 posts
Spanish postal service reliability - 2 posts
New on here and need some good advice... - 15 posts
Jale bankruptcy - 0 posts
HP Laptop For Sale - 2 posts
Horse riding stuff for sale - 0 posts
advice needed please - 1 posts
Speeding Fine UK Registered Car - Advice Needed - 12 posts
England Match - 2 posts
Winter heating - 4 posts
Court costs - 2 posts
Because we're worth it. - 6 posts
TASA Costa Esuri - help - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x