Speeding Fine UK Registered Car - Advice Needed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

I have been flashed by a speed camera in Northern Spain, I have checked on the website

http://www.i-database.co.uk/index1.php

and it has registered. I will not be back in the UK for several months, and the ticket will be sent there. I want to pay the fine to get it out of the way. Does anyone know how I do this without the ticket or reference number?

Many thanks,

Denise

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 1:48 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

According to the internet that link goes to a spoof site I just checked mine and says I was caught speeding at 37.9 mph in Coldhams lane uk  i have never been there in my life as I live in Spain

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 6:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Funny that, out 2 cars say exactly the same!! Great fun to wind someone up though 

Mark

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 7:43 PM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of a real site that tells you if you really have been given a speeding ticket?

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 7:56 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I believe that this link was posted on this site a few weeks ago.  Put your car reg and NIE nO. in and it should tell you:

Parking/speeding fines

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 8:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Denise

I'm confused!  In the thread All packed and ready for the off!  you posted on 31st October 2009 that you had arrived in Spain a week ago. You should have re-registered your UK registered car after it had been here (in Spain) 6 months! It is illegal not to. So, if you have indeed been caught speeding in this UK registered car in Spain when it's been here since end October, which is over 7 months to date, I believe that you will find that your tax/mot/insurance could well be invalid? You also said you are not returning to the UK for several months (presumably meaning taking the car??)

Unfortunately you're two hours south of where I am but you might contact a wonderful gent called Tom in my area who will give advice as he re-registers UK plated cars  http://www.reregcar.info/

This message was last edited by morerosado on 19/06/2010.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 9:12 PM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

Many thanks Jimbofinn, but that is for Spanish Registered Vehicles.

Hi there, Morerosado, Yes I did arrive here last year, but we drove our old van back last month and bought a new car, it was considerably cheaper in the UK, It was driving back we got flashed! I will contact your friend for advice, but I have a few months grace now. We are moving around until we find a place we want to stay permanently. Then we will sort all the formalities.

Kind regards,

Denise

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 9:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Denise, sorry I don't know the answer but there must be one. Are you using other forums? (Dare I ask?) Have you asked on them I was wondering!

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 10:24 PM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

hi Morerosado,

I am a member of another forum, much smaller, so only asked EOS members, with such a diverse membership, my experience so far is, that if no one there knows, it's unlikely an answer will be found. I go  back on a regular basis, because of elderly relatives, so until I go, I'll just ho[e it was a 'false' camera and put it out of my mind.

Your interest and advice has been appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 3:44 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

this is the point; you live in spain, so reregister your car in spain-that's the law. if you take it back to uk to tax and mot it you are committing fraud as you must be giving someone elses address to the dvla in order to do it. the police seem to be confused as to what to do about uk cars-what they should be doing is fining the owners and crushing the cars, as theyare illegal on the road, their insurance is invalid and spain is not getting the road tax. it pays to do research before moving to spain.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 3:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Camposol. Had you read Denise's reply to me 19 Jun 2010 21:12 you would not have said that. Denise has done nothing wrong as yet! (Well, apart from speeding!)

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 4:26 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

if denisehl is living in spain for more than 183 non consecutive days,  then she is regarded as resident, and the advice is relevant

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 4:27 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

if denisehl is living in spain for more than 183 non consecutive days,  then she is regarded as resident, and the advice is relevant

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

England Match - 2 posts
Winter heating - 4 posts
Court costs - 2 posts
Because we're worth it. - 6 posts
TASA Costa Esuri - help - 0 posts
Holiday let required please - 1 posts
Inheritance Taxes - 26 posts
Postal Service: Urgent help Needed, please - 3 posts
Garden Centres, DIY stores etc in Albox/ Huercal-Overa Area? - 6 posts
Paying Car Tax In Spain - 14 posts
driving from uk to spain - 8 posts
quesada? - 5 posts
Does anybody on the Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
With age comes wisdom - 0 posts
Amuerga,sl - 0 posts
Administrator costs - 3 posts
schools in playa flamenca any help please - 2 posts
Is this another good reason not to buy property in Spain - 19 posts
Why I love EOS... - 10 posts
Simple Irish Logic! - 0 posts
JOB FOR HOUSE IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER - 2 posts
help needed with schooling in playa flamenca - 1 posts
starting to move on.. playa flamenca here we come - 2 posts
A Totally New Use for Febreze.... - 0 posts
Can Someone Pleae Help? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x