Part Time Work

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by ellemum Star rating in Bolton Lancs / Costa.... 122 posts Send private message

Hi,

Just thinking...

I have sat and worked out a few figures and possibly could just afford to retire to Spain.  But............ I reckon I may have too much time on my hands and may like to find some kind of part-time work.

I have worked in UK offices (Government / Blue Chip) for 35 years.................... time for a change!

So what do you think my employment opportunities might be.  Hablo poco espanol !!  but still learning!

Any info would be appreciated

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:05 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Con poco Español nada muy importante. Depends really on what you are looking for Ellen - you might find Brit companies that can put you to use in real estate or something - generally plenty of bar work around and maybe apartment service/changeover. Probably more opportunities for more meaningful stuff on the Costa del Sol than Costa Blanca, but even then you will need strong Spanish but unlikely anything with the security clearance you are used to.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 10:43 PM by ellemum Star rating in Bolton Lancs / Costa.... 122 posts Send private message

Thanks for that Patrick. 

So being a Bond girl is out of the question then! 

Honestly, you really dont know what I do to earn a living.............so boring.  The only reason I dont tell anyone is because I dont want to get lynched.   But you are right,  the security I have to abide by is  just short of Madness.   Guess what - they are talking about having to wear tags that acutally scan for mobile phones when going to the loo!!!!  HELP this country has gone mad.

AND  NO, I do not work for the Inland Revenue or Custom and Excise, or prison service.

Really looking for a complete change..............................no computer, no phone/fax, no being torn to shreds by joe public.

Looks like I will have to step up on my Spanish.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 10:57 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
ellemum, I think you need to hang around the "learning Spanish" section and pick up some bits and bobs there

I know people in Spain who work as "virtual assistants" for companies in the UK, doing things such as answering emails, data entry, general admin, etc.  Might be worth a look into too.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

83 LOOKY MEN ARRESTED IN MARBELLA - 2 posts
ESCAPED CROCODILE CAPTURED - 0 posts
El Estribo - Sabinillas , CDS - 32 posts
Anyone suggest good lawyer in Guardamar are? - 10 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 2 posts
Disney Land in Murcia. - 13 posts
New Airport??? - 40 posts
occupation licence duquesa. - 14 posts
Advertising for short term rentals - 1 posts
'Bubble' fears hit Spanish property - 3 posts
Why?....Confused! - 2 posts
Stories from Spain - 0 posts
What to Eat (and drink ! ) in the "real" Spain - 5 posts
OPEL ZAFIRA 2.0 DTI FOR SALE - 4 posts
Dunelm's (in the UK) - 7 posts
Mortgage Advice - 56 posts
Parpapiro's - Duquesa - Costa del Sol - 4 posts
What do we do with unwanted furniture?? - 8 posts
news from my solicitor - 122 posts
Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x