El Estribo - Sabinillas , CDS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Argentinian steak office on Paseo Maritimo....Excellent food, excellent service and excellent Argentinian Beer.

Regards

John

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:25 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Do the Argies make excellent beer?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 11:32 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Yes ..i drank some last night...well she said it was Argie beer

Regards

John

Like 0      
13 May 2007 11:10 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

can't comment on the beer but had a fantastic steak!

You have to buy the veggies individually which is not a problem but you can difinitely share them, as we found after we all ordered our own to find we had much too much food.

Give it a try.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 8:56 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We went here on Friday night and it was excellent.  The best steak I've ever had and the chocolate cake desert...well...just superb.

Highly recomment this place.  Brilliant food, brilliant service and brilliant location.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 3:41 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Sounds good, how do you get there coming from Estepona, directions very much appreciated.

Thanks

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 3:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
hobby

Heading in the Cadiz/Gibraltar direction, when you go past Estepona take the coast road A7 instead of the toll road.  About 10 - 15 minutes later you will get to Sabinillas.  Turn off, park anywhere (wherever you can) and the restuarant is on the seafront.  Very easy to find.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 4:05 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar
Thanks Justin, Im out there for a couple of days this week so I might give it a whirl. Do you have to book BTW or can you just walk in, it'll be midweek and I'll be with a couple of friends. Cheers

This message was last edited by hobby on 6/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 6:12 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I wouldn't think you would need to book if you go during the week but if you want to be safe the number is 952 893 788.  They all speak English by the way.

Enjoy.

Justin

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 7:04 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hobby, just in case Justin's directions are a little vague (???) once you get to the Sabinillas round-about (where you see the Bernardo Munoz furniture store on the corner opposite the petrol station on your right) turn left into Sabinillas and park anywhere you can find.  From there, facing the sea, turn left on the sea-front promenade and carry on until you come to the restaurant.

Am I in the right direction folks??

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 7:40 PM by michael52 Star rating in Bushey, Hertfordshir.... 308 posts Send private message

michael52´s avatar

Pitby your directions are spot on

Have eaten there a number of times and agree the food is great. The garlic mushrooms are a great accompanment to fantastic steaks and so is the creamed spinach.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 7:47 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar
unless you are really hungry the side dishes are generous enough to share. We ordered a couple of sides each and couldn't eat it all.

This message was last edited by lewjan62 on 6/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 7:55 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hmmm...maybe my directions were a little vague

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 7:57 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Justin, get that map out, lad!!!

Or get the "good food guide" sniffer dog to give directions in future!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 6/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 8:32 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Ha ha, thanks to all of you for your directions and info, Im sure we'll find it one way or another!

Cheers

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 10:14 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Directions spot on but nobody has answered the question ...does he need to book? I would suggest Friday and Saturday yes you have to ...other days not so certain. I turned up on a Sunday evening and had a choice of tables..it was end of April and I was on my own ( Billy no Mates)...

Regards

John

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 11:04 AM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar
Thanks John, never know, if my mates cant make it might be me on my todd too!! 

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 8:20 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

A great place to go to eat is The Wok in Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol. Its an All You Can Eat Chinese retaurant in Arroyo main shopping street. If you head out of Arroyo town centre towards Torremolinos not far as its very close to town centre, its on the left. The choice is fabulous the staff are very helpfully. Its was around 11.50 euros when we were there last.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 8:21 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

A great place to go to eat is The Wok in Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol. Its an All You Can Eat Chinese retaurant in Arroyo main shopping street. If you head out of Arroyo town centre towards Torremolinos not far as its very close to town centre, its on the left. The choice is fabulous the staff are very helpfully. Its was around 11.50 euros when we were there last.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 8:43 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Janmet, maybe you want to start a new thread about the restaurant you recommend, as this one is about El Estribo in Sabinillas.  Just click on the relevant "start new thread" button under the "restaurant reviews" thread, and you're off!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 6/12/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone suggest good lawyer in Guardamar are? - 10 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 2 posts
Disney Land in Murcia. - 13 posts
New Airport??? - 40 posts
occupation licence duquesa. - 14 posts
Advertising for short term rentals - 1 posts
'Bubble' fears hit Spanish property - 3 posts
Why?....Confused! - 2 posts
Stories from Spain - 0 posts
What to Eat (and drink ! ) in the "real" Spain - 5 posts
OPEL ZAFIRA 2.0 DTI FOR SALE - 4 posts
Dunelm's (in the UK) - 7 posts
Mortgage Advice - 56 posts
Parpapiro's - Duquesa - Costa del Sol - 4 posts
What do we do with unwanted furniture?? - 8 posts
news from my solicitor - 122 posts
Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 32

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x