Anyone suggest good lawyer in Guardamar are?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
Would like to think ahead! so looking to purchase in Guardamar area,have a property in mind,awaiting full details,but would be grateful to anyone who can advise on a lawyer in the area,should I proceed, and also to cover the language barrier at the time. Any advise would be appreciated as think Janice may be nearby ha!ha!

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 10:46 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

There is a solicitors in Torrevieja that has been recommended.  I can't for the life of me remember the name but they have an office by the tourist hut (near the fountains in Torrevieja).  I intend to use them as independent lawyers and will be going to see them in June.  According to their website, they charge 1% of the value of the property which compares to the 3 or 4% I have been quoted elsewhere,

When are you looking to hire one?  If I can find the name before I will let you know but it may not be until I visit in June.  Will that be too late for you?

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 10:49 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Found it.  This is a link to their website which has an English bit in it.

http://www.westmed-es.com/

It's close enough to Guardamar.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 11:04 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Thanks for the info bobaol, much appreciated, but also welcome any other contributions as its a bit daunting going out there  on my todd!

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 11:34 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Bob I suspect the 3 to 4% you have been quoted will include Notaries Land Registry fees etc. While some of them are extortionate I dont think any of them would have the bare faced cheek to charge that much just for the conveyancing work

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:09 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
Dont quite understand why;  buying a property should incur agent fees. when they charge the other person for selling theirs?

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:35 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I assume that you mean an agent is trying to charge you a finders fee?????

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 1:16 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Smiley

Only going of Bobs input, but I pretty much assumed agents fees came off the seller in resale??but maybe wrong and learning something new? Beats me how the government out there charge IVA for buying and selling, the country must be one of the richest?? in Europe, as everyone else on off-plan I paid IVA for absolutely nothing?? how corrupt is that??

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 11:25 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry but I was only talking about solicitors fees, not agent fees.  Don't think the agent charges you anything.

Also for Smiley, the fee of 3 to 4% are for new properties including notary fees, connection to utilities etc.

First solicitor I used (recommended by agent) charge 4%

New place I'm buying solicitor recommended by agent charge 3%

Hence I'm going through an independent one this time which has quoted 1% for the following which I assume is the conveyancing.

• Obtaining N.I.E number; this is a fiscal identification number for foreigners in Spain, here we need you to fill in a form that we will facilitate, two passport photographs and a certified true copy of your passport that must be validated by a Spanish Notary, or by the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country.
  • Follow up the already signed contract until the completion of the same.
  • Do the necessary searching on the property or land for that to avoid unnecessary troubles on the day of signing the title deed.
  • Prepare all necessary documents for the Notary.
  • Translation and assistance at the Notary for the signing of the title deed.
  • Search for a mortgage in a Spanish Bank.
  • Paying the taxes involved in the purchase of a Spanish property.
  • Changes of title of the gas, electricity ,SUMA and water contracts.

For this we charge 1% of the property value, we ask for half of the amount in the beginning of the contract and the rest at the signing of the title deeds

Like 0      
28 Apr 2007 2:52 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/19/2007.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2007 6:08 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi Maggie B There are some agents out there that will charge you a finders fee and they are not all in Spain they mostly tell you this but can also try and hide it in the paperwork  the charge is about 1 -2% of the price you are paying.   Some of the very clever agents in the past  bought a property cheap put 25% on the price and sold it again and it was hard to find this out if you had no contact with the seller so you would have paid a finders fee in many ways , as part of the sale was in black money it was hard to track.       Regards Rosi n

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Interest Only Mortgages - 2 posts
Disney Land in Murcia. - 13 posts
New Airport??? - 40 posts
occupation licence duquesa. - 14 posts
Advertising for short term rentals - 1 posts
'Bubble' fears hit Spanish property - 3 posts
Why?....Confused! - 2 posts
Stories from Spain - 0 posts
What to Eat (and drink ! ) in the "real" Spain - 5 posts
OPEL ZAFIRA 2.0 DTI FOR SALE - 4 posts
Dunelm's (in the UK) - 7 posts
Mortgage Advice - 56 posts
Parpapiro's - Duquesa - Costa del Sol - 4 posts
What do we do with unwanted furniture?? - 8 posts
news from my solicitor - 122 posts
Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x