news from my solicitor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Benjob Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Whats it like, local attractions, beach, bars, shops, sports, pictures....any information would be superb

thanks alot, been looking for a decent forum like this for ages only thing is the forum messages go in a different order or is it just my pc :S

doh just seen this.."NEW! Messages are sorted from newest to oldest"

This message was last edited by Benjob on 4/20/2007.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 9:53 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Janice will be here any minute.....She lives just outside and I'm moving there in a year or so.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 10:30 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 10:34 PM by Benjob Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Well, im the 16 year old kid doin the research on the internet because neither parents have entered this century and can use a pc, they have visited, but never had the chance to check everything out. were buying with euromarina, in La Fiesta II residenticial anais.

ps whats torreveija.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 10:52 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 11:01 PM by Benjob Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Yeah ive found my bearings on the where abouts of Guardamar, google maps i dont think has been updated recently enough to show our complex.

were hoping the villa should be completed next march-july. It will be mainly for a holiday home but one we have rented out for a few weeks per year im looking personaly to move over and work :). ive being reading through the threads about moving to spain with children, i plan to move over and have a family in spain...i would never bring a child into the english world its a shambles. Are the beaches deserted or booming, out of Benidorm, Mojorca, estaite and alcudia. which of those citiies do you think guardamar compares to?

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 11:13 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 9:59 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi all,

This the article i wrote for this month's magazine,every month i have a different topic and this months was "beaches".

Hope this helps anyone wanting info on Guardamar.Regards

Georgia

Guardamar del Segura

My Kind of Town

by ***************

Spring is upon us and Guardamar begins to wake from its slumber preparing itself to welcome visitors from all over Spain and abroad. Having spent some considerable time working here I have grown to love and appreciate this quaint medieval town that still remains with its predominantly Spanish population and way of life.

By far one of the biggest draws to the town are its beautiful beaches - stretching eleven kilometres in total (the longest on the Costa Blanca) - these are embraced by the eight hundred hectares of pine and eucalyptus forest set upon the sand dunes and planted back in 1900 to stop the town disappearing under a blanket of shifting sand.

As I’ve said before Guardamar is rich in beaches and literally boasts a beach for every day of the week. La Roqueta and Centro beach are the liveliest and border the promenade in the centre of the town where you will find numerous bars and restaurants that line the busy walkways which can be accessed directly from the town centre. However, if you fancy somewhere a bit more peaceful try El Mocayo, El Camp, El Vivers and Les Ortigues which tend to be less busy during the peak times. Of course if your New Year resolution was to be more adventurous and try new things there is always El Tossals the local nudist beach. All the beaches have a beautiful fine golden sand and are kept meticulously clean this coupled with The cleanliness of the sea water also allows a vast selection of water sports to be enjoyed: from scuba diving to wind surfing.

Guardamar is still regarded as a traditional Spanish town that has remained relatively unspoilt and unchanged for many years encompassing what many foreign visitors regard as the “real Spain”. For anyone seeking permanent residence in Guardamar the town offers every facility you could wish including indoor swimming for those who are still keen in the colder months and a sports centre for those with too much energy.

Although the general influx of holidaymakers and the exodus from Madrid, for the good weather, swells the town’s population - it never feels abandoned when the winter months draw in. The town has a local working population and retains that everyday feel about it.

The locals (and I mean Locals) include families that have often lived here for many generations and in my opinion  always welcome new faces with warmth, not only  

because that is their nature but also, they know, that tourists bring in good hard cash that is the lifeblood of so many local businesses. Tourism has helped to boost the economy of the town and made it one of the wealthiest in the area thus keeping the property prices up and making it a very desirable part of Spain in which to reside.

I think many of us Ex-pats seek the traditional Spain that we’ve seen or read about but so often cannot find in the more popular resorts along the coast but for any nationality Guardamar can offer a fantastic way of life - hankering back to the ways that I think many of us ex-pats long for and miss so dearly.

Like 0      
08 May 2007 12:22 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Georgia,

Is there a specific part of Guardamar that you are referring to in your article? or is it a generalisation of the region?

Like 0      
08 May 2007 12:42 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Janice, have just seen this am trying to get into your Guardamar site and google is not letting me am I doing something wrong, sorry watching the snooker Pat 

Like 0      
08 May 2007 8:47 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Maggieb,

The article is based mainly on the town of Guardamar as this is where i work as an agent,but you will find that it relates to many of the old spanish towns around here.

The article this month was on the beaches that border the town and also stretch out from the town.

I write several articles for the local press in the area ranging from local interest to my views on the property market.

If anyone wants to know the name of the publication this came from please pm me as i am not sure if putting the name on here is allowed?

Hope this helps.

Georgia

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 9:41 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Guys,

Just to let anyone know who is interested,the Gastronimaical Fayre is in Guardamar from the 11th-16th June.

The marquee is up already and if you love your food and beer then give it a go.

It is basically a chance for the locals to show off their talents and for anyone to taste the local dishes,last year it was all free and i hoping this year will be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

They have just had the one in Algorfa and it was a free bar all weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus the fact it is only about 100 yards from our shop,that week i could be considerably busy and away from my desk me thinks!!!!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 11:06 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Sounds interesting, can you give me directions and times it's open?

I've only ever been to the beach before and once to the market although we parked in the wrong place and had to walk quite a distance before we found it

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 12:40 PM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

I've just joined the site as I wanted an update from Georgia about the Algorfa gastronomic weekend. We have a flat there and missed out being there but knew it was on. We are in Fontana so this year it took place just under our window! hopefully the square will be finished end of Juiy so next year will move back to there.

Georgia I love your posts as it keeps me going through my working day to think of you in Guardamar ( jealous or what!) and you speak such good sense it is always a pleasure to read what you have to say!

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 3:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Susan,

Wow,my first fan!glad you enjoy the forum and my comments..

Regarding the Algorfa weekend,it was great, lovely to meet all the locals,drink the free beer,taste the local dishes,drink the free beer and have a great laugh at the same time and did i mention the beer was free!!!!.

There were about seven different dishes to choose from and all totally free, all made by some of the local ladies societies,it was a absolute pleasure to be invited into a social gathering that spanned all generations and all nationalities.

Yeah it was just in front of the Idearco apartments this year as they are repairing the square(as you know)and hopefully it will be finished soon.

I know the company you work for as i put 5 years in there myself before i moved here,so small world eh?

Tut! Tut! susan it's an apartment!!!not a flat!!! apartments are attractive! and flats are stacked in blocks and built in the 70's..

Come and see me in Guardamar when you get a chance or we may bump into each other in Algorfa as my children go school and dancing there and my little 4 year old is in the carnival this year.

Semijubilada- The fayre is on the car park as you enter the town from the south on the n332,if you come off on the slip road into the town and keep going down the main street(Avda Pais Valenciano)you can't miss it.

As for when it opens and closes it will be from the morning untill they drag me out clutching my last free beer at night!!!!

Hope this helps

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 4:06 PM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

You sound like my Auntie when I call it a flat I should have added that it is a penthouse....wow may even make it to La Finca one day!

Glad to hear about the gastro weekend we will have to try and get the dates for next year.We will be out for the last day of Fiesta the 14th and I think this is the day of the parade so you will have to let me know what your children will be dressed as.We missed the parade last year as we had just moved in but heard the music.This year we have someone to get us tickets for the Saturday night "do"so ready for an allnighter!

Is it just Algorfa that seems to have loads of money to spend ( by British standards) on events for the locals as there always seems to be free beer going on at some point....that's why we love it!!!!!!!

As you say small world if you worked for my lot you could pm me exactly where as I have been around a while and we may have some mutual friends.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 4:19 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Susan,

Algorfa is quite a wealthy town but you will find because it is a  traditional spanish town they are expected to do the free beer thingy all the while(shame).

The spanish will not have it any other way.

The way they look at it is that it was your money originally paid through taxes so in essence all they are doing is giving it back(imagine that mentality in the UK).

When people come in the shop and do a wish list for a property if there is ant mention of alcohol we nip them around to Algorfa and let them look at the coming events,SOLD!!!!

I will pm you and we can have a chat about the old company.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 5:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Yay!!! Normally I miss all these things going on as I visit Spain at the wrong time, haven't caught a fiesta in any of my visits but have struck it lucky.  Will be there from Saturday for the week so I will def visit the Fayre in Guardamar and Algorfa (if it's still on).  Hope the beer isn't free, though, as I'll be driving and hating missing these freebies.  Maybe I'll drown my sorrows in all the good food.

Thanks for the infor..

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 6:47 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Why wasnt I told of the free beer!!!

Terrible it is keeping this information away from me!

Gonna sulk now..............................................

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 6:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You dont drink beer - at least thats what you told me as you dont like the smell of hops!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts
School fees.......... - 22 posts
broadband and telephone (torrevieja to san pedro) - 1 posts
Elegance Dona Julia. - 38 posts
If i get one more bloody phone call !!! grrrr - 6 posts
Help please - 3 posts
San Remo, Almoradi - 12 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts
Bank Guarantee. - 4 posts
Consider this before buying in Spain - 28 posts
Aifos running out of money - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 123

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x