Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

If you're lucky enough to live in Wales you can watch this programme on BBC1:

Today, 22:35 on BBC One (Wales only)

Week In Week Out travels to Spain to meet the Welsh couples who bought a place in the sun only to find out their dream home is illegal and could now be demolished.

George and Judy Morris

George and Judy Morris swapped Skewen for Spain hoping for the perfect retirement. Things were going well until one day they got a letter saying their dream villa was illegal and the authorities wanted it demolished. Week in Week finds out what happened to them and others in the same position.

Their house in Almeria

As I don't live in Wales it would be good if anyone watches to programme to give us an update!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 3:32 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

For those with a sky dish you can get BBC Wales on Channel 972

Steve

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 4:48 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

for those with a Sky dish....Bayern Munich v Man Utd..........!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on the reds!!!

(sorry for digressing)

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 5:00 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

For once we agree Georgia, 'cmon the reds!

Back to the thread.... (sorry) do you suppose it will be available on BBC iplayer?

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 5:14 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

I'll have a look, OH NO, not more bad news!!!!

Ads........ I managed to get a welsh repeat of the last Spain programme on the i player , but it was on ITV Wales, guess it works with BBC too.

Georgia........ Footy?????  Wrong shaped ball for me

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 30/03/2010.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 5:30 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Candyfloss, yep i know you follow the "egg chasers"

Giggsy will be playing tonite (welsh bloke) so watch the beautiful game instead.......... xx

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 5:53 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

BBC Wales is limited on the i player

I can only suggest that after the programme log on to i player, select categories, scroll down to the box named "Wales'' and see if  Helldorado is in there.

They do put some "topical'' programmes in there, depends on what somebody thinks is topical !!

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 6:17 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

After going on the Week In Week Out website they have one forthcoming i player listing which is Helldorado

As it's quite near our place will be watching with very mixed feelings

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 8:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Week In Week Out, BBC One Wales: Tuesday, 30 March

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/8593435.stm

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 10:03 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

If any one like us has Virgin media cable tv you can see it on channel number 864

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 11:42 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Watching it now as we speak!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 11:02 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

"Egg chasers" Good one Georgia LOL!  .  And they don't cry if they break a nail .

Ooops, I got waylaid last night and forgot to watch............................ Good job Techno did, What happened Techy??

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 4:30 PM by Maggy Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Same old same old I'm afraid, nice excuse for the beebies crew to get a week in Spain.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2010 6:58 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

It was old news in the main, however I still feel for them even after all this time.

Imagine having to stand there and watch as your house is demolished, even when everything was checked and checked again and was in order, you've done nothing wrong and yet because of some technicalities or irregularities, they demolish your house... but leave the shed and garage alone as there is no problem with the paperwork for those!

Now that really is rough justice, and those that did that terrible deed ought to brought to justice and then be hung, drawn and quartered.

And as for the Welsh builder... he'd get a smack in the teeth from me if I saw him. Imagine having the balls to build properties, take money from good people and not ensure everything was correct and legal. I don't know if he did so deliberately or if he just got things wrong and couldn't face up to it. Just imagine getting a phone call from your neighbour telling you he owned your house... as it is built on some of his land. That is a problem with the size and location of individual plots, so I assume that the builder, knowing he had several plots, just went and built where he thought was best... without checking the locations and boundaries of each individual plot, or perhaps the building plans he submitted after building differed greatly with those that were submitted before approval was given.

However, it would appear that the BBC just wanted to remind people that you shouldn't by a 'dream property' in Spain, as it would work out you would be in 'Helldorado'... which I think is a really silly play on words for the title of a 'factual' program. And in usual style, had nothing positive or productive about how to buy a property in Spain, or offer any help or advice for those that they filmed.

If that is the type of program the BBC are going to continue making on property purchase in Spain, then am I glad I no longer have to pay a license fee!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
03 Apr 2010 9:50 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I watched this on iPlayer the other night but what most concerned me were the comments made by the Junta de Andalucia's planning official, Luis Caparros.

He basically made it quite clear that if you've bought a property that itsn't quite legal then....TOUGH.  Laws are laws.  He has no sympathy for any of those affected.

It doesn't look good for those affected by properties that don't comply with all planning laws.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Apr 2010 9:57 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Just in response to Justin's last posting it might be worthwhile repeating the following which was information received by Matthieu Laloux parliamentary secretary to Marta Andreasen who is fighting for the rights of many innocent victims caught up in this scenario:

What is currently happening?

Marta is now a member of the Petitions Committee in the European Parliament and has met some of you, either at her Brussels office or at the Soha march in Malaga. However, her focus remains to get the question of the Spanish property abuses debated in the plenary of the Parliament because the Petitions Committee does not have the power to request or impose any action. For this, we need help from all of you.

What can I do?

We need all nationalities concerned to write to their MEPs, and report back to me, as soon as possible. The window for debate in Parliament is not so wide, and we need to act fast: a large cross-party support is what this cause needs.

The steps are:

1.Find out who your MEPs are: see link below by country of origin.

2.  Email as many as possible, in your own name (see document attached) . There is no need to contact the EFD members (Europe of Freedom and Democracy ), they are Marta's group and already support you. I have provided a short text for simplicity. You may add to it, but keep in mind that some may not read beyond a few lines.

3  Please write back to me with the names of the MEPs you contacted – please start the email subject with “MEP”. We will use this information in Parliament. (Matthieu's email address is laloux@gmail.com)

The largest group, by nationality, in alphabetical order are:

Belgique:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=BE&language=FR

Danmark:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=DK&language=DA

Deutschland:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=DE&language=DE

España:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=ES&language=ES

France:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=FR&language=FR

Nederland:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=NL&language=NL

Österreich:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=AT&language=DE

Sverige:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=SE&language=sv

United Kingdom:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry/search.do?country=GB&language=EN

For all other nationalities, please find your MEPs following this link:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/expert/groupAndCountry.do?language=EN

A suggested text to send is:attached to this email.
Thank you all for taking the time to contact your MEPs - we must show a strong and organised face to Europe.

Best wishes of success,

Matthieu Laloux
Assistant to Marta Andreasen, MEP

Here is the suggested text:

Dear Mr / Ms **,

You may be aware of the situation affecting over 250,000 home owners in Spain. The Spanish authorities are threatening the lawful owners with demolition of their houses without compensation, or are imposing extortionate financial penalties . These judicial orders have been given under an arbitrary cancellation of building permits or a retroactive application of the law.

This issue is widely reported in the European press (simply enter “Spanish property scandal/abuse” in a search engine), yet the Spanish government is dismissing those claims as a mere infringement of building regulations by wealthy foreigners. This is not true: the families affected are mostly ordinary Spanish citizens, and retired foreigners, who are facing ruin and are being denied their most basic human right of a shelter and peaceful existence. These people are fighting their cases through the local courts, but are not being given justice. Their suffering is real. I am one of these people.

We are asking you to support a motion for an urgent debate about the Spanish property abuses in the plenary session of the European Parliament and seize the opportunity of the Spanish Presidency of the European Union to solve the issue.

Yours Sincerely,

This message was last edited by ads on 04/04/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts
Internet connection - 1 posts
Low cost airline Edinburgh to Barcelona - 1 posts
Interesting programmes on SKY TV - 1 posts
No Weather this Week? - 1 posts
Working in Altea - 2 posts
In need of help!!! - 5 posts
Large quantity of baby boy clothes - 0 posts
Places to Visit - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
IVF in Spain - 0 posts
Demolitions appeal accepted - 3 posts
driving from barcelona to cartagena - 1 posts
Is Spain finally moving out of recession? - 24 posts
Easter processions Malaga - 7 posts
Signing title deeds for a property in Spain - 6 posts
Awning for sale - 0 posts
Automatic Translation Tool - 2 posts
Recommended Hotels from Malaga to Bilbao - 1 posts
need a decorator with 35 yrs experience: - 0 posts
Uploading Documents into Communities - 4 posts
Sell my timeshare - 4 posts
Coffee Break Spanish - 1 posts
Website to check if you have any speeding or parking tickets in Spain - 2 posts
Raise cash payable on sale of property - 4 posts
Exchange property - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x