Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2020 10:42 AM by lucazarpe Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all.

We are a family of 3 ,2   adults  of 40 and 47 years old and 1 kid of 5 years old from italy.Been living in thailand for the past 10 years and now would like a change and thought of the la palma island as one of the oprtions.

My wife is a yoga teacher and  i am a diver .

We would like to know cost of living , business opportunity as guest house yoga retreat or similar and any suggestions about it ? I have heard many good things about the island but woud like to have some more info and help ,that will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance and hope to hear from you .

Buona giornata.

Luca

Like 0      
09 Sep 2020 8:15 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Luca

Do not go to La Palma Island, there is no work there. It is far too small. Try the other Canary Islands. See links below to assist you.

https://www.ing.iac.es/PR/living/living.pdf

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/spain/10980-work-in-the-canary-islands.html

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
09 Sep 2020 11:18 AM by lucazarpe Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello Nigel,

Thank you for your message and links in regards to the island .

What i can see is that the all island is  around the ing , and the info about it in the link also and  they are talking about  english people  mainly .Where we live now in thailand we do season jobs  from october to may then its holiday , that is our life  till now.La palma  sounded interesting and yes i see its far and no direct flilyt from the uk  but what aboout other countries ? I will have a look  .Yes tourism is not  a lot  but  its improoving year after year as far as i understand from other people.We had idea of a property somewhere with garden to plant  , fruit vegetables , etc...and in the space of the house do it up as guest house ,yoga retreat , and so on ....I have seen the diving is good over there so hopefullly i can find a job there but who knows.Now prices are still ok but  with the COVID  ,its all a bit wieard to behonest .......What would you say?I will  check other islands and see ,like tenerife ...thats bigger .Thank you and if yo have any ideas or else please lt em know .

Have a nice day.

Luca

?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is it safe to go to Spain....... - 5 posts
Taking and leaving a car in Spain - 2 posts
Hardwired Burglar Alarm - 3 posts
Sky News has now gone encrypted - 2 posts
Catch Up/On Demand TV programmes - 1 posts
Spain's tough stance on Visa rules & Covid - 4 posts
Looking for a small house, finca, bungalow in the middle of nature. - 0 posts
Resident - 1 posts
Tie information - 8 posts
BBC iPlayer - 2 posts
Padron - 4 posts
Community President - 2 posts
Hot tub - Jacuzzi - 4 posts
Resident - 10 posts
COVID 19 Testing - 8 posts
Declaring gift to Spanish Authorities - 4 posts
Understand the situation, please reply if you know - 2 posts
What Legal Rights Does The Mother Of My Son’s Child Have? (Spanish rights) - 4 posts
2nd PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA - 2020 deadline for claims against Banks in off-plan purchases, illegal houses... - 0 posts
1st PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA : Is NOW a good time to buy? - 0 posts
Punta Prima Commercial Centre - 0 posts
Problem with Telefonica Fija (landline) Phone Incoming Calls last only 3 rings - 2 posts
Question over using a UK bank to take a mortgage on the purchase of a Spanish property ... - 10 posts
Duquesa Village - 0 posts
Wanted: 7-10 day Non-simultaneous holiday home swap in August. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x