swimming pool electrical and water costs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 May 2012 3:07 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

On the contrary, El Alamillo, it's great to read such positive posts about someone's dream of a place in Spain and the rewarding experience it has been (and continues to be).  Well done!  El Alamillo looks like a great place to be. What's it like in the winter there?  Is it cold? What sort of heating do you have?

Like 0      
15 May 2012 5:27 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

With regards to climate and weather. Generally the Costa Calida does well for it’s share of the warmth and the Sun. over the past 11 years I have seen a great change in the weather moods. The heavy rains always came in Mid to late November flooding ramblers and the town Streets. Seems to have moved months to around Feb.

The Spanish have a lot to learn about Road drainage.

I live on top of the hill and I am sure that I have seen rain water flow up hill when it rains heavy.

I have drains around the pool terrace so if the pool were to overflow the water is directed down to road leval.

The bay is protected by the mountains above La Azohia and Isla Plana

It can get quite cold in the house during winter. I find a house no mater its location looses that wrap around warmth that a house has that is permanently occupied.

I put down carpets in winter.

Ref heating I use Calor Gas heaters downstairs. I have 2 but find one enough. Remembering to have a door and window slightly open to dispel the condensation.

Think the rule of thumbs is that the size of the gas bottle equals the amount of liquid in condensation. During the summer I use an Air cooler which you fill with water, Ice or Cool bag  blocks.

Air con would be nice but at the moment I find it an expense I can do with out. I know how to maximise its use but find others don’t really give a dam Sometimes leaving it on all day when out driving there cars with the Air con on Max and all the windows open. In my opinion there should be an Idiot board for everything.

Upstairs I use oil filled radiators on thermostatic control. The double bed and the 4 singles all have electric blankets. Nice on winter stays. I have a Flat screen and SKY fitted in the master bedroom. So sometimes it’s off to bed early with re-runs of Top gear on timer. Then to wake up with the Lark and the most remarkable view of the Bay of Mazarron and the mountains above La Aohia and Isla Plana. This is just where the sun rises and what a sunrise. I am always up for the moment to place the sun in my heart. I have had this feeling since first finding El Alamillo.

Picture taken at the bottom of the hill at the Alamillo Beach

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 15/05/2012.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 5:50 PM by Agustin Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Owning a swimming pool is one thing but maintaining it is a totally different ball game. I'm totally agree with you "anthomo".Certain two facts on this post unequivocally the best we have all had.You'r 100% good here that The pumps are running at the moment 12 hours a day and will very soon go to 24 hours a day which ofcourse will make the costs even higher.Me also looking forward econmic solution for this.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 6:26 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi... Nice to see an old post resurrected.

I am still enjoying life as a Non resident of Spain. I still love my location as much as I did all those years ago when I found the El Alamillo Hill overlooking the Bay of Mazarron. I still manage to keep the sun in my heart.

Just to say that this year totals for my Water & Electric utilities amounts too €927.73.

Maybe a bit more use than last year. I still find having a duel metre allowing me a lower tariff on electric off peek gives me a saving.

I only set the pump on the swimming pool to come on during this period

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 27/12/2012.

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 27/12/2012.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2016 11:39 AM by Xabia Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Currently being investigated, I think it is the small irrigation system. That and May-July, the pool is heated to 29c

I thnk the irrigation system has a leak when on.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2016 2:32 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

Coincidentally I was looking at the web site of a guy who's villa we used to rent, he used to charge £75.00 p/w for heating the pool, he now charges £250.00 p/w. He has one of those large circular heat exchangers with a fan at the top, it sounds like a helicopter when the fan is working, we would rather have a cooler pool than listen to that racket, it is situated in a position next to the villa but permanently in the shade, so has no heat to exchange, what I wondered was if it was possible to use that amount of electricicity, it is a fair sized pool?

This message was last edited by Destry on 08/10/2016.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How A Cricket Player - 0 posts
Who Is Eyeonspain.es? - 2 posts
Will the property market ever recover - 80 posts
Bankia - 0 posts
Man and a Van to Murcia - 4 posts
Sunday Opening Hours - Supermarkets - 5 posts
Calling a meeting / Employing workers - 0 posts
pet freindly places to stay - 1 posts
Costaluz, Maria L. de Castro did it again! - 7 posts
EU Citizens, Passports, and JSA - 6 posts
Hi im Louise - 4 posts
Mobile American Hoit Dog Cart....... - 1 posts
Anyone completed modelo 576 online? - 0 posts
Cucador Almeria - 3 posts
Non resident tax - 19 posts
Is there added salt in bottled water - 4 posts
Need a Family estate car - 2 posts
ITV Car test - 13 posts
HEATING SPANISH APARTMENT - 5 posts
jill - 8 posts
Maureen Hoskin - 0 posts
angina medication in spain - 0 posts
Tree Cutting Licence - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellations - 0 posts
BMI BABY - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x