FAST Adsl Costa Del Sol

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2012 12:36 PM by wakevortex Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi all

we will be moving out in June, into an apartment which has phone points already connected in a development at Flamingos Golf Benahavis Costa Del Sol  ,and I need to find out which provider I should go with to get GOOD download AND upload speeds... Im not after the cheapest, just the best, as its vital for my job.

Any info appreciated ..I know I wont get the speed I have in UK, but hopefully something reasonable!

thanks in advance

Bill P

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 3:35 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

Hi Bill,

You need to contact Movistar (Telefonica) and subsribe to their Phone and ADSL Service.

Although there are many companies that offer ADSL, they will not be any quicker that Movistar as they all use Movistars Infrastructure.

Unfortunatley you may not be able to recieve ADSL depending on the distance from the exchange.
The best thing to do would be to try and contact other owners at Flamingos Golf and see what speed they get (if any) or contact the administrators for the community.

Another alternative is to have wireless internet. There are many companies that offer this but like everything in Spain there are good and bad companies. Don't be tempted to contact "Telefonica in English", nothing to do with Telefonica or "BT in Spain" again nothing to do with British Telecom.

If you need further info send me a PM.

Regards

Neil

This message was last edited by Marbella29649 on 30/04/2012.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 4:16 PM by wakevortex Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks Neil

that concurs with what I had researched  ..will ask when I arrive and see whats what !

hopefully they should have fairly good service there given the development and its owners requirements .

Will drop you a p.m if I need any more info

thanks again !

Bill P

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 4:42 PM by mattresscleaning Star rating in FUENGIROLA. 106 posts Send private message

I use ´wifi-connect´ for both my home and now for my office too as telefonica rubbish. Telefonica charged me for 4 seperate adsl lines at the same rate and for the same time and gave me 4 different amounts to pay. they genuinely dont have a clue what they are doing!

wifi connect are better for us because you can also take the equipment with you when (or if) you move house.

the website is  www.wificonnect-spain.com/ 

I don´t know about other wireless providers as I´ve always used these guys.

ryan

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 5:00 PM by wakevortex Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Ryan

interesting... pretty high cost though for 4 meg up 1 meg down  line at 59 Euros per month..presumably as they sell 1, 2 and 3 meg packages they GUARANTEE that speed up and down ?

Is there a download data  limit per month at that price? 

maybe ok  price wise if it actually delivers

this company say "up to 4" but are cheaper and have a data cap.

broadband4spain

will bear them all in mind !

thanks again

Bill P

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 6:44 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Try Jazztel, I moved from Telefonica a few years ago, and recently I negotiated even lower rates. 

37.43 euros including IVA  a month for up to 12 megas (I get about 8 to 9) for my fixed line and free calls to 'normal' fixed lines within Spain and automatic answer service, accessible from anywhere in the world.

I have no probelms with them.

But shop around and try to negotiate.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 6:47 PM by wakevortex Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks Julian..good tip !  now thats  more like it - their internet 30 premium looks too good to be true (so it probably is LOL ! ) --or is it?

lots of choice there though and good speeds/prices

thanks!

Bill P

Like 0      
01 May 2012 12:44 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

Don't go for the cheapest option.
It's like everything in life you get what you pay for.

Most Wireless Internet providors have a monthly download limit, or fair usage policy.

If you need help than I can provide all the info you need.

All adsl providors use Movistars lines and can't provide a higher speed.

I had a client the other week who were on Jazztel and recieved 1mb download. They moved back to Movistar and now get 2mb.

Movistar are a nightmare to deal with but if you apply on-line it takes about 3 - 5 days.

Again if you need any help or advise then PM.

Regards

Neil

Like 0      
01 May 2012 1:29 PM by wakevortex Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks Neil..thats kind of you 

will be in touch once we have a confirmed arrival date etc

cheers

Bill P

Like 0      
01 May 2012 7:14 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

What I said was the cost of the ADSL I have,

I had Telefonica, now trading as Moviestar, and Jazztel's service, speed and price (even for the Moviestar fixed line) is MUCH better,.   There is NO MONTHY LIMIT but as I said shop around.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Insurance - 5 posts
Debt Recovery in Spain - 2 posts
POSTCODE CORVERA AIRPORT ? - 6 posts
furnishings - 0 posts
As a Pensioner non resident but spending a great deal of time here. Can I register with a doctor/ - 22 posts
Recliner Chair repair in Alicante/Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
A question re. our house? - 20 posts
LOOKING FOR ROOM - 0 posts
Summer School at Estepona Youth Theatre - 0 posts
CAN AM SPORTS SPYDER BIKE FOR SALE !!!!! - 0 posts
Caravan Wanted - 0 posts
Legal Action against Debtors - 2 posts
BUS INFORMATION FROM MALAGA TO SABANILLAS - 1 posts
autonomo - 16 posts
Maria Castro and Costa Luz Lawyers - testimonial from Paul and Wendi Causer - 3 posts
Back in Espania 2 moz - 0 posts
Recovery of Community Debts - 42 posts
What Does awaiting Title Deeds mean - 27 posts
Use of CCTV on Communities - breach of privacy or not?? - 25 posts
Nuisance phone calls - 4 posts
Help with air con? Puerto De Mazarron - 5 posts
Cibank Euro Account - 0 posts
Kitesurfing board for sale - 0 posts
How to get Vietnam Work permit? - 0 posts
Mortgage - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x