Good news ( I hope )

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by juliew Star rating in La Herradura, Costa .... 68 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi all I have copied and pasted this, worth a read.

UK market gets a boost as new TV series opens up
03 February 2012 14:14
The UK’s leading overseas property television series, Channel 4’s “A Place in the Sun,” is about to screen its first new programmes for four years.

The broadcasts start on Monday 6th February, and run daily for 20 days with a further 60 additional episodes going straight into production immediately after the new series ends.

A Place in the Sun Live managing director Andy Bridge has welcomed the impetus the new programmes should bring to the market.

“It’s a huge commission from Channel 4, there are three production teams on the road at the moment in the Caribbean, Florida and Spain to get the new programmes made in time,” he told OPP this week.

“This is the first post-recession filming that A Place in the Sun has done and presents an opportunity to present bargain stock to viewers and hopefully get them excited in overseas property once again.”

Speaking exclusively to OPP, Bridge added: “It won’t transform the UK market overnight, but it is a huge boost.”

Established hosts Jonnie and Jasmine are presenting their own programmes, and new presenter Laura Hamilton kicks off the series which will be shown on daytime TV for its first run. Repeat showings in the evening are expected to follow very quickly.

Julie

www.wisemovetospain.com

Like 0      
09 Feb 2012 1:11 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

I spoke to one of the agents involved in the filming last week.  The production team told her that they would not have come to Spain over the last few years, but now feel that the time is right to begin to promote it again.

Yes, I think it is good news!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2012 7:48 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Yes, there have been two in Spain so far and we've watched them both.  They are on for an hour, which allows for more coverage and the potential buyers are being shown 5 properties in all, giving a better overall picture of what's available.  We still think the prices are a bit steep but, thankfully, the estate agent interviewed in today's program on the Costa del Sol gave an honest opinion of prices...admitting that most properties can be bought at below advertised price.  Great stuff! 

I am still getting a bit cross at the presenter's bad pronunciation when it comes to names of towns and villages.  Surely it wouldn't take much effort to find out how the Spanish say them? However,  my husband thinks I'm nit-picking.....and he's probably right! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NATURAL GAS ~ Yes or No - 0 posts
Aer Lingus. - 0 posts
solicitor wants more money plus valia tax ?? - 3 posts
Legal assistant job opening - 0 posts
Heart attack and how to save your self, worth a read - 3 posts
Telefonica ADSL!! - 28 posts
Driving to Portugal via Seville - 9 posts
Which side on the Round-a-bouts? - 39 posts
hows the weather - 4 posts
Property Prices! - 62 posts
Another success for Costaluz, Maria and her team - 9 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, A great success in recovering our deposit using law 57/68 - 9 posts
How do I edit my thread? - 4 posts
Funeral Plans - 0 posts
Testimonial for Maria de Castro and the team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 4 posts
Gib. - 3 posts
driving to Spain from the UK - 16 posts
road tax advice - 5 posts
Legalisation Issies! - 5 posts
Typist Wanted - 0 posts
Have I really won the lottery? - 22 posts
Tax on Rental-Deductions - 8 posts
PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR - 2 posts
Crisis?? - 0 posts
Earthquake - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x