Keyholder, meet and great and cleaning required. - Playa Flamenca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by wanttobeinspain Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Does anyone have any recommendations for anyone - either indivually or a company that does, keyholder, meet and great and cleaning for a short-term holiday rental property?

I have friends who have a property on Calle Niagria that they want to rent out, but having had premature twins can't get out to Spain any time soon

Thanks in advance

Like 0      
22 Jul 2010 2:21 PM by tomaso17 Star rating in Aberdeen & Playa Gol.... 40 posts Send private message

We are in Campoamor (just down the road from Playa Flamenca) and have used The Housemaids for the past year for key-holding, as well as the odd clean/launder, meet & greet  and welcome pack.  They have also had to deal with a couple of security alarm faults on my property while I was back in the UK. which they handled without any problem. 

All in all they provide an excellent service and are very reasonably priced. I would have no qualms about recommending them to anyone.

You can see what they provide on 'the-house-maids.com' or you could phone Jayne on 637 897 098 (24hrs )or  661 360 828  or landline  965 702 492 . They are based in Algorfa

Hope this helps

regards

Tom

Like 0      
23 Jul 2010 10:56 PM by alexa Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Hi

We have recently swopped to using the housemaids and so far they have been efficent so we have no complaints. Our first rental after we swopped to them was a family that were having their 3rd visit to ours so I asked them for feedback. They did call them  once during their 3 week stay and they said they responded promptly and Phil was very chatty and friendly when he came out. Their prices are also very reasonable.

Hope this helps

Jan

Like 0      
24 Jul 2010 10:58 AM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi I know a family run company who do not charge for key holding, also they market your property on their website free of charge, have a look at their website www.mtjholidayservices.com , the womans name is Tracey and a few people I have spoken to who use them are very impressed.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2011 6:13 PM by spain2907 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Please don't use the housemaids.  We started using them after seeing a post on here about them.  It started off great, they were fantastic with our first few guests.  Now they are absolutely terrible and we are looking for another company.

They haven't met our last 4 or 5 guests with the keys (as we pay them extra to do), saying that the guests are hours late and they don't have time to wait around.  This is fair enough but having spoken to the guests, they all say they were there at the agreed time, except 1 who was 10mins late.  I doubt very much that so many separate sets of guests would lie about the same thing!

As part of their key holding service they do inspections after each guest leaves and are supposed to notify owners if anything is wrong.  We were only told about something THREE WEEKS after the guests had left, and after we had received an invoice from the housemaids for cleaning the property. We have now been billed extra for this.

I absolutely dread dealing with both Phil and Jayne, as neither of them are professional.  At the beginning they were very nice and chatty. Then as soon as I asked them what happened about meeting guests (done in a very pleasant, professional way) they were aggressive and defensive, heaping the blame on to everyone else involved.  I can understand being angry once it is first mentioned but they have continued to talk to me in this way.

Having spoken to other people in the area who have used the housemaids, it's apparent that the business has taken on more clients than they can deal with, meaning they don't have the time to do each job properly.  All of the people I've spoken to have since left the housemaids and are happy with their new people.  We will be doing the same as soon as we get the bill ^^^ sorted out.

Letting our holiday home has become a living nightmare since dealing with the housemaids. I would advise either don't hire them at all, or don't get on their bad side. As soon as you even slightly criticise their work, they are the worst people to have to deal with.

Sorry to be so negative (it's not usually my nature) but I hope this post has at least helped people really think about who to hire for this service. 

Like 0      
21 Sep 2011 6:57 PM by angela59 Star rating in Ireland. 58 posts Send private message

Hi,

I use Property Hounds Playa Flamenca http://playaflamenca.propertyhounds.com/ and I have found them to be very professional and honest and reliable.  Give them a call,  I have used them since earlier this year, the apartment never looked as clean. 

Angela59

Like 0      
22 Sep 2011 8:55 AM by tomaso17 Star rating in Aberdeen & Playa Gol.... 40 posts Send private message

I still use The Housemaids and have absolutely no problem with them. So far, they have done all I asked them to do and more if the situation demanded.

I stand by my recommendation.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IBI TAX 2010 - 1 posts
Thinking of making the move - but where to start?!?! - 2 posts
Fisiotherapeut - 0 posts
Golf Clubs wanted - 0 posts
polaris world refunds - 8 posts
Let the buyer beware - 9 posts
How do I get my deposit back? - 4 posts
Early Closing in Spain? - 17 posts
Best place to electricals-Costa del Sol? - 3 posts
Too many brits in Spain (funny) - 14 posts
van space needed end July/early August - 2 posts
Kindle e-books for Dummies? - 1 posts
PROPERTIES FOR SALE IN GRAN ALACANT SANTA POLA - 0 posts
URGENT RENTAL NEEDED - 2 posts
Second hand shops - 8 posts
If you are travelling or expecting visitors... - 0 posts
Sold property what happens to Tax paid? - 1 posts
Electrical Certificate - 6 posts
DACION EL PAGO - 6 posts
Clay search - 0 posts
Clay search - 0 posts
Squatter crisis - 26 posts
New roof on old building... - 2 posts
Choir (coro) /Singing group - 0 posts
how far is Duecasa from Malaga Airport - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x