hi is there still work for good builders from The Netherlands?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by dutch working class hero Star rating in holland. 1 posts Send private message

hello everybody,

My name is Louis and I’m from The Netherlands where I run a smal buildingcompany for more then 15 years already.
My specialety is creating designe bathrooms and kitchens [costum made] etc., but also doors, windows and that kind of things.

We are planning to move to Spain[Granada] because we already bought a house in Granada.

At this moment I’m studying Spanish and in the summer there are still some small projects to be done in The Netherlands.
In December we will stay for a longer period in Spain [at least 3 /4 months] and it would be nice to have some continueing work in Spain.

Best Regards,

Louis de Wit

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:56 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Louis and welcome to EOS.

You couldn't possibly be moving to Spain at a worse time considering your profession.  Most builders I know have gone out of business with very few good ones left in the game, and there's not a lot of work to go around.

I think it will be tough.  People just aren't spending much money at the moment so I would just suggest that you don't sell up back home just yet.

If you can afford to come out and try it for a few months and see how it goes then that would be the best thing.  At least then you can keep your options open.

Best of luck with it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Education - 9 posts
rental cancellation - 10 posts
Most accurate weather station?? - 6 posts
Coach from Almunecar to Paris Eurostar station - depart Friday 23 April - 24 hours - €200 - 0 posts
Driver needed from Malaga Airport to Duquesa - 4 posts
Please post ANY help to try to get stranded people back to the UK - 34 posts
Can I avoid Capital Gains tax by declaring La Renta? - 1 posts
Resort AGM - 48 posts
Recomendation for car hire spain to england - 1 posts
Charity lunch for abandoned animals - 0 posts
Trapped in Spain - how to get back to UK? - 17 posts
Travelling to a French port... - 3 posts
Problems trying to change cancelled Easyjet flight - 3 posts
Is 4 years a long enough period for court case to be dealt with? or is it not? - 2 posts
First time move! - 1 posts
non smoking bar - 0 posts
Help Lift Needed - 0 posts
Others Who Make a Killing - 1 posts
Stranded Passengers! Anyone Making a Killing? - 1 posts
JUSTIN.......... Zoosk online flirting site advert!!!!!!! - 7 posts
Nissan Xtrail 2004 SVE for sale rhd - 2 posts
long term parking - 7 posts
A list of things that are cheaper in Spain compared to the UK - 30 posts
what is the area called where las fillipinas 4 is situated pls? - 3 posts
has anyone had a good court decision success story against scrupulous Developer Technologia Urbanistica - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x