Big Problem with HITs mobile (phone provider)

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

I'm not trying to spreard malicious rumours, but I've just found this on the Internet.  I had a look after not being to top up my 'phone for a week, and wondering what was going on...

Donna 

"Nov 02, 2009 (DMEUROPE via COMTEX) -- VOD | Quote | Chart | News PowerRating -- Spanish MVNO Hits Mobile has ceased its business activity in Spain, due to serious financial difficulties, Movilonia reports, citing industry sources. According to the same sources, Hits Mobile has been unable to pay its suppliers for several months. Hits Mobile operates in Spain using the Vodafone network. For the moment, Vodafone is keeping all Hits mobile lines active, but has stopped receiving new subscribers and ported customers. The possibility of recharging Hits prepaid cards has also been restricted for the last few days. Hits Mobile has not released any comment on the situation or on what will happen to its customer portfolio. In November 2008, Kuwait-based operator Hits Telecom has launched MVNO operations in Spain. For this purpose, Hits Telecom has acquired 51 percent of Valencian company Metrored Mobile. Hits Mobile targeted three main segments - immigrants, tourists and foreign students living in Spain - and offered a range of low international call prices."

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 6:22 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Interesting. There is an Almeria based forum where an individual has been dropping this company into every thread they possibly can. I wonder how many got caught? Is there a link I can refer to?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 6:26 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

This was the link.

http://europe.tmcnet.com/news/2009/11/02/4457291.htm

I've just had a text from HITs to say that the top up service should be operational by the 6th November.

Donna

Donna

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 6:29 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

03 Nov 2009 4:48 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

When I telephoned HITs mobile an hour ago  I was informed that the police were trying to find those, possibly from another phone company, who had spread this untrue rumour, so it's hard to know who or what to believe.   Meanwhile, their top-up service still isn't available, so if anyone can recommend an alternative with cheap rates to the UK, I'd be really interested.  Donna

Donna

Like 0      
03 Nov 2009 5:21 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

And finally... I hope...

I have just received this from an Telitec employee in response to an email.  (We bought our 'phones through them and have found them to be thoroughly reputable, so much so that we have in the last few days signed up for their broadband connection.) The email says:

"Hi Donna,

There are a few articles to find in the web but all  these articles are all coming from the same source which is  Movilonia. This information is not correct and the legal department of Hits is already dealing with it according to Hits."

My apologies to HITs and EoS members if I have unwittingly been party to malicious lies.  I wish you a happy and sun-filled November.  Donna 

Donna

Like 0      
05 Nov 2009 12:39 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

HITs have just topped up our 'phone and it seems that all's well.

Donna 

Donna

Like 0      
05 Nov 2009 3:02 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Hi Musicdonna,

Thank you for your continuing info about HITS. We use this for our mobiles having changed from Movistar but only find it hard to top up as we are not too near a big Correo or the post room we use. Apart from that we have had no problems

Best wishes

Daveil

Like 0      
04 Feb 2010 1:22 PM by paulsevilla Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I've recently bought a Hits card, and have had good service in changeover and topping up, to date. I heard the rumours and contacted Direct Telecom (who provide great telecoms services) who arranged my changeover. They confirmed it's a malicious rumour, and Hits legal action.

However, I have had problems this week topping up on -line, which seems to be more an IT problem. They did have problems with their IT system last Autumn, which did lead to non-payments, and may have fueled the rumour. Equally, it is not beyond belief that their IT system is being attacked. Telefonica/Movistar can overcharge me 42€  rent when I terminated my landline, and cut my mobile 5 hours before the agreed changeover time, taking 10€ credit I intended to use (and left me in difficulties): I understand from a colleague who used to work for them that this was standard practice. I'd believe almost anything of that bunch of thieves.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2010 2:12 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

I've also had problems topping up online, but haven'y tried since November last year.  We now do it at our bank via the cashpoint machine.  Works well.     Donna 

Donna

Like 0      
20 Dec 2010 12:12 AM by mrskytv Star rating in Alicante & Malaga. 31 posts Send private message

mrskytv´s avatar

BEWARE OF HITS TELECOM "AUTO TOP UP" SERVICE

After being offered to receive "Auto" top ups on my mobile phone I thought the need to waste time finding somewhere to top up was a thing of the past. Instead of wasting time trying to get credit I wasted an average of five or six hours a month every month chasing credit that had been paid for but not received!

Despite e-mailing them copies of Bank transfers they blindly kept denying any wrongdoing.

Then I receive an e-mail telling me that :

We don´t know to which top-up corresponds the payment done on 22.10.10. The  reference you sent us before 4F7  belongs to the receipt of the top-up we have made on your phone on 01.10.10.

My reply :

But what you are saying does not make sense?

You say that on the 01.10.2010 at 8:13:27 you gave me €30 credit.

Why would you take the payment on the 22.10.2010 ? 21 days later?

I do NOT believe this.

PLEASE CANCEL AUTO TOP UP IMMDEIATELY AS I NO LONGER TRUST HITS TELECOM.

Eventually after 55 e-mails and numrous calls I managed to get the €30 back, they took the money out of my account and then called me a liar and my Bank could not get the money back.

Then I receive this :

Sent: 24 November 2010 10:51

Dear Customer    

We inform you that after further investigations in our systems we could find the technical error that occurred in October, 22nd . Therefore we are proceeding to refund you on your banking account 30€ for the top-up receipt dating on 22.10.10.

Should you require any type of further information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer care service.

Kindest  regards

Atención al Cliente Hits Mobile

Be very careful when dealing with this Company as every month they will pull the same tricks, I cannot imagine what it must be like for elderly people that do not have internet access to verify bank transfers etc as they only show as "Hits Telecom" on your statement and to get the actual individual statements for each time they take money costs money from the Bank. This is a massive massive deception that must leave them with millions of euro in there accounts at the wnd of every month of credit that has been paid for but not given to the customer.

I now just use the supermarket behind the petrol station in Quesada to buy my credit in cash.

This message was last edited by mrskytv on 20/12/2010.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2010 6:04 PM by shytalk Star rating in in Orgiva,Granada. 23 posts Send private message

shytalk´s avatar

I Have just topped up my mobile phone online and recieved a text a few moments later saying that the ten euros had been added to my account.

No problem at all

Like 0      
22 Dec 2010 7:40 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

I've got the auto top-up & never had a problem so far. When it's done on the 1st of the month I get a text & the money comes out the bank on the 8th.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2010 8:51 PM by mrskytv Star rating in Alicante & Malaga. 31 posts Send private message

mrskytv´s avatar

DO NOT USE AUTO TOP UP!

I promise you will get problems, I spend between €100 and €200 a month €30 at a time top up every month have had a problem!

HITS TELECOM HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 10:06 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

I never took the auto top-up but did through the office & have had no probs.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 12:21 PM by mrskytv Star rating in Alicante & Malaga. 31 posts Send private message

mrskytv´s avatar

I think you are not using "Auto Top UP" as Auto Top Up will take the money from your Bank or credit card "before" they give you the credit.

If you are going to use Auto Top Up from Hits Telecom I would strongly suggest that you keep a detailed record of each transaction and ensure that your Bank will provide a reference for each transaction as unless you have the reference number HITS will will not even acknowledge you as having made a payment.

I think maybe as with most Spanish Companies if you have a surname like "Lopez" or "Gonzalez" they will treat you differently, I dealt with the english speaking team (they refused to give me a name)

My advice is "STAY AWAY FROM HITS TELECOM"

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 1:53 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

I deal with hits through Telitec in moraira. I was told to use them as their customer services is good  & hits is not.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2011 5:14 PM by mike.hornett Star rating in Towcester, Northants. 19 posts Send private message

Hi there, I have just read this Post about Hits Mobile, I am also using Telitech, strange but I have just signed up February 2011, all seems to well. All services seem to be working. In fact I am very happy at the moment.   Anything to get away from Vodafone.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2012 6:58 PM by mike.hornett Star rating in Towcester, Northants. 19 posts Send private message

Hi there, I have just read this post. It is so old !!!! 

I have been using Hits for quite a long time and have never had a problem.

The only thing to watch is that you Top up every three months. You even get free internet access via your Computer tethering this normally costs with other companies. Really I have had NO problems what so ever. 

Like 0      
27 Aug 2013 11:20 AM by MyungCalvert Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam**

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/21/2014 8:19:00 AM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Buyer pulled out of sale only getting half the deposit back? - 4 posts
Who is........... - 0 posts
altering property ownership - 6 posts
Payment of la renta tax - 11 posts
Vodafone Mobile Internet Dongle - 9 posts
Learn to paint at your leisure... - 0 posts
Eye on Spain logo - 2 posts
ELEGANT HOMES WORLDWIDE - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Happy Halloween - 3 posts
Washing Machines etc - 7 posts
Glitches with New broadband connection... - 4 posts
comments welcome.................................. - 8 posts
I RECOMMEND - Shave Saves - 0 posts
Moving to Andalucia - 0 posts
FOR SALE : VW TOUAREG 4X4 - 0 posts
How to transfer small sums of money to spanish bank account - 23 posts
Quality Spanish Builders in Olvera - 0 posts
Driving to Manilva - 9 posts
residency cedrtificate - 1 posts
Cuban Entertainment Required - 0 posts
If my mum is on benefits can she claim in Spain....???? - 3 posts
CAR FOR SALE - Vauxhall Vectra - 0 posts
All packed and ready for the off! - 13 posts
'I Recommend' .. new thread needed? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x