Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Hi every one,

As i said we're are all set.

We have said our goodbyes to friends and family anyone would think we were leaving for good not 6 months, 

Driven down to Dartmouth and are staying with friends, then we sail to santander on Sunday 1st nov.

Then the long drive to Punta Prima

I am really pleased to be able to get on line here instead of using the frustrating dongle to get connected.

Any tips would be good.

Jeanie.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 1:00 PM by Mr Fish Star rating in Chester / LA. 39 posts Send private message

Hi Jeanie60

What kind of tips are you looking for?

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 1:17 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Jeanie

Sea sick tab's?.  Bay of Biscay can get pretty rough!

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 1:23 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Jeanie60,

My main tip is 'have a great time'.

Other than that, don't leave anything in the car that is visible when you leave the car, and that applies to the UK and here in Spain. And never, ever leave valuables, keys, passports in the car, ever!

Just be 'street savvy' at all times and you will have a great time. Don't give a lift to someone who has "for the 1st time ever left their mobile at home and hasn't got any money to call home". Also, don't allow yourself to get distracted by someone saying you have a flat tyre whilst you are stopped at a petrol station, as someone will nip around the other side and nick stuff from your car.

I'm sure you know this, but this sort of thing needs to be said and applies to UK, Spain, France or wherever as we all want to help people in need, but these people will help themselves to your stuff and don't care about your needs.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Oct 2009 9:21 AM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Thank you,

I remember when you did the trip techno, i followed your progress.

My husband is hoping to  drive all the way i no he can hack it as he was a proffesional driver but i'm thinking it might be too much for me, but we will see, i wont worry about it.

Sea sick pills i have and wrist bands lol.

Tips.....its mainly the drive its the first time we've done it any bad spots to look out for?

Jeanie.

This message was last edited by Jeanie60 on 30/10/2009.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2009 4:36 PM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

Hi Jeane,

We arrived  in Spain a week ago, in a van with our possessions, a dog, and nowhere to go. (after two years of trying to sell our house in Lincoln, and two sales falling through at the last minute, we weren't taking chances of losing even more money) We couldn't get the Spain Ferries, all fully booked, so we drove through France etc, believe me the sea sickness would have been the better option!  We are renting an apartment for a rest, We don't even know yet where we want to live permanently. Will be browsing the forum at leisure for ideas! Don't worry, relax and enjoy the trip. It will soon be over, and even if it isn't brilliant, when you make it,  it will all be worthwhile. Will look forward with interest to hearing how the trip progresses.

Good luck. with kindest thoughts and wishes,

Denise 

Like 0      
31 Oct 2009 5:47 PM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Cheers Denise,

You were brave, but well done.

I will let you know how we went on.

We were just down on dartmouth front watching the fishermen bringing in there catch of the most enormous crab, anyway they were saying they weren't  going out now for 3 days on account of the weather is going to be rough 

But we aren't worried just have to take it as it comes ..maybe shouting hughyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy all the way.

Jeanie.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2009 6:37 PM by pete+magda Star rating in Surrey/los naranjos .... 41 posts Send private message

pete+magda´s avatar

We are leaving Monday for the winter/spring.

We are traveling through France as the Spanish fairies were booked.

We are planing to stay in a couple of places on the way down,haven't decided wear yet.

Probably play it by ear.

Se you in the clover next week!

Like 0      
31 Oct 2009 9:18 PM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

Helloooo Again Jeanie,

Don't worry, even Michael Fish can get the weather reports wrong! If all else fails, have a 'tot' of NightNurse and sleep through most of it!

Denise x

Like 0      
31 Oct 2009 11:55 PM by gillyrd Star rating in Turre and llandrindo.... 5 posts Send private message

We are going on the Plymouth/Santander ferry tomorrow too. Driving down from Llandrindod Wells in the morning.When we get to Spain we will be driving down to Mojacar. This is the fourth time we have driven down Always manage it without having to stop for the night.  Hope the sea isn't too rough. Only ever had one bad crossing, that was last year, (July) coming back to Plymouth. The ferry started rolling as soon as we pulled out of Santander. By the time we were in the BOB it was dreadful. There were people being sick all over the place. Can't understand why they didn't stay in their cabins if they were feeling ill. Never mind I'm sure this crossing will be better.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2009 7:50 PM by diane09 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Wow I cant believe your driving , I cant drive for more than a couple of hours and im nodding off at the wheel which scares the life out of me...so he does all the driving safest way for us.  Good luck anyway.

Diane x

Like 0      
07 Nov 2009 9:21 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Enjoy your time! You aren't far from me as I am in Alameda Del Mar, El Rincon

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
07 Nov 2009 11:13 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar
iDisfrute de su tiempo!
Buena suerte en el viaje y espero que lo disfruten

This message was last edited by Sunrise on 07/11/2009.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
01 Jan 2010 4:27 PM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Hola every one.

Happy new year and i hope you all had a good time.

Just to let you no we are enjoying spain and setteling down nicely.

We have found a house in the Donna pepa urb near Quesada, we think we are very lucky to find this property at such a good price.

We should be all signed up nxt week.

Ive not much time left so have to go, internet cafe.

Be in touch soon.

Jeanie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

'I Recommend' .. new thread needed? - 9 posts
new law about buying a car in spain - 30 posts
How to embed a youtube video in a blog post - 2 posts
Real Madrid beaten 4-0 by pub team - 0 posts
Swimming pool liquid leak sealer - 3 posts
Spanish car subsidy - 2 posts
Spanish Car subsidy - 1 posts
worked wanted - 2 posts
Scooter Wanted. - 1 posts
working as a childminder in la nucia - 1 posts
What do i need to register kids in school in Malaga? Where do i go? - 5 posts
electric and water suppliers in Olvera Andulcia - 0 posts
4 conditions to pay 0 € for IHT in Andalucia - 13 posts
11 months can be a permanent rental contract - 3 posts
Promise of Mortgage Re-payments Reduced - 10 posts
Need as much info about living in Costa Del Sol - want to make friends! - 3 posts
Mobility Scooter - 0 posts
H2O/Countrywide Terracaz de Alcucin problem - 0 posts
Status of Spanish nationals who have not paid into SS system - 7 posts
Bohemian Bankruptcy - 0 posts
Georgia might know the answer to this - 5 posts
A few hours a week?....... - 2 posts
TV for sale - 1 posts
Marlows Fish n Chips, Duquesa - 25 posts
Why have posts been given exotic titles? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x