'I Recommend' .. new thread needed?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

How about an 'I Recommend' thread? It can be difficult (legally) to publicly criticise a service. We all have horror stories to tell. The best way of putting the crooks and the inept out of business is for forums to provide an an 'I Recommend' thread so we can focus on the good guys.

I shall start it off:

I need a new mobile phone / network - like NOW. Any suggestions anyone? - Michael

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 12:11 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I have found Vodafone to have the best coverage.

Just hope you don't need the customer service though.....

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 1:38 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I agree with georgia,

It does seem that Vodafone have the best coverage here in Spain, especially here on the Costa Del Sol

My Spanish mobile which is one Vodaphone always seems to be in signal, but my UK Orange isn't too bad expect inside the house!!?!?!?!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 2:21 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

does that go for dongles as well?

Phil

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 3:04 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

As far as I'm aware Phil, yes!

But I must admit I can... yes I really can... recommend Telefonica for Internet service.

We're on a 6Mb line and I actually get the full whack!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 6:58 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Yes, as TechnoApe (hey, neighbour!), we also have a 6MB ADSL connection (with Telefonica) and whenever I've tested the speed, it has most of the time come up at over 5.25MB - although I would say the upload speed is a bit slow!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 29/10/2009.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 7:22 PM by bakeja Star rating in Manilva. 49 posts Send private message

Que pasa, Mike?  I thought you took out some new mobile broadband contract complete with dongle a couple of months ago?

Advoco Law & Accountancy

Latest article: Guide to Spain's Autonomo System

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 7:40 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

ahhhhhhhhhhhh  caught! Someone isn't reading my original post.  I am looking for a new mobile phone and network but hey, you are right. I did sign up to Vodaphone dongle for my Internet, which has now been in use for eight weeks.

I can't complain about the cost: for as far as I can see they haven't taken anything from my account so I am down only on the first month's payment (45€ made when I signed up. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Not a word from you lot.

Other than that, it is undoubtedly slower than the Telefonica hardwire connection but at 30€ less a month it is a trade-off of sorts. Otherwise it is fine. I would still recommend Vodaphone dongle. Completely portable of course and hardwire cannot compete with that whatever the cost.

The concensus of opinion seems to suggest a Vodaphone mobile phone is the best for me so watch this space everyone. Cheers and have a nice day wherever you are. Mike

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

Like 0      
30 Oct 2009 12:24 AM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

My daughter has a vodofone dongle, 35 a month I think, however you are limited to the amount you download, when the max is reached approx 2/3 hours on the net, it really slows down.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2009 8:12 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

That, jaycee is what I was told. I hunted around experts as to what 3g actually meant and to be honest it simply couldn't be calculated in advance. Mine ran out on day eleven leaving of course 20 days ......

As you might expect I was apprehensive; costs higher or seriously slower service? I was assured by a neighbour who's on it to simply ignore the 'over limit' sign; there would be no difference to service, speed or cost.

He was right. The only downside is that compared to hardwire connection it is slower anyway. But I still use it professionally. I hope it will get better as the competition in the industry heats up.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new law about buying a car in spain - 30 posts
How to embed a youtube video in a blog post - 2 posts
Real Madrid beaten 4-0 by pub team - 0 posts
Swimming pool liquid leak sealer - 3 posts
Spanish car subsidy - 2 posts
Spanish Car subsidy - 1 posts
worked wanted - 2 posts
Scooter Wanted. - 1 posts
working as a childminder in la nucia - 1 posts
What do i need to register kids in school in Malaga? Where do i go? - 5 posts
electric and water suppliers in Olvera Andulcia - 0 posts
4 conditions to pay 0 € for IHT in Andalucia - 13 posts
11 months can be a permanent rental contract - 3 posts
Promise of Mortgage Re-payments Reduced - 10 posts
Need as much info about living in Costa Del Sol - want to make friends! - 3 posts
Mobility Scooter - 0 posts
H2O/Countrywide Terracaz de Alcucin problem - 0 posts
Status of Spanish nationals who have not paid into SS system - 7 posts
Bohemian Bankruptcy - 0 posts
Georgia might know the answer to this - 5 posts
A few hours a week?....... - 2 posts
TV for sale - 1 posts
Marlows Fish n Chips, Duquesa - 25 posts
Why have posts been given exotic titles? - 2 posts
Karaoke Player - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x