comments welcome..................................

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All,

I know flying close to the sun on a commercial aspect here but i want some valued opinions.

I have just about finished a new rental site and wanted to know what people think and how to improve it or add content and function.

All comments gratefully accepted.......

www.propertyrentalscostablanca.com  

This message was last edited by georgia on 30/10/2009.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2009 11:07 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi Georgia

I have just had a quick look at your website and can give you the following comments:-

The overall apearance is good.

The rental search function does not appear to be working.

The details of the rental properties in not as comprehensive as I would expect.

When pictures are selected you have to move up the screen to view them.

only 6 rental properties are displayed on 1 page, nothing worse than having to keep going to the next page

Hope these comments help

Two questions, do you provide a marketing only option, as we have a keyholder who does our changeovers, and will you be including short term rental properties?

Overall there is a good feel to the site with easy navigation

regards

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 5:05 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Peter and Anne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.

I have addressed some issues today and will have the rest done by the end of the week.

The answer to your question is "yes" we do a market only option on the website.

Many Thanks

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 5:27 PM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

summer1010´s avatar

Hi Georgia

I work in a prestigious property consultancy in the UK, where we have to be qualified surveyors and members of RICS to market commercial properties,  so I hope my comments might be of some worth to you. 

Your aim should be to make yourself look as professional as possible.  The first thing I would do is to improve the quality of the photos on your website - they all appear a bit blurred.  Secondly your office premises appear to be hidden away.  You could do with another sign on the side of the building so that people coming from that side of the street know who you are and those looking for you, know where you are.  The big sign on the wall should ideally be above the door and you could do with another large window to give you more frontage, either next to the entrance door, or round the corner.  You need more exposure.

Don't hide yourself away!  Good luck.

www.golfapartment.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 5:41 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Summer,

I was only really asking for comments on the website as its new and want to make it as user friendly as possible but thanks for the comments anyway.

I was also an agent in the UK for 13 years so know where you are coming from......

We do have big signs on both outside walls,the one on the wall you mentioned is 20 foot long so we have that covered and the other one is 2 foot from the front door.

Most people know where we are as we are very well established here.

I want to pick peoples brains about how to create a near perfect rental website,my experience is in sales so it is a learning curve...

We had a problem with pictures as resizing them made them a little blurry but we are on the case now.....

I have not touched rentals in six years now but we are getting so inundated with enquiries that we we are taking it on and don't want to do anything half cocked!!

Thanks for the input,all comments are welcome

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 7:58 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia

I have always maintained people should test their websites on me because I am a complete technophobe and if it works for me it will work for anyone!

Your website is easy to understand and navigate but I think the properties could be better displayed, a couple of other property websites I look at which I think display the properties very well are frenchproperty.com and urbanbases.com.

Good luck with it.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
03 Nov 2009 10:34 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi georgia

I'm not in a position to comment on the design of anyone else's website as my own design skills are pretty poor.  So I'll give you some of my comments form a usability and search engine point of view. 

The crux of the website is really the search facility and listings and this I think needs some major attention.

Let's start with the search form...

Which items in the search form are required?  You should put a little asterix beside the compulsory fields.

The property ID field should go at the bottom of the form instead of the top.

For category, there is only 1 category so you should remove this option until you have more categories available.

For min and max price you should put actual ranges that people can select.  At the moment they can input anything and there is no validation to see if someone has put in a Euro symbol of somthing which should be there.

Bedrooms should also be a drop down where people select the number.

And finally, no matter what I put in the search boxes I always get 0 results!  Something isn't working properly there.

Moving on to the actual properties themselves.....

The big problem here is that you have ALL your properties in frames.  This is like a webpage within a webpage.  It means that the search engines can't see your most important content, i.e., your listings!  You should really get this changed as using frames is very bad practice.

Also, on the properties themselves you should have an enquiry form instead of an email address as forms yield a far greater number of enquiries.

Anyway, hope's that's helpful.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Nov 2009 12:14 PM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

summer1010´s avatar

Hi Georgia

with all this advice, your website is going to look stunning!  Just a small point of presentation - the boxes entitled 'Renter's - click here' - and 'Owner's click here'  - you don't need the apostrophes!

regards

www.golfapartment.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Nov 2009 12:19 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Wow.....comments from the master himself......

As the owner of one of the best sites on the web i appreciate the comments.

My IT guy has just fell off his chair but give me a month (or him) and it will be sorted.....

Many Thanks

Edited to say thanks to summer for your comments also.....

This message was last edited by georgia on 03/11/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I RECOMMEND - Shave Saves - 0 posts
Moving to Andalucia - 0 posts
FOR SALE : VW TOUAREG 4X4 - 0 posts
How to transfer small sums of money to spanish bank account - 23 posts
Quality Spanish Builders in Olvera - 0 posts
Driving to Manilva - 9 posts
residency cedrtificate - 1 posts
Cuban Entertainment Required - 0 posts
If my mum is on benefits can she claim in Spain....???? - 3 posts
CAR FOR SALE - Vauxhall Vectra - 0 posts
All packed and ready for the off! - 13 posts
'I Recommend' .. new thread needed? - 9 posts
new law about buying a car in spain - 30 posts
How to embed a youtube video in a blog post - 2 posts
Real Madrid beaten 4-0 by pub team - 0 posts
Swimming pool liquid leak sealer - 3 posts
Spanish car subsidy - 2 posts
Spanish Car subsidy - 1 posts
worked wanted - 2 posts
Scooter Wanted. - 1 posts
working as a childminder in la nucia - 1 posts
What do i need to register kids in school in Malaga? Where do i go? - 5 posts
electric and water suppliers in Olvera Andulcia - 0 posts
4 conditions to pay 0 € for IHT in Andalucia - 13 posts
11 months can be a permanent rental contract - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x