Status of Spanish nationals who have not paid into SS system

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

The standard advice is:

Spain has a public (national) health system which provides free or low cost health care for those contributing to Spanish social security systems and their dependents.

What is the status of a person born in Spain who has made no financial contributions, through being a housewife, or illness, or in some other manner naver actually taken paid employment?

Are these people denied healthcare? The answer is no. ]

Therefore, I am wondering what the basis of denying the same to other EU citizens who relocate to Spain is?

Andy

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 11:59 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

If the spouse is paying into the system it covers the whole family,before my wife worked she was covered by my contributions as a dependant.

I am not sure about other areas but in my municpality EU Citizens are not descriminated against...

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 1:03 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

I am yet to see any human being being denied treatment! Payment is a different matter, I can assure that that unless a member of your family pays into the system you are not in title to it and you will have to pay. Take into account that even when you are on unemplyment benefit or income support in Spain you are still contributing to the social secutiry.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 8:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think Joan has probably answered this - the likelihood of a Spaniard born and raised in Spain not being in the system (as a dependent) is fairly low. Once you're in the system, even if you have not "actively" contributed, you're in nevertheless. Much as in the UK - once you have your NI number and are in the system, even if you leave school and never get a job, you're in the system.

If you arrive in Spain from another EU country, under pensionable age, but do not enter the SS system through some form of contribution, how do you get in? You don't. That's Spains policy, and so far, the EU presumably does not have the power to overrule it.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 9:48 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

If you are a UK pensioner you can get an E121 form, complete it and take it to the social and voila! You are now in the Spanish SS system and in title to free healthcare! They just dont tell you if you do not ask!

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 7:59 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

If you arrive in Spain from another EU country, under pensionable age, but do not enter the SS system through some form of contribution, how do you get in? You don't. That's Spains policy, and so far, the EU presumably does not have the power to overrule it.

Any illegal immigrant is entitled to it and any other person who has no entitlement in their own,or any other EC country.

"Extranjeros Titular sin Recursos" it's called.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 7:19 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

guslopez: with or without pension in the country of origin?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 11:08 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

Hi Maria, Without , under retirement age with no entitlement elsewhere.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bohemian Bankruptcy - 0 posts
Georgia might know the answer to this - 5 posts
A few hours a week?....... - 2 posts
TV for sale - 1 posts
Marlows Fish n Chips, Duquesa - 25 posts
Why have posts been given exotic titles? - 2 posts
Karaoke Player - 0 posts
FILM BOOK Collection FOR SALE - 0 posts
CD Collection FOR SALE - 0 posts
advice appreciated - 4 posts
Toldos/awnings - 0 posts
Justin & EOS team - forum rules are being broken - 8 posts
Ochando Golf Resort - 1 posts
Ripped Pergola Covers... - 1 posts
advice needed for renting my property - 8 posts
Seat Ibiza Low KMS FOR SALE - 1 posts
Wanted: 3-month min let in Los Alcazares starting next week! - 1 posts
EMPTY PROPERTY???? FREE ON-SITE SECURITY - 0 posts
Don't forget... Clocks go back tonight!!! - 1 posts
Confiscated iron - 0 posts
EOS Webcam - 1 posts
Legal requirements for mucians - 0 posts
role of the administrator - 1 posts
Estate Agents Commission - 50 posts
Quality Cast Iron Woodburners in Spain ? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x