advice appreciated

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by kat09 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi I have just joined this web site and would really  appreciate some advice

For the past seven years my husband and I have lived in Cyprus, however we now feel ready for a change and the Mojacar and surrounding areas looks good so far.

Can anyone please give advice on this area .

We have had a great time in Cyprus and although like most places it has its problems we have manged to overcome most things and just got on with making a decent life here, however its a very small island and  flight prices are now through the roof  making travel to other places a very expensive business.

Even family have struggled to visit this year due to cost  of travel and the cost of living is now out of controll.

We fully appreciate Spain has its own problems financially but at least flights are more competitive  and travel time from the Uk is quicker.

Can anyone recommend a good rental agent as we intend to rent for the first 6 months to get a good feel for the area.

Many thanks for any help and advice.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2009 12:27 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi and welcome to Eye on Spain.

I understand your reasons for wanting to leave Cyprus and Spain is certainly attractive in terms of the number of flights and the great prices you can get if you book early.

I don't know the area that you are hoping to move to but check out the long term rentals Spain section of this website.  I'm sure you'll find something of itnerest there.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Oct 2009 2:37 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

It is a very attractive area and one of the quietest of the Spanisg Costas-reckoned to have the best all round weather in mainland Europe

I am a bit biased as our winter home is near Huercal Overa which is circ 20 mins inland

Property prices are in general reasonable and of course just now those on the market are available at a discount- CAM Bank  repossession properties are for example 30% discounts and mortgages of 80% loan to value for non residents

Where I am a 2 bed villa on 200 m2 plot is asking price 139.000 € and a 3 bed 185.000 € or closer to the sea in Palomares there is a distressed 2  bed duplex for sale at 115.000 € or new ready now 2 bed apartments @ 120.000 € - this is just a guide

Mojacar PLaya is a bit more expensive but living costs away from the coast are also very competitive

I can let you have a file of photos of the area which will give you a better idea-this is a sample

This is the western end of  MojacarPlaya

I do not deal in rentals but if you Google you will find some

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 26/10/2009.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2009 7:17 PM by kat09 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thank you both for your replys.

I would be very interested in the further photos you have available.

Thank you once again .

Like 0      
26 Oct 2009 8:00 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

You will have to get in touch  via my signature for me to send them to you-you can not send PM yet as you are new to EOS

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Toldos/awnings - 0 posts
Justin & EOS team - forum rules are being broken - 8 posts
Ochando Golf Resort - 1 posts
Ripped Pergola Covers... - 1 posts
advice needed for renting my property - 8 posts
Seat Ibiza Low KMS FOR SALE - 1 posts
Wanted: 3-month min let in Los Alcazares starting next week! - 1 posts
EMPTY PROPERTY???? FREE ON-SITE SECURITY - 0 posts
Don't forget... Clocks go back tonight!!! - 1 posts
Confiscated iron - 0 posts
EOS Webcam - 1 posts
Legal requirements for mucians - 0 posts
role of the administrator - 1 posts
Estate Agents Commission - 50 posts
Quality Cast Iron Woodburners in Spain ? - 1 posts
Message for "Ken" - 5 posts
Traditional Spanish Antique Furniture Auctions/ shops ? - 0 posts
Of interest for anyone living in Alicante or Murcia regions and wanting an interesting day out! - 0 posts
Gas Heater - 3 posts
Double sofa bed - 0 posts
Marin dor off plan in Tamesna morocco - 40 posts
Breach Of Contract - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Pump for Sale - 0 posts
Villa with large garden wanted for long term rental - 5 posts
Corvera Airport - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x