Marlows Fish n Chips, Duquesa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by cazmar Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Well what can i say Marlows fish n chips the best in town.

I really don't undertand the hype about peggoty's why pay way over the odds for food that don't taste as nice as marlow's i mean the service is better at marlows the staff are frendlier why on earth would i spend a fortune on a fish supper at peggoty's when i can eat at Marlows.

and as for Sunday lunch well i havn't had a tastier Sunday Lunch since i moved here, it was the children who decided they wanted to eat at Marlows on Sunday n yes i can safley say they made the best choice and at a great value for money especialy with the money situation being as it is at  the minute, especially there menu del dia 8.50 for a fantastic meal including a side order and a drink, personaly i think with money being so tight at the moment you would be silly to eat anywhere else.

Marlows Fish and Chips are situated above Euroski in Duquesa, for visitors to the area or people that live here there is a takeaway option if you fancy a night in front of the TV or a fantastic Restaurant for a very nice evening out, the staff are fantastic and very helpful nothing is top much trouble for them.

if you want ENGLISH FISH AND CHIPS have them cooked by an ENGLISH man who know what he is doing.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 9:03 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I couldn't agree more.  Finest fish and chips for miles.

I was disappointed with Peggotys recently as they are using frozen chips whilst Marlows make their own "home-made" chips.

We took Maria de Castro and family there recently and they loved it too.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 10:04 AM by bluenude Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

If your are further up the coast towards Malaga there is an excellent fish and chip shop in Fuengirola called "Crispy Cod". Best fish and chips i have ever tasted! my kids absolutely love it there. They always insist on visiting when we are over. Again English owner who actually imports the potatoes from England to give that same taste. In fact i think they are better than any chips shops back home.

I too went to Peggotys once and it was something like 16 euros for fish and chips where at the Crispy Cod they start at 6 euros. Plus its in a nicer location being right on the sea front.  

You can find the Crispy Cod in front of Hotel Pirimedes and opposite a churringito called Gali Gali. This is at the castle end of the Paseo Maritimo.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 10:48 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I used to tell everyone who used my apartment to go to Marlows, but now I don't recommend them after our last visit, there was only three of us and we went on an afternoon, five minutes before opening time, and how rude where the staff!!!!!!!!!,  we had to go for a walk to come back 15 mins later and the little waitress was so rude we nearly walked out, it wasn't as if it was packed there was only our table and one more, also I think their prices are getting very steep, so none of us will be going back there.  Fish and chips are nothing to shout about and it pays you to still shop around, I have stopped recommending places now as they are good one week and rubbish the next.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 12:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I know what you mean about the prices Maureen, although I think they have come down slightly again.

bluenude, we have tried the Crispy Cod in Fuengirola and can vouch that not only was the food excellent, the service was too.  And the price and location were perfect!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 1:40 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

We had a takeaway from Marlow's Friday night and all we can say is.....

YUM!!!

The Mrs had Cod 'n Chips and I had Battered Sausage 'n Chips plus their scrummy curry sauce.

Also, the prices have dropped back down now 'cause it's out of season (everyone puts their prices up during summer).

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 2:13 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Still won't go back.  They are right at the bottom of my list.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 5:53 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

I know what you mean, Maureen, about the welcome or lack of it. Food is OK but ' Thanks for calling, see you again' would be a nice gesture on the way out, instead of the blank looks!!

Regards

John

Like 0      
17 Mar 2010 10:52 PM by skt Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

We tried this restuarant three times over a period from June 2009 to October 2009. We ate in the restauant once and had two take aways. Lets just say that we will never eat anything from there again, the worst fish and chips we've ever tasted.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2010 11:09 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

We've had two take-outs from Marlows and must admit the general consensus was average!  The mushy peas were really not nice and the fish was very dry.  Although our son loved the chicken!  But can't say we'll be going back.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 10:27 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It really is a shame.  When they first opened up the quality was very good.  Then portions starting getting smaller and taste starting going down too.

I think I'll stick with the Crispy Cod in Fuengirola instead, just got to get off the diet first!

Justin

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 6:33 PM by mcdona Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

any estepona recomends?

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 8:42 PM by Tolly99 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

The other side of Estepona  is Pegottys - food is tasty - portions a little on the large size - but you can share if you are'nt feeling really hungry

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 8:46 PM by Tolly99 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

just a thought - if you are looking for other types of restuarants - La Pampa is always good, if you like steak la casa de mi abuela is good, swing on the outskirts of Estepona (opposite the Elba hotel) is really nice and there are loads of good tapas bars

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 10:59 PM by skt Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hi there Tolly99.

it would be great if you could give some directions for La Pampa and la casa mi abuela. I've driven passed Swing and have never got round to trying it. What kind of food do they serve and what price range? I will give it a go when I'm back out in April. We love El Estribo in Sabinillas for steak. It's really good, we've never had a bad meal. La Casona is also very good on the main road between Sabinillas and Estepona.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 1:17 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Do Marlows still charge 5.50€ for take away fish and chips or have they put their prices up now we are heading into the peak season?

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 6:11 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Marlows fish and chips are now very small portions and they are not very nice, we don't go there now.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 6:24 PM by jad511 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

We always go to Marlows when we visit Duquesa , when we were there 3 weeks ago we really enjoyed  the fish and chips and I had cheesecake which was delicious.  The waitress always remembers us and the service is always good.  Look forward to our next visit in June.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 10:29 PM by Jerry Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

skt

La Pampa is excellent. Go into Estepona from west past the Port to the main roundabout. Turn left and go up to the next lights. Look to the right and you should see a roof level sign for La Pampa.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 10:36 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

What sort of food does La Pampa serve?

If you want fish and chips to eat in (not take away) the only place I would recommend (personally) in Manilva is C-Bar in Duquesa Port!  We don't visit the port too often, but the fish and chips at C-Bar is excellent.  I've recently heard they've got a new menu and am hoping that they still have fish & chips on the menu - best I've tasted in a long time anywhere!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Why have posts been given exotic titles? - 2 posts
Karaoke Player - 0 posts
FILM BOOK Collection FOR SALE - 0 posts
CD Collection FOR SALE - 0 posts
advice appreciated - 4 posts
Toldos/awnings - 0 posts
Justin & EOS team - forum rules are being broken - 8 posts
Ochando Golf Resort - 1 posts
Ripped Pergola Covers... - 1 posts
advice needed for renting my property - 8 posts
Seat Ibiza Low KMS FOR SALE - 1 posts
Wanted: 3-month min let in Los Alcazares starting next week! - 1 posts
EMPTY PROPERTY???? FREE ON-SITE SECURITY - 0 posts
Don't forget... Clocks go back tonight!!! - 1 posts
Confiscated iron - 0 posts
EOS Webcam - 1 posts
Legal requirements for mucians - 0 posts
role of the administrator - 1 posts
Estate Agents Commission - 50 posts
Quality Cast Iron Woodburners in Spain ? - 1 posts
Message for "Ken" - 5 posts
Traditional Spanish Antique Furniture Auctions/ shops ? - 0 posts
Of interest for anyone living in Alicante or Murcia regions and wanting an interesting day out! - 0 posts
Gas Heater - 3 posts
Double sofa bed - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x