For sale - flights Gatwick-Murcia-Gatwick (dep 25 May return 2 June)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2009 12:00 AM by randall129 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello all,

We were booked to go to our friends' apartment for the week of the school holidays but have had to cancel for personal reasons.  Unfortunately these reasons are not covered in our travel insurance.  We have Easyjet flights departing Gatwick on 25 May at 10.30 a.m. returning Tuesday 2 June at 16.30. 

The tickets are for two adults, a child and an infant (so only three seats not four).  I presume the child ticket could be upgraded to an adult ticket if necessary.  The flight is completely sold out.  Ticket changes cost £22.50 per change.  We paid £363 for all of them plus £24 for two hold bags.

I would like to recoup as much of the cost as possible but would be willing to negotiate on the cost if anyone is interested.

Thank you for reading.

cheryl randall

Like 0      
06 May 2009 12:56 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

In February we looked into 'selling' some Easyjet flights we couldn't use to some friends, but not only did you have to pay the name change fee, but if the fare paid at time of booking was now higher you would have to pay the increase, although if it was now cheaper,of course you wouldn't get a refund! In our case this would have made the flights very expensive.

Like 0      
06 May 2009 1:53 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

If the flight is completely sold out I think you will have real problems trying to move them on. As the previous person says besides the name change per person per flight you have to pay the increase in the fare which you can't determine if it is sold out. You might be better moving them to a date where you can go.

Like 0      
07 May 2009 10:47 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Just checked the latest price. £530.58 inc 2 suitcases. Leaves Gatwick 12.30 and leaves Murcia 1630.

Like 0      
07 May 2009 11:35 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Agree

with Kev why not ask your friends who own the apartment if they wish to

a) choose when they are going out next

b) check costs of those flights then "transfer" names etc

I recently had to change a one way flight from Glasgow to Stanstead 5 times in one day (long story involving mother in law!) eventually my brain kicked in and i simply gave up initial flight cost and simply booked a brand new one as overall it was less expensive!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
07 May 2009 1:32 PM by sneha Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Cheryl

I could be interested. Plese indicate what you would accept?
Arthur

Like 0      
08 May 2009 10:59 AM by randall129 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for all your responses. Sorry not to respond sooner but my daughter has been ill all week with croup so everything has taken a back seat. 

I might have guessed Sleazyjet would make it difficult.  Will have to look into it further to see if it is worthwhile or just take the loss.  I can't see us being able to go in the foreseeable future, certainly not in the next few months and I'm not sure how far ahead we would be able to change the booking to.

Arthur, thank you for your response.  I will find out exactly how much this is all going to cost and will send you a personal message to let you know if it is going to be worthwhile.

We may just have to take the knock on this one, although I really hope we don't.

Thank you everyone for your very good advice.

cheryl

Like 0      
08 May 2009 1:45 PM by randall129 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Wow.  To change the names on the flights is going to cost £303.  We also can't change date far enough ahead to be able to go.

We can claim airport taxes back though, which is just under £60.

Looks like we take the knock on this one. 

Thanks to all for responding.

cheryl

p.s. Arthur, I tried to send you a personal message but as I am new it had to be authorised so thought it was easier just to respond here.  Thanks for your interest.

Like 0      
08 May 2009 2:31 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I knew it was not going to be easy thing to do. We had this a couple of years back. We decided in the end to change the tickets and got flights to Venice and went there for a long weekend. Have to say it was a most wonderful weekend!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

At last we have ALL posts of each member back - 2 posts
Van Wanted - 3 posts
Gardeners - Who Pays? - 1 posts
doplin managent rip opff - 0 posts
Confused - 3 posts
LFO resale question - 6 posts
How is the current economic climate affecting Spain? - 2 posts
Golf at Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Post-completion problems - 1 posts
Holiday rental required Benalmadena or Fuengirola - 1 posts
Dictatorship or what?? - 17 posts
Builders Water Supply - 8 posts
rentals - 15 posts
Make sure you get all your appliance guarantees - 0 posts
Collecting Certificate of Habitation from Town Hall - 1 posts
Does a bank guarantee allow us to successfully reclaim back the deposit we've paid? - 6 posts
KIDS QUAD BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
Want to swap Costa de la Luz apartment for property in South West UK - 1 posts
Tooway, The way Forward - 0 posts
We have not signed our contract. Is it still legal ? - 12 posts
It's back..... Part 2 - 9 posts
small claims court - 4 posts
small claims court - 3 posts
Royal Doulton Dinner Service - 5 posts
Hi everyone, yet another newbie in deep doo-doo - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x