Collecting Certificate of Habitation from Town Hall

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2009 12:00 AM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar
Can anyone help?

I obtained the Escritura for my new build property and paid in full in September 2008. I have now been informed that the Habitation Certificate is available for my property (confirmed via the Ayuntamianto website).

However, the builder is refusing to hand this over until I pay him a back-dated 'community fee' of €200 per month, totaling €1400 and counting.

There is no official community at the moment - a meeting is being held this coming weekend to form an official committee with a proper voting process - the builder just decided on this arbitrary figure himself.

One resolution to this is to circumvent the builder and obtain the necessary paperwork directly from source. My question for the forum is, how do I obtain my Habitation Certificate without involving the developer?

I also understand that to connect to Iberdrola etc. that I will need 'Boletins' confirming that the utility installations are fit for purpose. Can someone please inform me of the best course of action to obtain these, again without involving the builder?

Like 0      
04 May 2009 11:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'm sure you can obtain a copy of the certificate from the town hall planning department (urbanismo). You will probably have to submit a written request on a form provided by them (in Spanish) and there may be a nominal fee to pay. Do you have a representative in Spain to do this for you? Perhaps the lawyer who handled your purchase?

As for the boletins for the water and electric, the builder must have them. I don't know about the legalities of them handing them over - I would have thought they are obliged to do so, but if they're holding you to ransom over the non-community fees, maybe best to consult your legal advisor on this as well. Alternatively, you could try talking to the utility companies and explaining the situation. As it's a new build, they may already have copies of the boletins. I really don't know. Worse case scenario, I suppose you would have to pay for boletins from certified professionals yourself. For the electric, you're looking at maybe €150. Don't know about the water.

Hope this helps a bit. Hopefully someone else will have some more input.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Does a bank guarantee allow us to successfully reclaim back the deposit we've paid? - 6 posts
KIDS QUAD BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
Want to swap Costa de la Luz apartment for property in South West UK - 1 posts
Tooway, The way Forward - 0 posts
We have not signed our contract. Is it still legal ? - 12 posts
It's back..... Part 2 - 9 posts
small claims court - 4 posts
small claims court - 3 posts
Royal Doulton Dinner Service - 5 posts
Hi everyone, yet another newbie in deep doo-doo - 20 posts
Forum Help - 10 posts
driving on someones insurance - 0 posts
Decisions, decisions - 3 posts
Community Pools - 3 posts
Lawyer not providing final costings after completion. - 3 posts
It's BACK.......... - 20 posts
Builders Water Supply - 0 posts
Great 2bed 2,5 bath large apartment to rent in Casares - 0 posts
Form 214 vs 210 - 0 posts
Comunidad through EOS - 1 posts
buying beds - 2 posts
Now for the good part!!!! - 7 posts
10-year new-build guarantee (not!) - 8 posts
Paradores - 0 posts
May day - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x