Receiving a PM - help needed please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi Peeps

I wonder if anyone can help me.  Up until a couple of days ago I had the 'send a private message to .......' facility when I posted anything on the forum but it has suddenly disappeared as you can probably see.  Does anyone know how I can get it back ?

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 5:54 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

It is still there from what i can see.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 6:14 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Still there for me. Are you not receiving them or unable to send them? If you are reading the forum whilst not logged in, the link will not show. It could happen if you read a blog and contine to the forums in the new window that has opened.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 6:17 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi Scampie/Jan/Pat/Roy

Apparently i am told it is there but I am not able to see it.  Jan (Pitby) and Pat/Roy have PM'd me and it could be something to do with the browser I am using.  I am going to now clear my cache of messages and try posting again later to see if that makes any difference.  It is just strange because it was there up until a couple of days ago.

Thanks for your replies folks it is much appreciated.  (these computers do baffle me at times).

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 6:23 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi Mark

All I can see at this end is 'edit this message' instead of the 'send private message'  I am able to receive messages still as I have found out since asking for help.

I appreciate your replies - thanks.

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 6:53 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Chrissie

"Send Private Message" does not appear under your name when you make a post, on the basis that you would never send a PM to yourself. The only option on your own posts is "Edit Post".

"Send Private Message" will appear in all other posts so that you can contact other members.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 7:23 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Noreen et al

I understand what you are saying Noreen but when I look back onto the forum afer i have posted it just brings up my name Chrissie1 and my Avatar (the sunflower) and then where it used to say 'send a private message' there is nothing I could swear there was something there even a couple of days ago. I'm beginning to think I'm going around the twist. Sorry to be a pain.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 8:29 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi again

I would just like to say thank you very much to you all for your help and advice.  You are the best. Feels like I'm amongst friends.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ATMs at Alicante Airport? - 3 posts
Christmas Trees... - 3 posts
Taxes in Costaluz according to Aristotles. - 0 posts
Xmas request? - 0 posts
3-4 Month Property rental needed - 5 posts
Santander - 4 posts
summer holidays - 10 posts
house swap - 0 posts
Cheap phone calls in UK and abroad - 14 posts
house swap - 2 posts
Quality, Affordable Builder in Costa tropical region. All you building needs. Fluent Spanish - 0 posts
Stunning Off plan development/ plot of land for sale Jete/Almunecar Costa tropical - 0 posts
pub style or similar pool table wanted south spain - 0 posts
Getting a TV to spain - 13 posts
Mortgage rates in Spain have they come down? will they come down? when? - 12 posts
Is telemicro back? - 10 posts
stray dogs Granada - 4 posts
pilurini - 0 posts
Setting up a (very!) limited company? - 2 posts
Iberdrola charges? - 20 posts
Just Testing - 0 posts
can you help? - 2 posts
Box Van Trailer Wanted - 0 posts
translation of community rules document - 2 posts
Nationwide and the nonsense they peddle!! - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x