Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by beadso Star rating. 128 posts Send private message

hi

im going for maybe 4-6 weeks in the summer to murcia and i was wondering could people please give me ideas on what to do. i have a young family  and would be interested in anything within a couple of hours driving.

thank you

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 8:46 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Torrevieja aqua park is a good bet for my kids - gets busy in the summer tho so get there when the gates open & bag a place under a tree for shade

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 9:13 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

How young is young?  Babies, Toddlers or up to Teenagers?  Just asking so people could probably advise a little better as there are plenty of places which cater for different ages. 

Regards

Edited to say:

You could start here:

http://www.yougodo.com/en/Search.aspx?l=2513416&cc=ES&gclid=CLXSj73u-pcCFQbdlAodV0goDQ

This message was last edited by bobaol on 1/6/2009.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 9:18 PM by beadso Star rating. 128 posts Send private message

sorry. i have from 2 to 7 but my  brothers  kids are teenagers

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 9:28 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Torrevieja Aqua Park may be a bit hectic for the younger ones.  It is great for teenagers, though.

There is another one at Quesada which is straight up the AP7 from Murcia and is suitable for all ages.  Also one at La Siesta (Called the Flamingo) which is great for younger ones and suits up to about age 11, plus it is cheap.

Plenty of horse riding in the area which could appeal to the older ones.  My grandaughter has been going horse riding each year since she was 8 (now 10) but had previous experience in UK.

I know of a go-kart track on the N332 in Playa Flamenca.  The new underwater archaeological centre in Cartagena is well worth a visit and even impressed my 13 year old grandson.

Also lots of fishing available (lake) at Torremendo which is also a great area for walking and hiring out a boat.

4 to 6 weeks is a long time to keep them occupied.  Safari Park at Elche (nearer to Santa Pola than Elche) OK for a day out.  About 2 to 3 hours drive to Terra Mitica (near Benidorm). 

HTH

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 9:32 PM by beadso Star rating. 128 posts Send private message

thank you very much. it is long enough thats why i need as many ideas as possible. more would be appreciated

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 9:48 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Espinardo now has a big water park with slides and a lazy river.  Part of the Terra Natura zoo it is called Aqua Natura.  Open every day in July, August from 10am to 10pm.  Terra Natura is €16 for adults and €10 for kids and senior citizens.  Don't know how much the Aqua Natura is because it is new (just opened).  Take exit 136 off the A30 Cartagena/Murcia road and it is well signposted (next to the university).  Then there's the spa at Archena (sp?) which is fun.  Hot springs, jacuzzis, nice town with stunning views over the valley from the springs.

Well, that lot should last you a week, anyway.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 9:50 PM by beadso Star rating. 128 posts Send private message

just another 4 to go maybe lol

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 9:59 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi, do a forum search on Cave house in Rojales, might interest the older children.

Pat

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 8:23 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Lorca very good for a day out. particularly the castle.

Also a visit to the guns at Mazarron. was much better when we thought they were part of the film Guns of Navarone but very impressive. Take torches if you want see the tunnels underneath. Think they may be closed off now though.

There is also Mini Hollywood in Almeria where spagetti westerns made. Bit of a cowboy show with buildings. Also a zoo and a swimming pool with little water slides. 

Jean

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 8:54 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

beadso I go for a similar amount of time in the summer (Roda?) with my teenagers but also take younger ones occasionally. For the last couple of years there has been a fair at the bottom of the hill which was more aimed at younger children but the older ones enjoyed the dodgems. There's also a go-kart track on the road from San Javier airport which is popular. The circus also arrives sometime during the summer in LA.

My daughter also enjoys horse riding & has been several times to the stables near Los Belones but the horses are quite frisky & you need to be a competent rider (also the flies are a nightmare LOL).

My teenagers love Torre aqua park & even our 5 year old had fun but it's not a cheap day out & we tend to visit only once a season. Have a look at  www.torreviejainformation.com/torrevieja-water-park/ Hope the link works but if not you get the general idea :)

To be honest last year in July it was so hot nobody moved far from the pool though

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

house swap - 0 posts
Cheap phone calls in UK and abroad - 14 posts
house swap - 2 posts
Quality, Affordable Builder in Costa tropical region. All you building needs. Fluent Spanish - 0 posts
Stunning Off plan development/ plot of land for sale Jete/Almunecar Costa tropical - 0 posts
pub style or similar pool table wanted south spain - 0 posts
Getting a TV to spain - 13 posts
Mortgage rates in Spain have they come down? will they come down? when? - 12 posts
Is telemicro back? - 10 posts
stray dogs Granada - 4 posts
pilurini - 0 posts
Setting up a (very!) limited company? - 2 posts
Iberdrola charges? - 20 posts
Just Testing - 0 posts
can you help? - 2 posts
Box Van Trailer Wanted - 0 posts
translation of community rules document - 2 posts
Nationwide and the nonsense they peddle!! - 5 posts
3 KINGS PARADE - 15 posts
Rental needed short and long term - 0 posts
Guests to avoid... - 8 posts
Has anyone got experience of getting their deposit back through their solicitor with or without a 'bank guarentee'? - 2 posts
Good restraunts in Fuengirola - 10 posts
Internet in Vera, Almeria - 21 posts
Spectrum radio and the agents advertising - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x