Re-location

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by yorkiesurf Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,wonder if anyone can help,my wife and I are wanting to move to spain,to live and work.We want to go to Region around Nerja,which we love.We would have to work,to earn a living,as I have been a gardener all my life,we are both 48,we have been working as a couple,looking after property's ie my wife is a housekeeper,and I am an estate manager which involves everything.
Anyone ideas to get into this type of work please.
                                                                              Thanks Tony.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 3:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Seems lots of husband & wives moving to Spain are doing this (whether they know anything about it is totally another thing). 

Good luck.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2008 12:13 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi, and welcome to the forum - I hope you find lots of information to help in your move.

There are so many people looking after properties whether on a legal basis through a properly formed company or just 'helping out friends' that I think you will find it a highly competitive market in most areas. Even smaller areas will already have someone who is predominant in the area and so you may find it difficult to get into. Maybe trying to form some association with a local agent for referral business may be an angle to consider along with good advertising. Many agents local to us also deal with holiday lettings as well as maintenance. You may also need to consider whether the properties would have pools to maintain as again the majority of our local maintenance people also do pool maintenance as well as gardens and cleaning, and I would imagine most owners would want a one-stop-shop.

I wish you well in your plans to move, it is a massive decision but one we have no regrets about.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2008 10:22 AM by yorkiesurf Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Jacqui,thank-you for your advice.We know it would be a massive step,but hope we would be prepared for that.
How long have you lived out there,and what part of Spain are you in.
We would have to rent,which after looking into it,it is a lot cheaper to rent property than in England,we also have 2 dogs,which are already passported,there bags have been packed awhile now.
We go to nerja a lot,and would find it easier to settle there,as we know it very well,and know a few people now.
Look forward to hearing from you again.                  Tony.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easyjet at Alicante..............terminal 2 - 6 posts
Telimicro GONE - 212 posts
Spanish/English Wills - 18 posts
New member "SNOW" - 1 posts
Latest photos - 2 posts
Long Let Security against bad tenants - 4 posts
walking groups in costa blanca - 7 posts
Ryanair Debit/Credit Card Charges - 108 posts
Disappeared - 11 posts
More Community Problems - 30 posts
Driving schools near Coín?! - 8 posts
jean oldham - 7 posts
Any advice on this one please? - 105 posts
Oooops.....Pink Combat shorts!!! - 6 posts
A good Abogado in the Manilva area. - 4 posts
Mosa Golf User Rights - 0 posts
Need contact details of state schools in Spain, preferably Costa Blanca!asap???? - 3 posts
Dish Supplier? - 7 posts
Costa del Sol Bus Strike - 3 posts
Padron is a town in La Coruña (Galicia) - 1 posts
6 month rental - 0 posts
REFUSED BUILDING LICENSES - 11 posts
Looking for long term let preferably Alicante asap???Can u help??? - 10 posts
How to find electrical work in spain! - 16 posts
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only. - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x