Telimicro GONE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Just read on another ( nameless ) forum that the Guardia Civil and national Police raided the offices of telimicro earlier this morning and detained some of the executives and that TV had GONE..........................
So I turned on our TV.......................and YES................it's GONE !!
Anybody have any news ??

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 3:08 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
More info...................the Guardia are still at the offices of telimicro and have said the TV is finito........................they staff were outside earlier in handcuffs apparently.
One installer narrowly missed being arrested, so things certainly look a bit grim. 

I'm glad we changed our option and arranged to pay monthly begining at the end of August !!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 3:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We had paid a year up till January, Karen. Only took it out for Christmas, as you know, & wasn't offered monthly payments. 

OH SH*T !!! Been waiting for this for a long time I guess. Yes, I saw the nameless forum's postings too.

Is there something we can get up to at night now ??

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 3:22 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
We paid by the year too, but I said to OH that it wasn't a good idea now and I would rather lose a few euro a year cos we pay it monthly that a whole year's money. It's a good job too cos we would have paid a full year on 28th July so I would have been livid !!

I'm sure you will find 'other' things to do in the evenings, although mine will have to be solitary for a bit until OH returns !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 3:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I'm sure you will find 'other' things to do in the evenings  Nope, can't think. Dominos ? Scrabble ?

We, & others I'm sure, had absolutely no thoughts of paying a whole year in advance when ours was up for renewal. So we've had a few weeks watching for 700€ including box etc. Wonder if they want the box back as agreement says it's the property of Telmicro.  Other companies will be wondering what's going on now & who's going to ever cough up annually to other companies now ? It's a right mess & guess who have lost out ? 

Just surprised that WaveFM have not said a dicky bird today about Telmicro.

Just waiting for our phone SIM to be next victim, just sorted bank a/c out. God, WHEN did I find time to go out to work ??

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/12/2008.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 4:52 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar
Hi.
Our neighbours just knocked on our door to ask us to check our T.V.
right enough it has GONE.  Does anyone have any ideas if it is
just TELEMICRO who are being investigated,  is there any other
options of getting just the basic english channels installed, ie;
BBC1, BBC2, ITV,CHANNEL 4 and 5. LEGAL COMPANIES I MEAN.
OR are we just going to be stuck with spanish channels PERMANENTLY

GYPSY

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 4:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Didn't you WANT to learn Spanish quickly, Gypsy ?

In answer to your question, I dunno. Telmicro have had problems since earlier in the year when no one else had, seemingly.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 4:59 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Karen and More l was going to switch to monthly like you Karen in Oct as l thought something like this was going to happen.so l have lost 2 months (30 euros) could have been worse, like poor more 700euros for a few weeks,l bet your not amused, l dont think they will be around for there digi box (hopefully)  time will tell.Yes l bet the other companies are looking over there shoulders.Pat.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 5:18 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Ooops
just saw this after posting in airports about it. 
So what happens now? We paid 595 euros to have dish and all the gubbings installed so does this mean that money has gone down the pan??
Have e mailed our keyholders so see what they say.
The only reason we had it installed was because we were told that the communal aerial would be spanish only. Then turns out that the communal get sky channels. Why the hell can't we get correct information?????????? 

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 5:19 PM by valandgef Star rating in Playa Flamenca. 9 posts Send private message

Hi Karen,
I have just found this topic which has answered my PM to you.
We were told that they were the only legal transmitter of UK programmes!
They must all be in bother now do you think?
I wonder where we go from here? 
It makes you scared to hand over hard earned money for another installation doesn't it?
We have been with Telmicro for over two years, but we pay monthly.

OH is wondering how he can get to watch the BRNO Moto GP this weekend!!

Val

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 5:49 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Does anyone know if we order a sky card over here to take with us will it fit in the telemicro box?

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:03 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
a sky card will only work in a receiver that is designed to read NDS encryption...normally this is a sky branded receiver, but some other receivers can be prepared with unofficial software that reads the card and NDS data.

i dare say that  there isno soiftware for the the receivers TM use 

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Perhaps we ought to have a book club where we read then review, take our minds off TV. 

God, all my forums are pinging my mailbox summat rotton today with mobile phone registering, bank embargoes, Telmicro. It's after 6pm & I've not had lunch yet.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:14 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Thank you satanpcguy,
Any suggestions of other options?

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Apparently this was on the back of an Iceland receipt in Torrevieja.

http://www.lee-digital.com/ 

Check it out.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:27 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Looks promising may be worth an e mail to ask about a card. Don't want the dish and other stuff. Could ask them.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
From that site More:

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MICROWAVE RE-BROADCAST SYSTEM ?
Following the widely publicised illegal tv switch-off, why not take this chance to switch to a reliable, pure digital satellite system, and benefit from our special offers as a thank-you for switching your supply to us.

Drop them a line Gina and see what they suggest.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:33 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
although i do not know of lee at leedigital, many people on the torrevieja.co.uk forum do say he is very good and has good after sales service.....

god do i wish i was down in your area now......

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:40 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Thanks
I will e mail them and see what they say.
I'll let you know. 
Cheers

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 7:08 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

other options available:

get a dish - the most sensible option..

slingbox - does depend on what  channel is showing and the upload speed at the other end - good for pc screen viewing, not too good on big lcd's plasmas

zattoo and other streaming services - many look at what country you are in and will limit the service to channels for that country - you can get aorund it via a proxy service, but these may be slow and there may be a fair bit of buffering- again depends on ADSL speed and good for a pc screen but not really for bog plasmas and lcds - becareful of some of the pay streaming serivces as some of these have also been takenoff air after clients have paid for a years subscription.

torrents - as long as you have a good site to get them from like thebox.bz

get D+ - spains satellite subscription service - does almost the same sports and tv dramsa (lost etc) but not corrie

get a book  :D

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish/English Wills - 18 posts
New member "SNOW" - 1 posts
Latest photos - 2 posts
Long Let Security against bad tenants - 4 posts
walking groups in costa blanca - 7 posts
Ryanair Debit/Credit Card Charges - 108 posts
Disappeared - 11 posts
More Community Problems - 30 posts
Driving schools near Coín?! - 8 posts
jean oldham - 7 posts
Any advice on this one please? - 105 posts
Oooops.....Pink Combat shorts!!! - 6 posts
A good Abogado in the Manilva area. - 4 posts
Mosa Golf User Rights - 0 posts
Need contact details of state schools in Spain, preferably Costa Blanca!asap???? - 3 posts
Dish Supplier? - 7 posts
Costa del Sol Bus Strike - 3 posts
Padron is a town in La Coruña (Galicia) - 1 posts
6 month rental - 0 posts
REFUSED BUILDING LICENSES - 11 posts
Looking for long term let preferably Alicante asap???Can u help??? - 10 posts
How to find electrical work in spain! - 16 posts
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only. - 7 posts
Swimming Pool Construction - 1 posts
Swimming pool and other community issues - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 213

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x