More Community Problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Aug 2008 11:06 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Also Sec 7 of Horizontal Law

"The owner and the occupant of a unit shall not carry out in such unit or in the rest of the building any activities not permitted in the community statutes, or which may cause damage to the property or contravene the general regulations concerning inconvenient, unhealthy, noxious, hazardous or unlawful
activities. "

It's a fun Wednesday night reading the Horizontal Law, how sad is that???!!! Must get a life..........

This message was last edited by Poppyseed on 8/13/2008.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
14 Aug 2008 3:30 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi can anyone tell me does all c/pools close in the afternoon we have been told the spainish want the pools closed at siesta times ?is this correct in spain?and some of them are the people who dont pay there  c/charge thanks irene

Like 0      
14 Aug 2008 4:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
It's up to the individual community.
If the pool is larger than 200m2 in area, there must be a lifeguard on duty (Andalucia - may vary in other parts of Spain). If the community is only willing or able to pay for one lifeguard, it may be that the pool has to close in order for the lifeguard to have his break, which is probably a legal requirement (not familiar with employment law)
It may be that the community has simply decided that they want to have a peaceful siesta without screaming kids in the pool. I can imagine other communities would feel completely differently. If you have a few hours off work in the afternoon and work close to home, I can well imagine that this is the time you are most likely to want to use the pool. 
By the way, anyone who has not paid their community fees, does not have a right to vote on any matters arising at community meetings, so if the issue of pool opening hours was raised, those who are not up to date do not have a say, whatever they want.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
14 Aug 2008 4:43 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi roberto our pool must be small as we dont need to have a life gaurd but when you see residents on the notice board who dont pay and all you want to do is have a quiet swim then go to your apt  whats wrong with that.Then the residents are the ones with the dogs that bark all day and night so who gets any sleep thanks irene  

This message was last edited by irenemontague on 8/14/2008.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2008 7:21 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Our pool is open throughout all the daylight hours - 12 months a year.

Yes, there are a few brave souls who take advantage of those 12 months - but I'm not one of them.  I wait until the thermostat is showing 28!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
14 Aug 2008 7:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Rob, I said that tongue in cheek re carport/gazebo.  Didn't need you to comment quite as you did with a " " too. Our community rules state it's not permitted so it's as much an issue to our community as the shed is to Irene & her community. This threads about community problems isn't it ? 

For everyone else, & Roberto knows all of this as I asked him for advice, some of our neighbours erected a gazebo which was not permitted ,in their titchy front garden. They use it to shade their car. President said remove it, they said "no, sue us", community won't as admin says it's likely to go against us & cost us. With the President backing down others are saying well, we'll just do whatever we want, & the community is having problems. (It's in More's Blog  )

Rob, if you knew just how long I've spent with Irene trying to help over this shed issue (you aren't privvy to all the PMs that went between us) finally finding the shed photo after trying to find the correct development of around five, then putting the photograph on my hard drive before it went in my photobucket then posting the picture after reducing the size & adding text to embellish it just to help someone I don't know, you'll understand why I'm a little upset with you.  

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/14/2008.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2008 8:13 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Calm down, dear! My was supposed to represent the Devil's advocate. I was just teasing you. You should know me better by now. 
Anyway, apologies for any (unintended) distress caused

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 12:08 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Roberto, it's just (you know) things get heated with the d*mn thing still there. (Been a long few days, I'm tired). I know your SOH but the subject's rather upsetting. You either have rules or you don't. Community life's never dull, for sure.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 1:43 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi all i have just read this on our site no alarms boxes on out side walls but the BIG SHED at don juan can stay ????? why? does anyone have the same problems with alarm boxes on walls at there community thanks irene

This message was last edited by irenemontague on 8/22/2008.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 2:03 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
No problem with alarm boxes, but you put the wrong shade of paint on your garden wall, and woe betide you!!  

All the homes are coated with not paint stuff, but no so the garden walls!  Everyone has a paint number and are given the name of a shop from where to buy it!!  

Its a capital offence to put the wrong colour on!   

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 7:20 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi all i no about what your saying about the paint ?i wanted to paint my metal covers on the windows ,in a good paint like hammerite and this paint stops the rust and the colour was a good match and then the people who paint are blocks could go over what i but on,but our v/president was not happy.All i can say to him was if you put cheap paint on the rust will come back quicker and if we paint with a good paint you dont need to paint every 6 months as the v/p wants to do, but he would not listen so now i just look at all the rust getting worst bye irene 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving schools near Coín?! - 8 posts
jean oldham - 7 posts
Any advice on this one please? - 105 posts
Oooops.....Pink Combat shorts!!! - 6 posts
A good Abogado in the Manilva area. - 4 posts
Mosa Golf User Rights - 0 posts
Need contact details of state schools in Spain, preferably Costa Blanca!asap???? - 3 posts
Dish Supplier? - 7 posts
Costa del Sol Bus Strike - 3 posts
Padron is a town in La Coruña (Galicia) - 1 posts
6 month rental - 0 posts
REFUSED BUILDING LICENSES - 11 posts
Looking for long term let preferably Alicante asap???Can u help??? - 10 posts
How to find electrical work in spain! - 16 posts
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only. - 7 posts
Swimming Pool Construction - 1 posts
Swimming pool and other community issues - 19 posts
Bank Accounts - 4 posts
Conservatory or extention in Spain - 20 posts
shani - 4 posts
Would like to introduce ourselves. - 2 posts
Accessing Banco Halifax Online. - 15 posts
The north... - 2 posts
Health & Safety in Spain - 0 posts
Roadside Assistance - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x